collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 77030 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
..while I understand the logic behind that... they could at least help you out and tell you if they have them our not.. even if they can't pull them from the stock room. It's just ugh... I get it's to prevent scalpers, to let the kids get their toylines.. but how does that help the children who want these toys? I swear, I will never get stores logic.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »
..while I understand the logic behind that... they could at least help you out and tell you if they have them our not.. even if they can't pull them from the stock room. It's just ugh... I get it's to prevent scalpers, to let the kids get their toylines.. but how does that help the children who want these toys? I swear, I will never get stores logic.

They did tell me they have them. Every store in my area has 6 in the stock room.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »
Ah, my apologizes, I read the line of them "not helping" as them not bothering to look in the back for them! Either way, most of my post still stands the same. It's a stupid policy that honestly is doing more harm than good.. at least in my area. Because every single Target employee in toys is too damn busy lounging about and not doing their jobs.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »

They did tell me they have them. Every store in my area has 6 in the stock room.

At least you know exactly when they will be out so you won't miss them
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2012, 05:46:38 PM »

At least ypu know exactly when they will be out so you won't miss them

Unless they all of a sudden put them out early >.< This drives me insane! LOL

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »
Sooo, I am absolutely dying to get Robecca, Venus and the 5 pack. I am hoping they will come here soon, as everything else has made its way here quickly. I've been doing yard work for my mom so I have doll funds and I have work lined up for next weekend so here's hoping to find something new this week!

And as far as case release dates on dolls, I had one TRU near me tell me they had case release dates at their store and couldn't sell any of then sooner then that. Then another store near me got those same dolls and had them on shelves O.o The Target I got all my ST dolls from didn't say anything about a relase date. They were in the back but the guy went back and got them for me and put them on hold so I could pick them up later :) sooo release dates must be different everywhere, what sense does that make?! Totally different from when I worked retail in electronics and there were street dates that were the same everywhere no possible sooner releases anywhere.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
Ok, I finally figured out what's up with the ST dolls and the Targets in my area. All stores are showing availability and I confirmed that they all have 6 dolls. However, none of the stores can find them. They are not on the floor and they don't have a stock room location. Today I got confirmation that they are holding them until the shelf date of the 29th. I've also been told that they are marked as collectibles in their system. According to the manager I spoke to today, that means the employees are not supposed to help you find them, not bring them out from the stock room. So yeah, they're not making it easy!

This is terrible, both Targets I went to were SUPER helpful, and even checked whatever assortment they had of random dolls for the elusive two. No luck there, though.

I don't really understand, from Target's point of view. If you were asking for them, you are going to buy them, that is a guaranteed sale. If they make you wait, they aren't guaranteed that money. even if you give them the benefit of the doubt that they are stopping scalpers [which I don't think their motives are so altruistic] wouldn't they want the money? Sorry, just thinking out loud....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:11:21 PM by rayedelsol »

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2012, 07:15:02 PM »
I want to beg for st clawdeen but i doubt ill have anymore money this month

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2012, 07:44:15 PM »
Got shamed by a nine-year-old at TRU today.

"Aren't you a little old for this?"

"You're never too old to have fun, kid."

...still kind of stung, though. First time actually out of the house and at TRU in months, and this happens? Ugh. My social anxiety was right. I'm gonna stick to ordering everything online from now on.

Besides, they didn't have Ghoulia and the scooter. Just the scooter.

That is so sad... most of the kids Ive run into who say anything are just shocked that an adult likes the same things they do... they really think its cool. Of course, I have pink and black hair, so I've also been told that I look like Draculaura... XD

Haha my dad says i look like Ghoulia! I have blue hair. Kids tend to stare at me but they've never said anything. A little girl crouched next to me once when i was looking through the dolls on the bottom shelf, that freaked me out, i have social anxiety too. That was mean for that kid to say, you're never too old for something you enjoy! I'd say try not to let it bother you but i know from experience how hard it is :(  But still what do 9 year olds know anyway  :lol:

Eeee my Scarah Screams arrived! I've been paranoid since i ordered her she'd have horribly wonky eyes, but other than an awkward box pose she's perfect, what a relief  :biggrin:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »
Ok, I finally figured out what's up with the ST dolls and the Targets in my area. All stores are showing availability and I confirmed that they all have 6 dolls. However, none of the stores can find them. They are not on the floor and they don't have a stock room location. Today I got confirmation that they are holding them until the shelf date of the 29th. I've also been told that they are marked as collectibles in their system. According to the manager I spoke to today, that means the employees are not supposed to help you find them, not bring them out from the stock room. So yeah, they're not making it easy!

This is terrible, both Targets I went to were SUPER helpful, and even checked whatever assortment they had of random dolls for the elusive two. No luck there, though.

I don't really understand, from Target's point of view. If you were asking for them, you are going to buy them, that is a guaranteed sale. If they make you wait, they aren't guaranteed that money. even if you give them the benefit of the doubt that they are stopping scalpers [which I don't think their motives are so altruistic] wouldn't they want the money? Sorry, just thinking out loud....

Based on the number of people who still sometimes have a hard time finding MH on the shelf, I'm guessing that they're still guaranteed the money.

I will say, different Target's have different policies around collectibles. Unlike new video games/movies/etc, the dolls themselves don't have a "hard" release date. So the general manager of a store (or sometimes the district marketing manager) can make the call to hold certain hot products. There may be an upcoming ad, and they may be concerned that they wont have enough to support it. I haven't even seen this Sunday's ad for target, so I don't know. But I do know that there's a reset going on at many stores, and the box of ST at hannaliten's Target may have been on a designated pallet, which would explain why the employees couldn't find it.

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2012, 04:34:16 AM »
Guys the scary tale dolls going to be available at my local argos as from the weekend (I can not comfirm who though) But I would be willing to purchase them for you if you wish.They would be shipped from the uk.I dont have the money to buy them upfront so If you want me to buy them I would need the money upfront £25 per doll plus shipping,price depending on how you want them shipped x Anyway if anyone is intrested drop me a pm and ill see what i can do x

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2012, 06:41:55 AM »
I got bored the other day, and decided to make a photo of all of the dolls based on character. I used the photos in the *Up and Coming* Thread to do this. [The thread says they are free to take, I just used paint to rearrange them] I wanted to compare things like hair color or makeup [or Lagoona's hands], and I didn't have a good way to do that.
I wanted to share in case anyone is interested:

Abbey:
Spoiler

Clawdeen:
Spoiler

Cleo:
Spoiler

Draculaura:
Spoiler

Frankie:
Spoiler

Ghoulia:
Spoiler

Lagoona:
Spoiler

Operetta:
Spoiler

Spectra:
Spoiler
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:31:11 PM by rayedelsol »

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2012, 08:15:56 AM »
I managed to get a Killer Style Frankie today. I think they must be a Woolworths thing... all the stories I've heard of them being found here have included Woolies o_O

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »
Nice work, raye. I had no idea so few Lagoona's were produced in comparison to the others.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2012, 09:27:20 AM »
SO MANY FRANKIES.

I'm happy to report that my Ghoulia collection is still up to date, then :) The only one that I will need to hunt down is the DDG one :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal