collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What if Hasbro remade a super rare pony?  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What if Hasbro remade a super rare pony?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 06:36:32 AM »
It would be kind of nice to get some more G1 remakes.  As a customizer I could have the old style available without actually breaking down a vintage item.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 07:30:36 AM »
A G4 re-made version of Mimic or Rapunzel would be my dream come true. Which has had me thinking lately, why Hasbro lost the rights to the older ponies (as they claim).. it's driving me crazy. Who in the world holds the rights then?

/rant

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 07:46:45 AM »
I'd love to see some remakes, though I don't know that I'd  want them in the G4 molds...

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 08:02:51 AM »
I really wouldn't care. :silly:

I've already got a G4 Bubblebutt (sorry guys, but 'Ditzy' is not working for me XD).. rereleases of 80s ponies simply wouldn't be the same, and I don't even like the more favoured HTF ponies (Munchy, Mimic etc). No thank you.
BUBBLEBUTT  :lmao:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 08:31:45 AM »
I'm more interested in them widely releasing previously "rare" or intl G4's like Rainbow Flash and Daisy Dreams. DD is now getting a regular release with Rainbow Dash later this year, and I'd love to see that happen with star swirl etc

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 12:09:37 PM »
If they remade rare ponies in new molds, or altered them in some way so they were different from the originals, I have no problem with that.  I might have a problem with them flooding the market with exact copies of some of the super rares.  If they created a bunch remakes that brought down the prices on the originals significantly, I might not like that too much.  The people who already bought the originals at crazy prices would probably not enjoy having their collection devalued.

However, I'd be happy to see G1s remade into G4s, remade in new poses, or re-released in a way that doesn't affect the value of the originals.  It would be nice to give collectors who can't afford the originals a chance to have them in their collection in some form.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 12:32:28 PM »
I wouldn't mind a remade Mimic... she is one of my honest favorites, not because she is rare or valuable. Besides, that would let me carry her around in my purse and play with her without having to worry about ruining such an expensive pony. ^.^

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
i wouldn't care anymore, but that is just because I already lived though the scare of the collectors pose remakes.
I have put a lot of time effort and money into my collection, and when I heard they were to release copies of the originals I was worried that it would make the fun part of collecting-the chase- a null point.

I was relieved that there were still notable differences in the orignals and the re-releases. Same mold sure, but a collector can see the differences in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing even rare ponies such as Mimic and Rapunzel done up this way, but if there were EXACT copies out there where the plastic and everything matched up, I would be pretty upset.

Ideally if they were to do this I would go with brighter colours like on the re-releases before, and maybee even alternate poses instead.
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
I would only like it if it were done in the current mold - not that I'm crazy for G4s, but I wasn't particularly wild about the G1 remakes of the collector's ponies and the rainbow ponies.  Sure, it was fun to see them on the shelves with the 80s artwork and stuff, but they just weren't the same.  And I kind of like seeing G1-to-G3 and G1-to-G4 ponies.

^This for me too...I love G1 but Hasbro's last attempt to recreate it was poor so I would rather have something new with a nod to the older gens rather than them try to recreate and fail [again!]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

BeverlysLittlePony2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 04:35:46 PM »
I have been saying this for a long time! I would love it if they re-released some G1 ponies. I was too young to collect them when they were new. I would still collect G1 originals but I would love to have a re-release of Mimic and Rapunzel because I will never have the originals and I think they are gorgeous.

Great post, thanks for starting it!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »
Even if I had paid a lot to get the first release of a rare pony I don't think I'd be upset if she were re-released because whatever I had paid was worth it to me at the time and you never know about these things like re-releases. I'd probably just be happy that more people would have a chance.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:56:28 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 04:59:27 PM »
I'm pretty neutral about this.

On the plus side, it would make a lot more ponies readily available for the public and collectors who simply cannot fork out the prices for the original releases.

On the con side, there's a special feeling to finally obtaining a grail pony and it might take that feeling away a bit if it gets re-released. However, as some have pointed out, the original is still the original and that does count for something.

It could also fluctuate the price of originals significantly, though I'm an economics dunce, so I couldn't tell you whether they'd soar or plummet. I feel like "soar" is the right answer here. Hm.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 05:04:09 PM »
I would love it! But I was kinda disappointed with the quality of the remake of the original 6 G1s and the G1 Rainbow ponies so they would have to make them better quality. I'd be all for it then! I'd love to have a Rapunzel ^.^
My Wish List

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 07:16:29 AM »
BUBBLEBUTT  :lmao:

I take no credit, saw it elsewhere on the arena XD but it sounds much better than 'Ditzy'!!
Fight like a girl..

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 07:33:18 AM »
Did hasbro lose the rights to the G1 molds?  How about G3 molds?  I'm not sure how I would feel about it.  air Like, I got Mimic at the fair last year for around $60 and some people paid higher like on ebay or something.  So, if they rereleased Mimic, a pony where most people paid $100 or more for her it would make those people angry to see her rereleased for around the same price ponies are sold at now.  I think it would be neat for hasbro to remake them in G4 molds.  Not just Mimic but other ponies like Firefly, Majesty and lots more G1's.  I know hasbro lots the rights to some G1 names as well though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal