collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Original Tomb Raiders 1-3. Anyone play them or remember?  (Read 1241 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Original Tomb Raiders 1-3. Anyone play them or remember?
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:18:21 AM »
Just wondering if anyone is into those games  :nerdy:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Original Tomb Raiders 1-3. Anyone play them or remember?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:19:53 AM »
Ah, not my cup of tea--but im sure there are others^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:49:11 AM »
Omg. I freaking love Tomb Raider. The first and second ones are my favourite! I have so many happy memories watching my father play both :)

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:50:30 AM »
Funny coincidence.. I saw this post just as my boyfriend started playing Universal right next to me on PS3. He said it's kind of based on the first one? I've never played any of them myself, but remember my younger brother did way back when I was still in highschool. Those games are ooold! Lol.

I kind of enjoy the movies tho, especially the first one *ducks fakies*

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »
I am a huge huge huge huge huge Lara Croft fan.  I have played many of the games and even have the easier ones for my dsi. I can't get enough of her really.  The first game was my favorite and at times I get my old system out and relive my moments of mastering that game and the long nights it took me to master my jumps and find those hidden rooms.  This is the only type of video game style I like as I am not into the games they make now. TR is #1 in my mind all around.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »
Nope. Not my thing I'm afraid.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
I am a huge huge huge huge huge Lara Croft fan.  I have played many of the games and even have the easier ones for my dsi. I can't get enough of her really.  The first game was my favorite and at times I get my old system out and relive my moments of mastering that game and the long nights it took me to master my jumps and find those hidden rooms.  This is the only type of video game style I like as I am not into the games they make now. TR is #1 in my mind all around.

Dude, the first game is the BEST one. I love it! The puzzles are hard, the rewards excellent and the story decent.

I have so many memories of it too.

Actually I'm playing the third one right now. And the reason why I brought it up is that it's so dark that it's hard to see. After some searching I found out this is a problem for everyone that played the game on a playstation versus a computer. It was ruining the game for me unfortunately. I was wondering if someone here had a way to fix it or a glitch that would get unlimited flares.

Fortunately I found the answer and am no longer saddened by the dark rooms where I'll be standing by a switch and can't see it. According to some posters, the gamma for the playstation version is very low and there didn't make it so you can adjust it. On the pc there isn't this problem. It was some type of oversight. A VERY stupid one considering the game is great otherwise.

Honestly, Tomb Raider II wasn't my favorite. I'm only on level 2 on Tomb Raider III but I can tell that it's already better than the 2nd one.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »
Actually, as much of a gaming fanatic as I am, I never played Tomb Raider.  Hmm!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 11:00:14 AM »
A bit like Evie, considering the amount of games I have played or play, the only Tomb Raider I had was an old one for the GBA and that was woeful! Think I tried it for a couple of hours and then gave up due to lack of excitement!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »
A bit like Evie, considering the amount of games I have played or play, the only Tomb Raider I had was an old one for the GBA and that was woeful! Think I tried it for a couple of hours and then gave up due to lack of excitement!

I assume you mean Gameboy Advance? I had no idea Tomb Raider was even released on that.

Very odd. But I can see why you didn't like it. See, Tomb Raider is all about the puzzles. So you have to be able to see everything.  A little screen and bad graphics would probably make the gameplay not so great.

But you may not like the game. I know a lot of gamers that never even looked at a Tomb Raider game. Honestly, it is one of the hardest games you will ever play. Plus, it's slow moving. This is my personal experience, but I think it's impossible to play the game and immediately like it. You have to get hooked first. Once you get stuck on a puzzle or die over and over again you put it down and then realize you want to play again. It's weird. It's definitely not a game I liked at first but it grew on me when I first played it when I was 12.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 11:11:39 PM »
I enjoyed the first two, more Tomb Raider 2 than the first one. The games, for their time, were huge. You were put in these giant, sprawling levels, and set about your task. I spent most of my time wandering around the levels, just poking around, seeing what they look like. After Tomb Raider 3 was a bust, I lost interest in the series.

I have a blag about ponies.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »
I enjoyed the first two, more Tomb Raider 2 than the first one. The games, for their time, were huge. You were put in these giant, sprawling levels, and set about your task. I spent most of my time wandering around the levels, just poking around, seeing what they look like. After Tomb Raider 3 was a bust, I lost interest in the series.

How was TRIII a bust? To tell you the truth, I didn't like TRII too much. Someday I might try it again but I'm only on the 4th level for TRIII and I already like this one a lot more.

Unless it has to do with the darkness? Cause I am wondering how anyone played this game on the PS1 without having a tv that goes REALLY bright or unlimited flares.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 02:08:49 AM »
I absolutely love the Tomb Raider games. I don't own the originals anymore. Most of the video games I had as a kid were sold to gamestop by my older brother when he needed money. Teenage boys always needed money for some reason  :blink:

I do have Underworld, Anniversary and am GOING to get the new one the day it comes out! I love Lara<3

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
*pricks up ears* Tomb Raider you say? I LOVE me some Tomb Raider! I got a PSX for my 11th birthday, and the first game I bought for myself was the original Tomb Raider. I could never get past St. Francis' Folly as a kid though, I only fully completed it year before last. Shameful, really.

Rather excited about the reboot. Please don't screw it up Square Enix, please please please! We don't need another Legend, thanks...

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 01:59:46 PM »
*pricks up ears* Tomb Raider you say? I LOVE me some Tomb Raider! I got a PSX for my 11th birthday, and the first game I bought for myself was the original Tomb Raider. I could never get past St. Francis' Folly as a kid though, I only fully completed it year before last. Shameful, really.

Rather excited about the reboot. Please don't screw it up Square Enix, please please please! We don't need another Legend, thanks...

I don't know anyone who was a kid that actually completed the TR games. I got the game...in 5th or 6th grade and it was hard as heck. I got past Francis Folly but got stuck on another level. I NEVER could get passed this one point.

Fast forward to adulthood and I decide to try and beat the game (even though I never beat it, I always liked the game). I get to that point that I was stuck at years ago and I get passed it easily.

It's not a game for kids. It takes patience, doesn't have much action and the levels are about puzzles. The fact that you got to Francis Folly as an 11 year old is an accomplishment.

I haven't seen anything about the reboot except for some cinematic trailer that didn't tell me anything. The only thing I know from the trailer that Lara's voice is seriously off and her face is too soft. I know she's supposed to be 21 but yeah, shouldn't be different than what we are used to. She looks like a Final Fantasy character the way she is portrayed.

I am playing through the whole TR series and can't wait to get to Legend so I can see why everyone hates it :-) Personally, all the water worlds in TR II and the REALLY CRAPPY music made me think the series was over. TR III is a huge improvement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal