collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro buys rights to Sunbow library, including MLP  (Read 2812 times)

Offline RavenFeather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro buys rights to Sunbow library, including MLP
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »
That would be great if they did this. Just because "Friendship is Magic" is so popular, doesn't mean that other MLP shows need to be neglected and forgotten. :(

I only fear what may the reaction be... :(

I have been hosting some G1 Marathons with the MN Brony Facebook group, the response has been pretty positive.  Most have just dismissed G1 in the past because a lot of them remember just G3 and Tales.  And as much as I love Tales, it isn't quite as adventurous as Friends or Friendship is Magic.  A lot of them were surprised at how good Friends was, and how much has actually translated over to the new series.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
Just hearing the word "Sunbow" takes me back to the 80's! I hope something awesome comes of this.  ^.^

Moonracer

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 09:45:51 AM »
That would be great if they did this. Just because "Friendship is Magic" is so popular, doesn't mean that other MLP shows need to be neglected and forgotten. :(

I only fear what may the reaction be... :(

I have been hosting some G1 Marathons with the MN Brony Facebook group, the response has been pretty positive.  Most have just dismissed G1 in the past because a lot of them remember just G3 and Tales.  And as much as I love Tales, it isn't quite as adventurous as Friends or Friendship is Magic.  A lot of them were surprised at how good Friends was, and how much has actually translated over to the new series.

Reading this made me feel quite happy. :) I'm sorry if my former posted sounded like I'm being biased or something like that. I know that not every Brony out there despises G1, and that there are a lot of people who like the older shows as well as the previous toylines. It's just that I didn't had that much of a good experience when it comes to Bronies' attitudes towards G1 (this is partially the reason why I decided to detach myself for the most part from the Polish MLP forum), and because of this I'd like to remain cautious.

I'm glad that it's beginning to change though. :)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 02:23:25 PM »
Yeah, one of my brony friends says he sees a lot of interest in the original series and remembers watching it a little himself, so I think a new (better) DVD release would go over pretty well.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 04:17:54 PM »
C'mon Hasbro, we need complete verstions of Firefly's Adventure and Escape from Catrina!  The edited versions were the main reason I didn't get that box set.

Elf

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 07:21:12 PM »
I have Firefly's Adventure up on Youtube and I frequently get comments from bronies along the lines of "whoa, this is way better than I expected it to be" or "OMG, Tirek needs to be in FIM".   I like all the MLP & Friends episodes, but Rescue at Midnight Castle in particular was something so special and SO well done for its time . . . It really does deserve its own DVD release.  (And Katrina too!)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
I hope there are better ways to get the G1 without paying an arm and a leg or on youtube. (Not criticizing for putting on youtube just saying "no internet= no youtube") iTunes even. My pre-schooler keeps asking "Mommy I wanna watch the 'old-ponies' *now*!" And youtube won't load up because our internet is all wonky. :P Hope Hasbro does something good and useful with this!

(edited for typo)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Betelgeuse

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 02:58:28 AM »
You have no clue how loudly I just squealed with joy.
I demand they do something RaMC related.

Now I'm too excited to sleep,,

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal