collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you feel about armies or twins?  (Read 4313 times)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How do you feel about armies or twins?
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
Nope nope. I like seeing other's armies, but for myself I'd rather not.
I can't even have doubles of other dolls either. The closest thing to an 'army' collection I have is of Ariel.

Now I wouldn't mind collecting armies of pony themed things though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »
It's not selfish at all, I mean if I want 5 Greek mintys and I have the money to buy them then what's the issue.... It means I had the money to buy, same if I buy a peachy or a posey or a Buttons. I'm not selfish because I bought a pony 6 or 7 times over, it's just collecting.

And if a pony is super rare then no one will have an army because it'll be impossible to find them. I have two MIP G1 Mintys amongst my 30+ strong army, that's because both were swap gifts. And I'm not parting with them ;)

I can understand your point, but personally, I feel that since there would have been other people bidding (and this instance only applies to ebay and ebay only) then I feel it is unfair to own armies of rare ponies. For instance (I'm sorry if anyone does have armies of these, this is just an example !  XD) Mountain Boys. xxx

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2012, 01:45:30 PM »
I have a decent sized winger army, but that doesn't mean I go out any buy every winger in sight.  I bid on them just like everyone does.  I also buy from Arena members, usually from older posted sales threads.  It just so happens that I have the money to be able to buy rare ponies when they come up for sale.  But I certainly don't go out of my way to deliberately buy ALL the wingers I see for sale.  There are tons of them listed at any given point in time, and I've passed on so many the last few months. 
There were 2 Argie wingers listed on auction on eBay a little while ago.  I bid seriously on both of them and lost.  Even I get outbid sometimes!! 
And Zenna, your Little Flitter army is one of my most favorite armies ever!  They just look so very happy being with you:)  They clearly know how loved they are!!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »
And Zenna, your Little Flitter army is one of my most favorite armies ever!  They just look so very happy being with you:)  They clearly know how loved they are!!!

:lovey:  Awww, thank you!  I love seeing your wingers too, it's a fantastic collection!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2012, 11:16:26 PM »
I have a decent sized winger army, but that doesn't mean I go out any buy every winger in sight.  I bid on them just like everyone does.  I also buy from Arena members, usually from older posted sales threads.  It just so happens that I have the money to be able to buy rare ponies when they come up for sale.  But I certainly don't go out of my way to deliberately buy ALL the wingers I see for sale.  There are tons of them listed at any given point in time, and I've passed on so many the last few months. 
There were 2 Argie wingers listed on auction on eBay a little while ago.  I bid seriously on both of them and lost.  Even I get outbid sometimes!! 

This. :)

I highly doubt people intentionally buy every single one of that pony that's for sale. I know I don't. If there's a baity Bowtie  or a really cheap ine and I'm buying from that person already I'll take it. :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2012, 11:18:50 PM »
I collect beddy bye eyes. I love them, no matter how baity they are. ^^ I'm lucky not many people seem to like them. I think if it were any other different type of pony and I had two that I'd probably sell or trade one. Sometimes I sell ponies I don't like.

As for armies...I kind of like seeing other people's armies. ^^ The winger armies and other people's armies are really amazing!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:36:45 PM by terabithianprince »

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2012, 11:45:59 PM »
I love my army's

but I also don't mind having just one of every pony either (though I only collect my childhood ponies, and one of every orange pony out there)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2012, 11:52:26 PM »

This right here. When it comes to Ebay or even the Arena it's fair game for everyone to buy a pony or bid. Especially when bidding there will always be someone that is going to bid the top amount, and if we have the money then why shouldn't we buy? I'm starting my own little winger/flutter army currently, and I don't feel a bit bad about it. I've been buying flutters with regrind or issues and hair that has to be replaced. I got a box in today with wingers that were all damaged in some way or another, and I'm sitting here now rehairing one of them.  I feel like I put effort into my babies, and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same about their armies. Especially those that do not collect only mint ponies. I like my little growing army and giving them a home and knowing that some of them are avoiding being "bait" by simply living here with me to be my pony.

There are plenty of times I have the cash for ponies and sometimes I don't.  Just because a person collects an army doesn't mean they buy up every single one and no person ever will get one. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2012, 11:58:35 PM »

This right here. When it comes to Ebay or even the Arena it's fair game for everyone to buy a pony or bid. Especially when bidding there will always be someone that is going to bid the top amount, and if we have the money then why shouldn't we buy? I'm starting my own little winger/flutter army currently, and I don't feel a bit bad about it. I've been buying flutters with regrind or issues and hair that has to be replaced. I got a box in today with wingers that were all damaged in some way or another, and I'm sitting here now rehairing one of them.  I feel like I put effort into my babies, and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same about their armies. Especially those that do not collect only mint ponies. I like my little growing army and giving them a home and knowing that some of them are avoiding being "bait" by simply living here with me to be my pony.

There are plenty of times I have the cash for ponies and sometimes I don't.  Just because a person collects an army doesn't mean they buy up every single one and no person ever will get one. :lol:

I agree with all of this.... If I see a second or third pony on a bidding site like ebay, I don't plan on saying to myself - I shouldn't bid on this pony because I already have two, someone else might want it! I will say to myself, I am going to bid on this pony for my army (I don't have one by the way) and if someone else wants it they can bid against me!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2012, 01:33:50 AM »
even though I do find them cool-looking (I always drool over michelle53's wingers, and Novavelle's Quackers made me fall in love just now ^^ ) I myself am not interested in setting up an army, and usually I don't like doubles either. I am happy with the same pony in a different pose or version, but I'm not interested in getting two completely similar ones*, so usually once this happens I try to choose the one I like better and sell (or trade! there are always ones I don't have yet!) the other one. sometimes it's hard, and if I'm not sure which I like better (e.g. they both have some little flaws but different ones) I may wait for a third, and for some reason it usually makes it easier to choose just one.

*okay, here I must add that it's only for ponies. I also collect Furbies and there (even though I do try to avoid having duplicates) I do have similar coloured ones. however it's a bit more difficult there, as they can have different coloured eyes and different names, so it's not that easy to find 2 that have the same colour of fur, eyes and name. I don't remember coming across such a combination ever.

however, I do know two situations where I'd get doubles: one is if one of them is used to play with. if I'll have children who will be interested in them I'm sure I'll keep  and get doubles of some of my ponies whom I just wouldn't want to used to play with. the other is if one of the doubles is a childhood pony of mine, and that also is the one that's in worse shape. there's no way I could sell my childhood ponies, but some of them do have some flaws, and I might want to have a better version of them alongside.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:36:45 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2012, 02:26:29 AM »
I don't have any armies of the exact same pony, it's not for me, but that's just personal preference. I love seeing other peoples' armies, especially the Blue Belle army, Michelle's wingers and the Baby Squirmy army :D I do have one duplicate in my collection and that's Skydancer. She's my favourite pony so when I got a mint condition upgrade I couldn't part with the one I already had, so I have two of her. I also have several Nirvana variations of her and I refer to them as my Skydancer army but other than the twins, each is different :)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2012, 06:03:52 AM »
Ok I'll put it another way: if there is a Minty on eBay and no one bids, then it's fair game if I win it never mind if I have 1 or 100 ;) no one else wanted it, no problem.

Anyway even if a thousand people bid on it, it's who is willing to pay for it. It's hardly unfair if people moan about my nirvana minty army ( havent got one but i mean for example)  but are not actually willing to buy them anyway! :lol:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2012, 07:05:24 AM »
I've got a Twilight Sparkle army, but almost all of them are different - the one with bangs, the one without bangs, the raised hoof/crown version, the blind bag, the sparkly blind bag, the cake topper, the FS version, McDs, tinsel mane...
Although I have an extra one with bangs because I have to have a pony on my desk at work. :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:27:37 AM by Evening_Moonstone »

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2012, 07:26:15 AM »
The only "army" I have is G4 Rarity. I am trying to collect every toy of her, and until the translucent Rarity is released, my collection is complete! All blind bag variants, all Playful Ponies, Glimmer Wings, FS, McDonald's... I'm very happy with it. I'm a bit of completionist, so I even want Rarity's that are slightly different, which includes raised-leg and tinsel mane versions. I also collect "Rarity pose" blind bags just because, although that collection is far from complete. Not sure if you could call my Rarity's a proper army since they're all different in some small way, but it's the closest I have.

Other than that, I'm not big on having doubles, although if I had loads of money to burn, I wouldn't mind having an Ice Crystal army, haha. I love looking at other people's armies.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »
I have armies of the mane 6 G4 and then some, and G3 Pinkie Pie. Armies make me feel good :P
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal