collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30747 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #435 on: October 27, 2012, 12:18:54 PM »
Her face definitely looks like original Sophie (same with her clothes and wig) but her eyes have been switched to later release Sophie eyes. Her shoes and earrings seem to be alternate original Sophie ones (mine has silver earrings and white shoes with more detail, and I'm seeing both on Flickr being called original Sophie's outfit).

Since she was slightly customized, which body does she have? Here and here are comparisons, the left is the original release body and the right is a newer body.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 27, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »
It looks like the newer body, as she has panties embossed on.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:33:07 PM by bluechaos »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 27, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »
That's the first release Sophie in most of her stock outfit, but there's something really different with this one. The eyes are the later ones with the shattered glass look her shoes and earrings are a different color too. Mine also has silver earrings and white shoes with more detail.

If her eyes were the original ones, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra but if she's nude with her wigs and a few accessories I would guess about 7ish? My ballpark guess.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline BlueChaos

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 27, 2012, 12:32:37 PM »
Well, if it's her original stock, how much would she be with her clothes? The shirt and tights are very clean and white, no stains, and smells nice.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 27, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »
I assume about $10, maybe a little more. I've never bought one online off ebay, so I don't know the average price range exactly. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #440 on: October 27, 2012, 01:21:08 PM »
I paid around $20 for original Sophie (with correct eyes) and Katie with more stock pieces basically brand new. That was a great deal, so I agree with Luvly's $10 estimate. I'd be willing to pay that if I was after her. Especially since she has the newer body, which I personally just like more (although the pelvis is the only difference). But I also don't know how they sell on eBay or anything like that.

Offline BlueChaos

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 27, 2012, 04:45:24 PM »
Here she is with everything I think is hers. If anyone is interested in her, shoot me a PM. No one in my family has these dolls, and it would be a real shame to have her sit in my garage as next years yard sale fodder. Also interested in a trade. I do like MH dolls.
Forgive the background mess, I'm in the middle of rearranging a bedroom. Break time for me!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 05:34:27 PM by bluechaos »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 31, 2012, 02:38:48 PM »
You have me tempted. I kinda want her, but I don't know if I should spend more money. Sadly, she'd make a perfect inclusion to my OC trio I'm making from LIVs.

Speaking of which. I had Liljah first and now I have Aellos! :D

LIV by aellosferrin, on Flickr

(Her hair is a bit redder in real life, and the character has much redder hair, but it works P:).
She's an outdoors Katie.

Post Merge: October 31, 2012, 08:15:16 PM

Aelly Liv by aellosferrin, on Flickr

A better picture showing off her hair color a bit better. :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:15:17 PM by aellos »

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 02, 2012, 09:29:16 PM »
-casually creeps into thread-

I saw some Livs at my local Ross store (I do believe they were the newer kind that isn't as well articulated, though) and... I could not get myself to buy them. I kinda like them but at the same time I don't. I like the Bratzillaz more, and that's coming from someone who hates Bratz. I guess I just don't like the way their faces are proportioned- they look really good in shots when they're not looking into the camera, lol, at least that's what I've noticed.

I do have the odd urge to try and find an African American one in an attempt to bring one of my original characters to life as a doll... This is a bad idea but I want to do it so bad now! So I suppose I'll go check eBay and Amazon and see if I can find any! Curse this thread for finally making me kinda want one! XD
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #444 on: November 02, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »
Oooh, I love your girl Aellos! And I'm so jealous of her wig. Is it the ponytail Liv wig or another type?

Hello there Purple! That's a pretty awesome icon you've got there. :3 If you're iffy about them, definitely don't even bother wasting your money on one with low articulation. Except for maybe a Sleepover Party girl, they have BBE eyes and "pillow throwing" (which I just call a karate chop). The closing eyes and eyelashes help with a lot of the face/eye issues for me. I know Alexis was released in SP but I don't know if she was light or dark skinned (she came in multiple skin tones depending on the set, and the Making Waves version has been seen in multiple shades too).

But if you're interested in a Liv, now's the time to buy! They're incredibly cheap in a lot of places since stores want to get rid of them. And if you end up not liking her, we'll be here! If you end up with a dark skinned Alexis and don't want her, I promise I'll buy her from you if I have the funds. xD I need one for an eye swap.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 03, 2012, 06:13:47 AM »
I actually can't remember! I got it a while back for one of my CAM monsters but it kept changing girls. I mostly got it because it was red. Then I came across this Katie and it was just perfect! :D

EDIT: Looked it up, it is the ponytail one. :D It's got more red than brown, and the bangs are almost shaped like it. I've reshaped the wig a little, so it's hard to tell.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:54:49 AM by aellos »

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 03, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
Aw thanks Taxel! I have to say it is one of my most random icons XD that bbe eyes feature actually sounds like a really neat idea, I'll look up the SP Alexis and see if her skin tone is close enough to what I'm thinking. I suppose I could deal with some karate chopping XD kinda fits the character anyways.

If I do find one I like and cave in and buy her, I'll be sure to post her for sale here if I find I just can't bond with her. Hasn't happened to me really with a doll yet though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #447 on: November 03, 2012, 11:48:36 PM »
Aellos - Would you say it looks like a naturalish red, or does it look more like an "obvious dye job" type color, or does it look pretty brown? I've never seen it in person and I'm really curious about it. It either looks kinda natural red or super brown in all the photos I've seen, which doesn't really help.

Literally the one thing Spinmaster didn't do was pay any attention to redheads. >.< There are like 3 red wigs total, and none look very natural in photos (or in real life, for the ones I've seen). One is bright cherry red, one is red with toooons of black/dark brown streaks, and then there's the ponytail one with brown streaks. XP
/pissed off ginger rant

Purple - Honestly the karate chopping makes her more fun, but maybe that's just me. Though really I want to get two so my boyfriend and I can play ninja fighting with them. xD

Hopefully it doesn't happen! We need more Liv owners, haha.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 04, 2012, 08:22:05 AM »
Aellos - Would you say it looks like a naturalish red, or does it look more like an "obvious dye job" type color, or does it look pretty brown? I've never seen it in person and I'm really curious about it. It either looks kinda natural red or super brown in all the photos I've seen, which doesn't really help.

Literally the one thing Spinmaster didn't do was pay any attention to redheads. >.< There are like 3 red wigs total, and none look very natural in photos (or in real life, for the ones I've seen). One is bright cherry red, one is red with toooons of black/dark brown streaks, and then there's the ponytail one with brown streaks. XP
/pissed off ginger rant

HRRm.
Well, it's definately more of an auburn with the brownish streaks in it.
And as you can tell by my photos, the light can easily just make it look like a light brown instead.
It's MUCH redder in real life, but it's definately more auburn than a ginger red.
If that makes sense?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 04, 2012, 11:16:35 AM »
Wow that wig is gorgeous on her!!! XD I wish I had a red wig now. :P The only one I have is that stupidly bright neon red from the Liv for Color one from Daniela and I do not like it much.

Ahh now I'm wanting a ginger Liv doll to make an older sister for my Moxie Girlz Kellan!! XD

Purple you should get a Liv doll if you find one in-store, especially if it's one of the good articulated ones! I felt the same about Liv Dolls when I saw them too. XD Their faces looked to creepy to like or even want, but after looking at them over and over while searching for MH Dolls, I've grown to their faces and actually find them cute now and I love them!! :P
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal