collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30779 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #300 on: August 12, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »
What makes it even worse for me was I got into Pullips, so I kept a lot of Bratz clothing my sister and I had. But I didn't even think to save Barbie accessories at least! And a LOT of what we had is crazy expensive now. >.<

Good luck! You should be able to get a good deal with some patience. :)

What kills me is yard sales. My grandma used to take me to tons of yard sales as a kid, and bought me so much cool stuff. Why couldn't I have been into ponies then! Dx
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 12, 2012, 07:07:10 PM »
What makes it even worse for me was I got into Pullips, so I kept a lot of Bratz clothing my sister and I had. But I didn't even think to save Barbie accessories at least! And a LOT of what we had is crazy expensive now. >.<

Good luck! You should be able to get a good deal with some patience. :)

What kills me is yard sales. My grandma used to take me to tons of yard sales as a kid, and bought me so much cool stuff. Why couldn't I have been into ponies then! Dx

I never was into Bratz - and of course, all the clothing that I want comes with a doll, and I know I'd never be able to sell the doll.

Same here! And of course, where I live, no one sells anything but baby books, baby dolls, and old, low quality stuffed animals at Yard Sales. In the last city we lived in, there was a TON of amazing stuff. But the only thing I remember ever buying? A kitten calender that I never ended up using  :drunk:
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2012, 07:22:13 PM »
I didn't know the new barbie baby stuff were still in shelves. I gotta see them and see what they look like compared to yours. lol I actually woke up this morning from a dream of me taking photos of Capri with a barbie baby. XD Followed by a dream of me getting my grades showing that I failed the course. >_<

Thanks Jiggles! :hug: No more phone camera for me! visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 I actually like the faceup for the sleepover Daniela, I actually wouldn't mind having a sleepover doll, but it's the kung fu karate chopping action. The idea of it is cool, but not when you're trying to take photos. I wish I could find one to experiment with and maybe even rebody to a fully articulated body.

I actually made a few more books to print out! I just went to amazon and took the front covers, back covers and table of contents of pregnancy books and edited them so they can be cut out and folded. I'll post them here a little later so everyone can print them out for their dolls. XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
I didn't know the new barbie baby stuff were still in shelves. I gotta see them and see what they look like compared to yours. lol I actually woke up this morning from a dream of me taking photos of Capri with a barbie baby. XD Followed by a dream of me getting my grades showing that I failed the course. >_<

Thanks Jiggles! :hug: No more phone camera for me! visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 I actually like the faceup for the sleepover Daniela, I actually wouldn't mind having a sleepover doll, but it's the kung fu karate chopping action. The idea of it is cool, but not when you're trying to take photos. I wish I could find one to experiment with and maybe even rebody to a fully articulated body.

I actually made a few more books to print out! I just went to amazon and took the front covers, back covers and table of contents of pregnancy books and edited them so they can be cut out and folded. I'll post them here a little later so everyone can print them out for their dolls. XD

I like her faceup to. I'm not a HUGE fan of the lipstick, but it's not really a problem. An I agree with you on the karate chop arm thing! The horrible thing is that it jacks here whole right arm up. No matter how you pose her, her arm springs forward.. O.o Example: I pose her arm so she's pointing directly in front of her... It then jumps into a position where she's pointing up at the sky. It really frustrates me when I take photos of her.  :huh: I want to give her a new body but I don't want another head lying around (I already have one in my drawer) and I don't like modifying dolls.

I kinda want to make little iPhones, Laptops, ect. for my dolls. All you have to do is make it tinier, print it out, and put a small piece of cardboard between the front and back pieces.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2012, 08:15:41 PM »
Jiggles, to deal with the springing forward arm push her arm back super far. It'll click a lot, but she'll be fine. When you pull her arm forward too much you'll have to do it again. I do that when I pose Nadia, and it helps a ton. :)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2012, 08:20:27 PM »
Jiggles, to deal with the springing forward arm push her arm back super far. It'll click a lot, but she'll be fine. When you pull her arm forward too much you'll have to do it again. I do that when I pose Nadia, and it helps a ton. :)

Yeah, it does help. :D But I honestly don't get why the "pillow fighting" arms were made in the first place :\

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #306 on: August 12, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »
As a gimmick to try and sell the dolls better. That's why we have seizure dancing (apparently? I don't have one yet) and the joints got scrapped.

Honestly, I love the karate chopping. Its stupid and annoying but once I get Daniela my boyfriend and I can have ninja Liv battles! xD

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 12, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »
As a gimmick to try and sell the dolls better. That's why we have seizure dancing (apparently? I don't have one yet) and the joints got scrapped.

Honestly, I love the karate chopping. Its stupid and annoying but once I get Daniela my boyfriend and I can have ninja Liv battles! xD

True, true. Actually, the dancing is kinda cool XD (My friend has a few and we were having "dance contests" with them) So I get how you like the karate chopping x3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #308 on: August 12, 2012, 08:55:45 PM »
I don't feel like waiting anymore. xD

Say hello to the new momma, Twin #1! (Nicknamed Kite, haha)

Thanks to her normal arms, it was MUCH easier to pose her with the baby, although I did try some poses with her that I haven't tried with Nadia. She was able to hold the baby in just her hands a lot better as well. The moment I got her with the baby (for test shots to see how easy it was to pose a normal Liv with the baby), she just totally blew me away. She's such a natural mother, and the little one may become officially her's. As a bonus, baby's dress and carrier match her outfit! Maybe its meant to be? Lol.
Spoiler

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 12, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first photo where she's holding her baby in the air! That's just too cute! 83

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 12, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
OMG!!! *Head explodes from sheer adorableness* They do look perfect together!! You even gave her SO Alexis's dress, leggings and shoes!! Love it!! What did you do end up doing with the necklace?

Here's the book covers I used, so all everyone else's dolls who have a bun(s) in the oven can have something to read!! (Sadly, all there is to read is just the table of contents. XD)

Hopefully everyone'll find some sort of use for them. :P

What I did after printing them:
-Don't cut them out exactly yet
-fold where the bottom of the book is
-then fold it again on the spine of the books
-Cut them out so the pages and covers go together aligned

Spoiler

*5 minutes later*
"Zzzz..." *Snore*

My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #311 on: August 12, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »
Thanks so much guys! :D
Molly got back her outfit after the photos were done, and I just left her necklace alone. Its too pretty to get rid of.

And thanks for those Luvly! They're awesome. And I love those photos of Capri, the randomly falling asleep while doing something is soooo accurate. xD

I can't wait to get the newborn tomorrow!

TuxAndTails

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2012, 12:36:56 AM »
Brought out my Moxie girls/boys yesterday! :biggrin: So now my Daniela has, like, three or four siblings and my Sophie has a little sister.

Spoiler

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2012, 12:41:59 AM »
Aw, I love those sibling photos! They're so sweet! :D

And the last one is hilarious. xD

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2012, 03:17:48 AM »

Gaah, this is part of the reason why i don't do much picture wise with my LIV Liljah. I love that she looks like an OC of mine, but it's hard to pose that arm. She's perpetually Karate chopping. That's what I get for wanting to make that OC, but they didn't have bright enough of red hair for my other one. DX

Liljah by aellosferrin, on Flickr

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal