collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30753 times)

Offline Leigh_Lu

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #555 on: March 01, 2013, 06:31:27 AM »
I have 4 that haven't been moved to my new place yet but I love them and miss them XD

In the mean time I've been grabbing every single one I see at thrift stores (since it's Dollmageddon for our dear LIV girls) regardless of whether or not I may be snagging doubles. That being said -- I have a hard time identifying them. Is anyone here familiar enough with the makeup to help me out if I post them?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 01, 2013, 11:17:22 PM »
Luvly, you are a nut:)  I'd love to spend one day inside your head just to see all the wheels turning and stuff.  How do you come up with all these crazy ideas???

I especially like the last two!  If she's gonna have an evil eye, she should have a super cool evil backstory :evil laugh:

:heart:
Aww thanks! That's the fun thing about free/creative writing, there's no limit of ideas you can come up with! If you were to spend a whole day in my head, it'd be one side with a whole bunch of gears, cogs and sprockets working a machine that generates ideas, and when I get a good idea going, it goes full throttle and won't stop! XD The other side would lead to a huuuge library where all my ideas and stuff would be archived. :P

Imagine like this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As for how I come up with all these crazy ideas, I have no clue.

Annnnnd just like that, I just came up with a new idea for a new Liv girl. XD

@Leigh
I'm not too Keen on which face belongs to which, unless they're ones that I have, but you should post your findings here anyway! I wanna see different kinds of faceups each have. :P If you ever find any doubles and I have the funds, I might want a one! (I haven't tried searching yet for any livs in thrift stores.)
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #557 on: March 02, 2013, 02:39:17 AM »
In the mean time I've been grabbing every single one I see at thrift stores (since it's Dollmageddon for our dear LIV girls) regardless of whether or not I may be snagging doubles. That being said -- I have a hard time identifying them. Is anyone here familiar enough with the makeup to help me out if I post them?
I don't know most girls by heart, but I'm good at identifying! Feel free to post 'em.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 05, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
Capri is incredibly cute. Your backstories are creative, Luvly.  :lol:

I honestly don't ever remember seeing a Liv doll in stores, but I saw one at an antique/collectibles mall this past weekend. She was in a case behind a bunch of KISS man figurines and she begged me to let her hop in my basket. I told her "maybe next time" and walked away, reasoning that I didn't need a doll from another line. But then she was stuck on my mind. Those eyes. That purple hair. I could do a lot worse for $8. I walked all the way back across the store and said, "Fiiiiine. Hop on in."

She's actually quite sweet.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #559 on: March 05, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »
I know that feeling. :)

Today my new babies arrived! I don't think they were ever identified.

The one in pink has a very undetailed face, so in my opinion she looks a little off with Livs. Despite this she's still very cute and I love her.

IMG_1734 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_1730 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_1736 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

And the twins! Nadia has officially claimed them since she was grumpy the other ones have all been claimed. They're not very realistic either, but they're so cute! I absolutely love them.

IMG_1747 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_1745 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_1742 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_1752 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #560 on: March 05, 2013, 06:38:05 PM »
wow. the size comparison looks great!
fun addition.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 06, 2013, 01:40:36 AM »
Awww thanks Shockpony! :hug: You're lucky you were able to find Liv in Color Hayden, she was one that got away that I was hoping to get before they were gone. >,<; Glad you're happy with her!

I just NEED to finally get to making the backdrops needed and start writing the plots for those Story threads and take pics for them and post them.

Taxel, those two last ones are SUPER Adorable!! Especially the brown haired one! How many babies are there total now, 7?? While I was browsing the Mattel shop to see what barbie (and other doll lines) stuff they got and I saw that they have two "I Can Be..." sets that come with a baby.
Spoiler

Something about their faces don't look right...The ones you have look so much cuter.

Not only that, looking through the site wasn't a good idea, because now I want to get these dolls, just to steal their clothes. >,>; Does that make me a bad person?? :P
Spoiler

Aaaand Fashion packs. These I've never seen.
Spoiler

My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #562 on: March 06, 2013, 01:49:20 AM »
Hm let's see.

I have:
Barbie baby Krissy
Fakie newborn
2 Cabbage Patch minis
Unknown twins
Unknown undetailed

You're right, its seven! Wow, I didn't even realize I had so many. Next time I go baby shopping I need some more skintone variation. I really want to get a hispanic Krissy and an AA newborn.

I've looked at the new Barbie babies in stores, and they are WEIRD. Something is so off and unsettling about them, I can't stand it. I want the I Can Be (I think?) babysitter or whatever that comes with the underwater-looking crib, for the clothes and accessories. The old babies are much better, and way worth the price compared to the new ones imo.

Not bad at all! I have some naked Barbies in a box because I stole their clothes. And at the flea market I got Barbies just to steal their clothes. xD

Those fashion packs are really nice, I especially love the first two!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 09, 2013, 01:26:54 AM »
Yeah, I saw the babysitter set in person the other day, eurgh, the face looks so weird. >,< The old one, like the one you have, looks WAYY more cuter than those ones. *shudders*

I was gonna decide to make that thread where I made my Light Box into my personal photo spam thread, but I changed my mind. I'll be posting them here more too, don't want to see this thread die out yet. >,<

Spoiler

My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #564 on: March 09, 2013, 01:49:12 AM »
Yeah, the old ones are so much better and not freaky. I wonder if anyone has done repaints of either type though? I've never seen it.

I was looking at those photos earlier. They look great! And I'm sooo jealous of your big light box. xD Can't afford it and don't have the room, urgh, but I would love one that big. No tin foil sides would be great too, lol.

I need to take more photos this month, tons more, before my Flickr pro expires. I'm gonna ask for a year's worth for my birthday but that isn't until May.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 10, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
If someone were able to do a good repaint on the newer faces, I'd think it wouldn't look right, with those big holes on the lips, that's what really creeps me out about the newer models. I know it's to "feed" them with the bottle, but still. >,<

The lightbox total I spent on making it was about aprox $3-4 for the box, cover and poster boards to use as backdrops, and the one I have is about the size of a "decent" size TV. I'm thinking of making a bigger one, If you'd like, I'll take pictures of what I buy and list what I bought and how much I paid to give you some kind of idea, and step by step instructions on how I made it, I added adheasive velcro to the back of it so it's foldable to store away. Getting 3 lamps and the kind of light bulb is another story. I spent like...$6-7ish?? on a set of 2 natural Lightbulbs and the lamps we had laying around the house, so I got lucky with those and one of them had a natural daylight bulb in it already. *Phew* Sorry for the long ramble. @,@;

I am not liking the new photobucket layout at all. If I get too fed up with it, I might find me another place to host images than there.

Tomorrow some friends are going to the summit to go snowboarding and celebrate one of their birthdays, sadly I'm not going. Mostly because I don't snowboard, and 2ndly I just don't have the money, so I asked one of my closest friends who is going, if he could take one of my girls with him and take pictures of her there. Had to beg and plead and guilt trip, so he said yes! So I grabbed Capri, dressed her up for the cold and carefully packed her for him to take, he also took my camera. (His originally, he gave to me when he got a new one)

Hopefully he'll take some good pictures of her when he reports back to me and return her home safely. :P

If he hurts or damages her in anyway, he will pay. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #566 on: March 10, 2013, 09:41:11 AM »
What a nice friend!  Hope the pics come out well!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #567 on: March 10, 2013, 02:13:15 PM »
Yeah, most definitely. The open mouth is just too weird. Unless you glue a bottle in permanently, and then its kinda pointless to me.

I'd appreciate that. :3 I know they're not too expensive in reality, but we've got absolutely $0 to spend on frivolous things like that, especially since we only have one lamp already. And of course when I do have a few bucks, I'd rather buy something for my dolls than have to find a place to put a big light box. I'm not allowed to keep anything of mine, no matter what it is (aside from food/drinks), outside of our room unless its in the garage (which is dirty and not easy to access given the temperatures). And since I didn't plan to still be here now the room isn't even close to functional. Its a crowded mess. XP

The new PB is absolutely AWFUL. I switched to Flickr for photos since they did free pro for everyone from like December to March. And I've got a toooon of private Tumblr blogs for all the rest of my stuff. I use Imgur sometimes but its a waste of time if you plan to use it for images you'll post regularly, since you can only access the most recent 225 you've uploaded. Although Flickr does have a similar limit, 200 I think? But I'm gonna pay for pro since it means I never have to resize photos for the forums or deal with that, just a quick copy and paste of the BBCode.

I can't wait to see Capri's snow pictures! I hope she likes the cold. xD

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 10, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »
Ugh Capri was all dressed up...with nowhere to go....My friend "forgot" her and left her behind at his place. >,>; Found out at the Birthday dinner we all went to after they came back from the summit when I asked if he took any pictures. Sadly he forgot both Capri and the camera.

Lately whenever I get money that I would've spent on crafting stuff for backdrops, I'd end up spending on food or something else random. >,>; So I can relate to the spending money on actual doll related stuff instead of frivolous stuff to make for them. :P (it would've been nice and helpful to me to get it, but I keep pushing it aside time after time.)

I realized that uploading and linking from the little box under the reply window here in the arena is a LOT Better than doing it directly on their website. It lags there, it somehow doesn't upload the original size, and for some idiotic reason, they rotate them 90 degrees for no good reason and only doesn't do that if you upload it from the arena window thing. >,>;
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #569 on: March 10, 2013, 09:17:18 PM »
Oh gosh that sucks. Dx

If we actually had space I'd be a lot more eager to save for dolly craft supplies. But there's no motivation when I know I can't put anything anywhere. XP

At least the Arena window is still working? I heard they're auto-resizing all photos now and you're not able to upload anything new over whatever the size is. PB is so horrible now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal