collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76862 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2012, 02:49:22 PM »
I saw a case of Scarahs for sale on ebay.  The case was labeled "made in Indonesia" and I cringed.  They want $600 for the case.  6 to a case. 

She'd probably be an easy doll to rehair.  Black hair isn't too hard to come by :lol:  Or you could add plugs.  It sucks that you would have to consider adding hair to a doll that is so expensive, though.  For the amount of money I'm considering paying for her, she should come with a diamond ring from Hoodude :lol:

:lmao: A diamond ring!

Doesn't it make you kinda sick that there is someone offering that case like that? I'm an adult collector, so hurting my feelings is nothing, but if I had a daughter [or even a son] that wanted one, and this was going on..... oooo.... this is why I can't have kids :)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »
Man, it sucks most of you who wanted her could not get Scarah. :C
I didn't even know that us international folks could place an order, too.. let alone that we'd get first dips. Otherwise I'd have ordered two for sale/trade since I am not interested in her in the slightest. Might be valueable info for next year's exclusive, tho. :<

Anyways, good luck on your hunt! I hope her ebay-prices will drop a bit in the near future.. $100 is just ridiculous. :<

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2012, 03:48:45 PM »
I managed to make a private deal with a seller off ebay and I got two sets of Scarah for $50 a piece, Yes that's expensive but compared to the prices now for her its not bad. So at least he got a profit and I or am getting what i want since they are in the mail and should arrive any time now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »
My Scarah has the same bald spot at the back of her head. Also, several of us have discovered that she has patchy rooting under her headband. The headband doesn't concern me as much, since I tend to keep my girls in their stock. but it's annoying, because the last two exclusives have had stunning quality. Granted, the rest of the doll is perfect, but the hair is a huge disappointment.

One of my besties contacted Mattel to complain and they're sending her a $25 voucher. After I get a couple pics, i'm doing the same. I strongly encourage everyone with a legitimate issue to do the same. I'll be taking a photo with her next to a label, so they can see I'm not just using someone else's photo to scam a free voucher. but yeah, they need to realize, the SDCC exclusives are an extremely limited run, and that the quality level should be much higher for dolls like that. I can excuse dolls sold in stores with issues, because new batches will be made. But this Scarah is limited to something like 5,000 or so. I can't just sit around and wait for them to fix the issue.

In better news, the aforementioned bestie (some of you may know her as VeniVidiDolli) found me a Venus and a Robecca! I haven't spotted either of them yet, so I'm super excited! I've been aching for a plant-based monster since the line launched, so the fact that I hadn't gotten her yet was driving me nuts. Not only did she find them, she dug through five boxes (her Walmart had just gotten a truck) to find me dolls that were practically perfect! 

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2012, 04:14:11 PM »
It seems that anyone with an international address was given first dibs on Scarah. Which really isn't fair but what ever.

It's not fair as such, but I think I can see why Mattel did that. Anyone who lives outside of the US would have been far less likely to be able to attend SDCC, so obtaining Scarah would have been near impossible. It was a sham the way it was handled, and that there weren't enough dolls to go around, but I'm sure there are some international fans who are counting themselves very lucky.
:heart:

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »
I am SO Happy that I don't even want Scarah when I see what everyone's writing
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »

I was thinking the same thing! I find it so sad that so many people didn't get her, and I really wouldn't want to go through that :c
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2012, 04:27:17 PM »

I wish I hadn't wanted her  :lol:

But I know very well that she's not worth $80+ to me, so I've let go of the idea of owning her. Plus, I would be mortified if I paid that much money for her, and somewhere down the line they did a widespread release of her.

Novavelle

« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »
yeah I really did want her, just cause I liked the basis of the character but not at $80 I'd be willing to pay like $40 max and that's not gonna happen so... I'll live.

but I will however be pissed if I can't find the roller maze two pack with abbey.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2012, 04:37:51 PM »
Surprisingly, as someone from the U.S, I'm not bothered the international buyers may have gotten a better chance at Scarah.  It does seem alittle bit fairer for them, I guess.  She sold out in 17 min.  Did any of us REALLY have a chance?  I'm not a cut-throat type of person.  I will not run to be in front of a line.  I will not cheat to get something before anyone else.  I did everything I could to get this doll and it didn't work for me *shug*  I had the chance to get the first SDCC exclusive, but was never interested.  I picked up the second exclusive from Matty Collector HOURS after she was available.  It was time I ran into a bit of bad luck:(  I was pretty upset minutes after I lost Scarah (because I HAD HER. I just couldn't close the deal, due to panic) but I'm over it now.  I know I can't get her for $25 anymore.  I know if I want her, I have to PAY for her.  Now I just a couple tough choices ahead of me.  To buy or not to buy........

Post Merge: July 23, 2012, 04:44:27 PM

Ugh!  Could you imagine spending over a hundred for her, and Mattel re-releasing her (ala Cupid) and bringing her value down.  The only thing that's making me THINK about spending this money now, is that a year or two down the line she MIGHT be worth a bit more.  I keep thinking IF I had invested that $20 on SDCC Frankie 2 years ago, I could buy 2 Scarahs :lol:

I really can't see Scarah being worth all this money.  I know Hoodude's included, but I feel as though I could make a better voodoo doll myself.  If anything it's those diaries, and any box art that's worth the extra $$$$ for me.......
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:44:27 PM by grzankitter »
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »
grzankitter- yeah, if they release a widespread basic version of Scarah after this whole debacle I will NOT be pleased. Especially if she's almost exactly the same. I'm glad I picked up 1600 Cupid at cost in store because the re-release just isn't as cute to me. I'm irritated at myself that I didn't know about SDCC Frankie till MONTHS after the fact so I've never been able to get her. ;.;

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »
I bought roller maze lagoona. She is super pretty.

I don't want or need her skates helmet or knee pads if anyone is intrested in them just let me know.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2012, 07:08:12 PM »
I'm kinda glad I passed on Scarah after all. She looks like Peg Bundie with green skin and black hair. The hair, the lips. It's kinda off putting XD but maybe if they add her to another line later on, I might pick one up, but so far she and Cupid have been 'basics' I could absolutely pass on (plus I think HooDude is shoddily made as crap.)

VincentVJ

« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »
Alright.  I was upset when I thought I would have to pay $80 for Scarah on ebay, when she costs $25.  Now she's practically $100!  Please tell me she'll go back down:(  Now I'm praying for $80 :lol:  Is this just because people are freaking out about losing her this morning?  Any guess as to what her pricing will be like in the future?  I'm not holding my breath for one at cost, but I CAN'T spend $100 on this doll.  I don't like her enough.

I think I'm going to look into a custom, or commission someone, or do one myself.  I'll probably like whatever I wind up with more, anyway.  I'm sad I won't have the diaries or box art, though:(

When all you lucky ladies and gents get your Scarahs, could you be so kind to post pictures of her and Frankie side by side (or any doll that would be a good base for a custom.)  I know GB Frankie was used in a pinch at CC last year, but I'd like to see how she turned out IRL.

I remember seeing a Ghoulia for 30 with all of the SDCC swag a few months afterwards... So once demand goes down, maybe price will too.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2012, 07:54:21 PM »
She looks like Peg Bundie with green skin and black hair.
GREAT, NOW I NEED HER XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal