collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I probably sound like a nutter but hey..!  (Read 1449 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: I probably sound like a nutter but hey..!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 05:33:53 AM »
You know, I noticed my wedding FS Luna's hair had a slightly different texture than my Canterlot FS Luna. I bet they used different hair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »
Hey..leave me and me accent alone...I cant help being a Dub..!! hahaha

Ah Im only joking..ye are both gas :P

Sure partypony, Ill swap ya, you can come over here and hear Irish accents all day and Ill go over there to 'sunny UK' hehe!!

So Im glad Im not the only one has noticed problems with the hair.. I think Ive somewhat salvaged the seapony in that I combed her hair over to the opposite side, so on display it cant be seen..Im still while upset over it but hey..what can ya do?

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 12:05:18 PM »
On another note, I've not seen a case of regrind in sea ponies, nor read about one...

I have a baby Celebrate with what I think is regrind. It could be something else, but I have no idea what it would be.

You can kind of see it in this picture. It's the pinkish spot on the lower belly.

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 01:36:37 PM »
That doesnt *look* like regrind,but then I dont know what it could be..highlighter?

I havent seen a pony that colour with regrind :lol:

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 03:51:14 PM »
My first thought was higlighter too.... x

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »
Ah, good point. I honestly did not think of that for some reason.

And highlighter mark is just the catch-all term for one painted toy rubbing up against another, to the point where it leaves a stain, right?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »
Hey..leave me and me accent alone...I cant help being a Dub..!! hahaha

Ah Im only joking..ye are both gas :P

Sure partypony, Ill swap ya, you can come over here and hear Irish accents all day and Ill go over there to 'sunny UK' hehe!!

So Im glad Im not the only one has noticed problems with the hair.. I think Ive somewhat salvaged the seapony in that I combed her hair over to the opposite side, so on display it cant be seen..Im still while upset over it but hey..what can ya do?

Hehe sunny uk is a bit misleading, it's rained where I am in the south east England for like a month straight argh!

And I love an Irish accent, my friend Pauline is Irish and I can listen to her speak all day :lovey:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 10:10:40 AM »
Well, in my experience "Hasbro hair" is usually very consistent in the US by color.  As in, "Peachy pink" hair is the same quality whether it's from Year 1 or Year 9.  But some colors definitely frizz or have other problems more than others.  (Sugarberry's hair tends to frizz, for example.)

That's not a hard and fast rule, though--there are exceptions.  Playset Majesty and Sprinkles have AWFUL hair, stringy and uneven.  (By contrast, Peachy, Lemon Drop, TAF Fifi, and a lot of others have perfectly nice hair--go figure.)  A lot of later UK/Euro ponies, like the School Time set, have choppy hair as well, and it seems rather limp and body-less compared to earlier hair.  A different hair supplier, perhaps? 

Color-changing hair (Sunshine ponies and Baby Color Changing Sea ponies) is completely different from regular hair, of course.

The Kelloggs baby pony's hair--and Chuck E. Cheese baby, IIRC--have different hair than other ponies, not as shiny and thinner strands.

In my experience sea ponies DO have the same type of hair as other ponies (except the color-changing babies), but because of their watery experiences it has often suffered greatly over the years.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
Ach sure its the same as here PP..someone mentioned the summer yesterday and all I could say was 'whats summer??!'

Well theres so many Irish accents, when I lived in Donegal the accent there was gorgeous but I was living in an Irish speaking area and for some reason that changes the accent totally! My cousins are from Cork and their accent is so deep I cant understand them believe it or not! Im a Dub born n bred but Im told I havent a strong Dublin accent..thank Christ..! hehe
A lot of my friends are from Scotland and I love that accent, even though its another one is hard to understand!

How off topic can I go..haha..from hair to this ;)

Thanks for such a thought out reply LM :lovey: Ive gotten some great opinions in this thread ;)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 11:08:38 AM »
For the record, I was fortunate enough to visit Ireland and a part of London a few years ago and I love UK accents so much. The American accent doesn't have a whole lot of rhythm to it, so UK accents are very fascinating to us.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 02:06:42 PM »
Ach sure its the same as here PP..someone mentioned the summer yesterday and all I could say was 'whats summer??!'

Well theres so many Irish accents, when I lived in Donegal the accent there was gorgeous but I was living in an Irish speaking area and for some reason that changes the accent totally! My cousins are from Cork and their accent is so deep I cant understand them believe it or not! Im a Dub born n bred but Im told I havent a strong Dublin accent..thank Christ..! hehe
A lot of my friends are from Scotland and I love that accent, even though its another one is hard to understand!

Thanks for such a thought out reply LM :lovey: Ive gotten some great opinions in this thread ;)

Och aye...we are tough to understand :P the further north of Perth you go the harder it becomes...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
Haha! Are you a northerner HC? I know a rake of people in Glasgow and Im in two minds whether to go there before I travel down to ponycon! Visit all the 'bhoys' and the 'ghirls' ..hehe !!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 02:58:50 PM »

Ah yeah she's a northerner not from southern Ireland, I worked for someone who was from limerick once and I couldn't understand him lol :lol:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 03:07:39 PM »
Ah well the northern accent is a whole other accent again!

My mam was from Belfast and all her family are still up there so Im up and down from there quite a bit..Oh actually I used to love being up there because my mam would bring me to Argos to get ponies..this was long before Argos was in the republic ;)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 03:53:41 PM »
Haha! Are you a northerner HC? I know a rake of people in Glasgow and Im in two minds whether to go there before I travel down to ponycon! Visit all the 'bhoys' and the 'ghirls' ..hehe !!

Lol! No - actually south of Glasgow - closer to Belfast than to Aberdeen :P ! I am a Scottish "lowlander" but very Scottish in accent!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal