collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you feel about armies or twins?  (Read 4249 times)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: How do you feel about armies or twins?
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 09:54:48 PM »
I sort of own armies of each of the core 6 G4 ponies, because I own every version of them released MIB (or just about)..... but no loose doubles yet! I wouldn't be totally opposed to it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to make it happen, either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 10:00:30 PM »
I have a couple twins with my G1's.  It's because I have not just my childhood ponies, but also my sister's, my best friends, and her sister's. And some of my aunt's. But with my G4's fluttershy was my first and I fell in love. Now I'm getting every one I can get my hands on. Lol. Until her though I wasn't a fan of armies.

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 10:43:07 PM »
I love armies!! I'm trying to slowly build a Baby Cotton Candy and Bowtie army. People usually build armies of a certain pony because that pony means a lot to them. I know that's why I'm doing it. :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2012, 04:25:01 AM »
I don't really like armies, my personal opinion is that if someone is collecting an army of something rare, it's quite selfish as it makes it harder for others to get for their own collection, even if they only want one, and that is why I do not collect armies of anything.

It's lovely when people have armies of fairly common items, but rare ones, that's just unfair for everyone else... :huh:
xxx

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
My pony collection isn't big enough to justify umpteen of the same pony. But I've got some customs I made of Seashell, so there's 5 in that army, 5 different Applejacks, 3 of Parasol, (my childhood one, a custom baby one, and a rescue one who lives in the bathroom) and 2 baby Tic Tac Toes, one's had a forelock trim, and I've ended up with 3 Baby Sundances. I was supposed to Non-BBE one, but haven't got around to it. I haven't got any display room for ponies, so unless that happens I won't be filling shelves with Applejack-related goodness. But I can understand having ponies all the same colour looks pretty amazing on display. 

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2012, 11:14:39 AM »
I also like diversity.  I only want one of each pony.  I even sell some ponies that look even a little alike.  Like a few that have the same body color and same pose and similar hair color.

I do love G1 twins though!  They are so cute!   :biggrin:
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »
If they're variants - that's okay with me. I myself have two variants of Parasol (one regular US and Italian one with tropical hair) and two "variants" of Baby Blossom (one that's faded to gray and a lavender one). I'm also okay with buying the same pony once again if it's meant as a replacement.

I don't really understand the purpose of collecting armies though... I get it that people can like one particular pony, but why own ten or twenty figures of the same pony?

I'm sorry, no offence, but buying the same pony all the time is kind of unfair and, for the lack of better term, also kind of selfish. I could forgive it if a person was collecting an army of a pony that's quite common or that was mass produced, like, let's say, G3 Pinkie Pie. But if it's a pony that doesn't come up quite often, I find it to be quite unfair, especially towards those collectors who are still striving to get that pony.

This one mainly applies to G1 ponies, and especially the more rare ones.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
I have several twins as well as a mini army of Red Roses. I have tons of diversity (I don't recall how many of hundreds of different ponies I have!) but I do like having several of my absolute favorite.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2012, 02:23:42 PM »
I don't really care one way or the other.  If people want the same of one pony, more power to them.  I myself like having variants of my favorite ponies.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2012, 03:17:52 PM »
When I first found out about armies I didn't really understand them, but now I quite like the idea. I have a sort of army of standing on their hind legs blind bag ponies and I think they look awesome all together. I'm also developing a small Bunny Hop army because I want to restore broken ones and I really liked her as a child. All my Bunny Hops so far are in different states of disrepair!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2012, 04:14:43 PM »
It's not selfish at all, I mean if I want 5 Greek mintys and I have the money to buy them then what's the issue.... It means I had the money to buy, same if I buy a peachy or a posey or a Buttons. I'm not selfish because I bought a pony 6 or 7 times over, it's just collecting.

And if a pony is super rare then no one will have an army because it'll be impossible to find them. I have two MIP G1 Mintys amongst my 30+ strong army, that's because both were swap gifts. And I'm not parting with them ;)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »
:/  I don't like the argument that armys 'drive up prices', since that makes army collectors sound like they do not intend to pay; like shill bidders.

Is there really any evidence backing the claim at all?  For instance, is Blue Belle harder to find since I've started my army, or do they go for higher prices?  Or factory error Blue Belles?  (it's taken me 7 years to collect 13 of them)  How about any other ponies that collectors have made armies of?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »
People feel that way because there is a limited supply of everything but G4s (though some of those are limited too, like discontinued bangs versions). The more of one type of pony one person has, the less there is of that pony available to the rest of the world. That's why its upsetting with rare ponies, especially things like super rare nirvanas, because there are so few of that pony to start with.

When it comes to online collections like on adoptable sites or currently being released lines of whatever, I don't care what a person hoards. But when there's a limited number to start with, especially very rare things with very few available, it annoys me when someone has an "army" of them in any type of collection. Because it DOES make it harder for others to find them.

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »
I think armies look neat, whether there is all of one pose or  a variety of poses.  I don't think I'll ever have a real army of any pony, I don't wanna buy them online and pay shipping for everything.I'd have a sugarberry army if I tried to have any army, she's one of my favs.  I don't mind doubles either, G1's are so hard for me to find that I keep any I can get.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »
I have an army of Little Flitters  :)  I'm up to about 12 (plus a plush and a custom) now and I love them all.  I don't buy every single one that shows up for sale and everyone else always has a fair chance at her.  I don't see the problem.  Even if someone wanted an army of Mimic, it wouldn't bug me.  Because they have just as high a chance of getting her as anyone else.  If you lost out on the sale, would it really matter if the person who bought her already had one?  If you have the money, go for it.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal