collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30818 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2012, 05:28:22 PM »
BAAAWWWWW! I ruined the eyes. Teaches me not to try and use superglue to hold them in place. I managed to pull them out but the eyes look like they have cataracts now. Oh well I guess I better keep my eyes open for another Daniella.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:39:40 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »
I LOVE my hybrids!:)  I received one of the two packages I'm waiting on.  The second one has the rest of their bodies, so that one is kinda important ;)  The one I received today had clothing, so they are dressed (well the ones I CAN dress :lol:)

I wish I could find the LIV in color dolls, now that I like them.  I saw a few last week but I think they were still full price.  I'd like to get a good look at the lot.  After modding this dress, I'd like to try to mod more.  Plus, I love the colorful wigs:)  Think I'll go stalk Amazon now.......
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2012, 12:37:50 AM »
Hopefully, you'll find another Daniela again. >,<; :hug: At least the next time, you won't make the same mistake.

Can't wait to see the final products once you get the 2nd package, grzankitter!!

Eee after having her in her box so long, I decided to free SO Alexis from her box with her display window! While experimenting around with the "Scarves" she came with. I came to a complete stop and frekken lost it when I realized I came up with a perfect signature outfit!!

I ended up taking another 60 shots so after combing with a fine tooth comb, I'll post them here again. XP

Also, hopefully by the time I do post these shots, I'll finally have a name for my unamed girl lol. XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2012, 12:49:20 AM »
Yay more photos! :D I have a few good ones to post still, but keep forgetting. XP

And don't feel bad about one nameless girl. 7 out of my 18 are still unnamed, and that's only counting Livs. I have 4 others also unnamed (some owned for years), and at least 1 that needs a rename. >.<
Me + names = lolfail

My newborn fakie should be here within a few days, and the eBay estimate thing says my Barbie baby should get here tomorrow. It was shipped yesterday, so I really doubt that. I cannot wait for them to arrive. I have so many ideas!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2012, 11:03:44 AM »
Oo I can't wait to see your new shots. Also, I hope the little babies arrive home safely. Will Nadia be having the baby? XP

Here they are! New photos!

SO Alexis still in partial of her box.

Spoiler
I really wanted to steal her outfit, but her necklace is attached to her outfit and the necklace won't be able to come off without untying it, so no new outfit for her. XP

This was when I experimented with the scarves Alexis came with and OMG I think it looks great on her...
Spoiler
I swear those leggings go well with almost any if her outfits. lol

Her beautiful eyes, when they're NOT being covered with those glasses.
Until I added the vest, this was when I realized this was the perfect outfit for her!! :squee:
Spoiler
I also used one of the elastic bands Alexis came with to keep that necklace from flopping about, so the vest covers it up well too. XDvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

But what's got me a little irritated was that my nail caught on the bottom of the dress and me being an idiot accidently pulled and it started to fray. >,>; You'll notice it by the 3rd set. So now I'll probably have to go to the Joann's, get fabric and try to recreate this dress or something.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
Yep, it'll be Nadia. :3 Some of the others girls will probably pose with the babies, but their skin is too light for Mary and Molly.

Those awkward box legs, omg. What is up with the people who design how the dolls will be packaged? xD

Oh wow, that outfit looks so awesome! The vest adds the perfect touch.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2012, 01:37:05 PM »
You're right.  That IS a perfect signature outfit.  It's wonderful.  I especially love the belt:)

Couldn't you fold under the bottom of the dress and put a few stitches in it?  Or is there something I'm missing? :huh:  I'm no seamstress by any means :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »
It's perfect - I seriously can't even notice the fraying on the dress, even when you point it out.

So yesterday I was at my friends house, dressing her Liv Dolls, and I noticed Outdoor Alexis.

One word: NEEEEEEEEEEEED. Oh my gosh, her makeup is so pretty and natural! In the promo photos (or whatever they're called) it's all saturated, but in RL it's gorgeous. I need her so much D:
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2012, 04:17:19 PM »
I didn't realize how much I liked these girls until I bought a few and customized them the way I wanted.  I didn't like the bodies their heads came on, so I put them on some MHs.  The bodies aren't the selling point for me.  For me it's the eyes:)  They are my first dolls with inset eyes, and wow!  Now I'd like a few more, I think.  I have the Brites line, now I'd like the LIV in Color line.  I enjoy color, alot.  The basic boring colors you see everyday (blonde, brunette and whatnot) don't do a thing for me.  I just wish I realized this BEFORE they discontinued the line:(  Of course, the reason I finally caved was because they were practically giving 'em away.  Crossing my fingers I find something this weekend :biggrin:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
 :grouphug: Thanks for the compliments everyone. All I ended up doing was folding the bottom up to the inside. I would've folded the bottom up inside and do a stitch around, but my machine is too big for it to stretch around and it's too small to be maneuvered around. That and I kinda don't like to alter stock items. @,@ As long as I don't snagg onto it anymore, I should be fine.

Jiggles, if you ever do find one for yourself, you should take pics and share!!

grzankitter, I hope you do find the Liv for Color dolls. If you have a Kroger branch store that has toys, you can try and look around there, they're on clearance right now from what I saw. (Liv For Color and Spa Makeover)

Shoot I'm so sad right now, I just ruined my Original Sophie. >,<
She's the one on the right. I wanted to drill a hole as deep as the other Sophie on the left so the wigs would fit better. Without it the wigs made her look like she had a big forhead and the wig wouldn't stay put and swirl around. When I drilled, I grabbed the right size drill bit and I did do it right, but then the whole thing caved in when the whole drill bit went into her head. As it turns out, the original heads are hollower than the others. @,@; She was my first Liv Doll to open and now my first Liv Doll to ruin. TT,TT; It shouldn't be a big deal, but still, Ugh she kinda had sentimental value. Gotta be more careful with my Liv Dolls. >,<;
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:49:46 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2012, 11:21:46 PM »
grzankitter - A love of inset eyes is dangerous. xD Most of my dolly wishlist wouldn't exist if they didn't have inset eyes. Its a slipperly slope, but an awesome one.

Oh no Luvly, I'm so sorry! That's just terrible. Can you salvage her?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »
I ended up popping out her eyes, as for her body, OMG it's such a perfect body, when you move any of the limbs, they don't do that random click movement, super smooth movement, so I gave her body to my custom one. XD Some miscoloring but I'll probably get used to it...Hopefully...

It's sad that Sophie had to perish. TT,TT BUT At least that'll be a good reason to get me the Spa Makeover Sophie to replace her. But I kinda feel bad like I can imagine her saying: "You're replacing me...? TToTT"
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »
That's too bad. ): At least you could use her body and eyes. :)

Speaking of, is anyone interested in trading Livs? My original Katie just isn't working for me at all. She will not come with any clothing, accessories, or eyes. She might come with a wig if I'm interested in one you're offering in exchange, and of course if you like one I have available. If you're offering a bad bodied girl it would only be her head. Nothing is wrong with her as far as I can recall, but I'll look closer if anyone wants her obviously. I just can't work with her eye makeup.

I'm looking for a more "natural" looking girl. Spa Sophie would be perfect. The new girl will be taking Katie's place as original Sophie's twin sister. :3
(Although if it is Spa Sophie, I'd love to work something out for her wig to replace Wonderland Sophie's.)

She's the brown haired girl below.

I also wouldn't be able to trade for like a week at least, and only within the US, but I should be able to spare the $3 soon from my own sales. Thankfully we've bounced back up to a better place financially and my boyfriend will mostly likely get a fairly decent job today.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 08, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »
Went shopping after work today.  I hit up another one of my TRUs and they had a few Breakfast Time packs so I now I have two:)  I know you said you couldn't buy anything for awhile, Taxel, but I think I'll just hold onto yours for you.  The dollar I invested in it isn't going to break me :lol:  Same goes for the Purple Skating set. 

That means I have a Breakfast Time set for you too, Luvly:)  Plus the Bowling Set you were interested in.  Couldn't find any fashions:(

No pressure to buy ladies ;)  Just wanted to help out where I can.  If either of you decide you NEVER want them, I can always return them, no harm done.

BTW that Purple Skating set is on Amazon for $20!!!!!!!  The 2 TRUs I've been to in the past week each has at least 10 of them.  For 98 cents a piece.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #269 on: August 08, 2012, 06:50:23 PM »
Aw thank you! Maybe I'll be able to buy them soon, since things are looking up. <3

The online prices for some Liv things is insane. Either insanely low, or insanely high. On TRU the skating set was 98 cents, plus $5 shipping. I was like nope!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal