collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76949 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2012, 11:41:21 PM »
Found the I ♥ Fashion Abbey today! I'm keeping her in the box for now though....her eyes are perfect, but her teeth are painted on a little wonky, so if I can find another I might switch them.

Found a Nefera with a perfect face up today as well  ^.^ Now if I could only find the new releases... XD
Ahhh lucky! I want the I <3 Fashion Abbey so much! She'd probably be fighting for my voucher's love against ST Clawdeen... I need both of them for my collection... but they are just so amazing in their own ways... dammit. It sucks that my fiance's mother has gone into full on.. um... animal (this is the most polite way I can put it) mode about.. everything and feels as though we're too busy buying BS (never mind she'd do the same, and has in the past, but that is best for a WYP thread XD) that I can't rightfully grab both (even though one will be free!).... eh, I'll see how next week goes. I should have $30 going into PayPal by the end of August, which I worked for so I will spend it how I choose :D

Offline KneonT

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shadowbinders
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2012, 04:14:10 AM »
I don't have Kairi in the photo, but here are her dolls so far.  Her Birthday is coming in Sept. and I know she will be getting more dolls and Draculaura's car too.

Please excuse that they are a bit messy.  These belong to a 4 almost 5 year old.  She takes really good care of them and they are played with and loved daily.  I know there are more pets here somewhere too.  They cross over to play with Strawberry Shortcake and Barbie often.    Her first doll was Cupid in Feb.  These were all either gifts or they were purchased with money she got for holidays, selling old toys, or chores.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:25:57 AM by KneonT »
Steampunk, Fantasy, Magic, and Mecha
shadowbinders.com

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2012, 07:46:38 AM »
My Hubby-to-be and I were discussing this years lego Star wars advent calendar and he replied "-what if they would release a MH calender? With clothes and shoes for the dolls!"
And I was like "-yeah, right...mattel would do that...as if..." and afterwords I am like "-But....I WANTS IT NOW!"

That would be so darn neat! With like santa-hats and reindeer-horns for the girls to wear and gifts to give eachother! :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:49:03 AM by SweetScoops »
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2012, 07:52:28 AM »
Congratulations to everyone who found Venus/Robecca so far! That's pretty amazing. :3

I'm really excited for my upcoming birthday, my cousin was talking about how she went to ToysXL (kind of like Toys r us) and saw that they sold Abbey and Toralei. She normally never goes to toystores, never. At least, not by herself.. I always drag her along.. xD

I have this feeling she's buying me a MH doll.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:56:31 AM by Tiffoes »

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2012, 08:20:32 AM »
Eek! I learned something the hard way, BE CAREFUL WIT THE ACCESSORIES!!

The feathers of the purse of my Toralai ripped her shirt  :cry:, I sewed it later so it's better now.  :huh:

Just to clarify, Toralei does have an rip as part of her shirt's design. Did the feathers catch in this and snag it? I just wanted to point it out in case it's the part that's meant to be there. I didn't really notice it at first on mine and thought I had put it there initially, since it's un-hemmed and looks like a slash in the fabric.

My Hubby-to-be and I were discussing this years lego Star wars advent calendar and he replied "-what if they would release a MH calender? With clothes and shoes for the dolls!"
And I was like "-yeah, right...mattel would do that...as if..." and afterwords I am like "-But....I WANTS IT NOW!"

That would be so darn neat! With like santa-hats and reindeer-horns for the girls to wear and gifts to give eachother! :D

I would love a MH Advent Calender with shoes and other accessories! :) Either that, or fashion pack and/or shoe blind bags/boxes.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:26:23 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »
MH Advent calendar filled with shoes, clothing and accessories... That would be AMAZING!!!! What an awesome idea!

A Target reset for GR?  Interesting.  I'll have to keep checking the Target DPCI thing obsessively. XD

Where are people finding Robecca and Venus?  Like what store, and what states/countries?  I went looking yesterday but didn't see them at all but I keep hearing about people finding them!  They're such incredible dolls. <3

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2012, 09:41:17 AM »
Where are people finding Robecca and Venus?  Like what store, and what states/countries?  I went looking yesterday but didn't see them at all but I keep hearing about people finding them!  They're such incredible dolls. <3

I found them at Target here in WA about 2 weeks ago. I haven't seen them since.

Offline KneonT

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shadowbinders
« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »

I found them at Walmart.
Steampunk, Fantasy, Magic, and Mecha
shadowbinders.com

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »

I found them at Walmart.

Me too, WalMart in Vermont.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2012, 09:54:30 AM »
Boo....I just got Venus and Robecca in the mail and Robecca has some horrible wonk eye going on. :( She's looking off in two different directions and one of her eyebrows is covering the bolts on her forehead. I contacted Mattel and they told me to send her back for a replacement, but in doing so I will have to pay return shipping and it'll be 6-8 weeks before the new one arrives. I can't be happy with her the way she is so I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and do it. This kind of spoiled my day, I was really looking forward to receiving her today.

Oh well. I think I may try and head out to Walmart later to see if I can find another in the meantime.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:10:15 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2012, 09:56:29 AM »
Boo sorry Mandy :(

To go out monster hunting today, or not to go? It's supposed to be 106 degrees out :hot: and with all that getting in and out of the car it gets really taxing.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »

Just to clarify, Toralei does have an rip as part of her shirt's design. Did the feathers catch in this and snag it? I just wanted to point it out in case it's the part that's meant to be there. I didn't really notice it at first on mine and thought I had put it there initially, since it's un-hemmed and looks like a slash in the fabric.

Thanks for the info, I didn't knew this  :blush: I nocited the rip until 2 days after I got her.

Now I'm not sure if the feathers did some damage or not,  it's confusing since the rip is not sewed.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2012, 10:00:10 AM »
Boo....I just got Venus and Robecca in the mail and Robecca has some horrible wonk eye going on. :( She's looking off in two different directions and one of her eyebrows is covering the bolts on her forehead. I contacted Mattel and they told me to send her back for a replacement, but in doing so I will have to pay return shipping. I can't be happy with her the way she is so I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and do it. This kind of spoiled my day, I was really looking forward to receiving her today.

Oh well. I think I may try and head out to Walmart later to see if I can find another in the meantime.

Booo! I'm sorry to hear that Mandy :(  It's always disappointing to get a doll with a flaw, but that one sounds extra annoying. Hopefully you'll find a nice new one.

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »
Thanks guys. :) I got impatient and found them for a good deal on ebay, I had a feeling buying them sight unseen was going to end this way. I should have known better by now, lol, especially after coming across an entire shelf of wonk eye a few weeks ago when the re-releases started hitting my area. It seems like the problem has gotten worse now that they're trying to crank out production.

It's going to take a month to get my replacement, so I'm hoping I can find a nice one in the store in the meantime and just sell off my extra (given that she doesn't look funky as well anyway).

Haha, the more I look at her the more errors I find. Poor girl, one of her eyelashes is also smeared on the side of her face and her lips were applied crooked as well.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:33:56 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2012, 10:59:50 AM »

I'm pretty sure they had a calendar last year but it was all stuff like makeup and stickers.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal