collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ** Sternenstaub's 4-Seasons-Swap Brag Thread! **  (Read 5576 times)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: ** Sternenstaub's 4-Seasons-Swap Brag Thread! **
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 09:21:45 AM »
I got my package! I got my amazing package of amazing-ness! And I was really really really spoiled. Like spoiled to tears and shock.  You should go get a cup of coffee, this is going to be a long brag!
I missed the package in the mail for a couple days- little yellow slips to be filled out, not home, etc., and then I was away at a birthday party all afternoon so I didn’t actually get to see the package until 10 pm on Saturday. It’s so pretty, and I recognized the sender right away, especially since I had just sent a package to her. So I knew it was Sternenstaub’s package. And I remember her saying something about spoiling her partner, so I was really excited before I even made it into the house.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I finally got my night-time chores done (put away chickens, walk dog, check for burglers…  the normal stuff) and opened the package. Look at all those lovely little gift bags! I love the sleepy chick, and the Halloween bag is so creepy and cool!

I asked the Husband which package to open first, and he said to start with my least favorite season. I asked which one that was, and he decided it was Spring. Because it’s muddy and cold or hot, but never perfect, and then it’s gone. So Spring it was!

Are those real eggs covered in paper? They’re egg-squisite! And they feel really fragile, so I’m glad none of them broke in the mail! I have a big metal tree I’ve been wanting to decorate for Easter, these are the perfect egg-scuse to do it. There’s also some candy (tasted it last night, the husband begged) and adorable Winnie-the-Pooh stickers with glitter! Yay, glitter!
The flat package had a cute window decoration and a mouse pad. I’m using the mouse pad right now! Who are the characters on it? Is it a German cartoon, or just a funny little drawing? Either way, it’s cute and snuggly!

The next two packages had little figurines- there’s an adorable bunny and a little farmer bear. The farmer bear missed this photo shoot, but you’ll see him later. I discussed with the figurines where they wanted to go, and farmer bear decided a potted plant was his choice.  Bunny has not decided yet. Also, this is when I realized how much dog hair is in the couch. Ew.

I like to save pony packages for last, when I can tell they are ponies. But these two had me confused, since there was only supposed to be one pony in the bag! But no, here they are! Dance Slippers and Magic Motion Light Heart! Dance Around is going to be so excited to meet her sister!

It really bugs me when I only have one out of a set of 2, especially when they’re sisters. So Dance Slippers fills one of those little gaps, and that makes me very happy. And Light Heart? She’s a g2! My list of g2’s is full of ponies that I know I’ll never find at a yard sale, so I’m ALWAYS thrilled to get a g2!
Michael (husband) says my next least favorite season is Winter. I decided not to question him, since he was hanging out with me and pony stuff, which doesn’t happen that often. I pulled out the funny Christmas Duck, and my dog (Otis) was RIGHT THERE! I don’t know how he decided that plush toys were ok to chew, since I put yell at him when he even gets close to a plush, but he really wanted this one! This picture was right before I snatched it away and distracted him with wads of wrapping paper.

The Winter box also has a chimney sweep on a rocket ship. Is this a tradition? Does he deliver gifts? I love the funny little guy, but I totally don’t get it- he’s going on my Christmas tree every year now, but I would love to know if he’s a German icon of some kind! There’s also a whole bunch of awesome chocolates that I haven’t eaten yet- I’m saving them for a special occasion, like Monday. Maybe Tuesday.

Sternenstaub, you are a braver shipper than me- it’s a snow globe! I LOVE snow globes, they seem like they are filled with magic- you flip them, it snows, you flip them, it snows, and it never gets old. I’m sure this says something deep about my psyche, but I just love ‘em! And look, there’s garden bear! See, I told you  he’d show up.

And here’s a little bag of confetti shaped like pine trees! Want to know my plan for these? My sister-in-law’s Christmas gift. She HATES glitter and confetti, and made the mistake of telling me that! So I’ve made a special point of including some in every gift or card for her. Then I get to watch her wipe off imaginary glitter for the rest of the day. It’s harmless fun, but so much of it!

And on top of all that awesome, there’s a pony too! Winter Minty in her pretty box with other languages! Pfefferminzchen! Look at her cute little scarf! When it snows and I want to take pictures of ponies in snow, it’s going to be really hard leaving her in that package.

I know Fall is my favorite season, so I decided without Michael’s help to open the Summer package next. There’s these cute little fireworks that can fold in and out, and a note with something about a special highlight in this box… honestly, I expected a highlighter marker!

Floats! Yellow Lobster! Blue Fish! Two of my Baby Sea Ponies get to have floats! They’ll be so excited! (I always have to look up which float goes to which baby.)

Then I opened a little package of kleenexes (Taschentucher! I’m learning German!) with butterflies on them. The last package had me a little confused. I had already opened 2 pony things, so this package that feels like a baby pony is very unexpected. Even MORE unexpected when I actually opened it and found…..
Baby Ribbon without those scary blinky eyes! Sternen, she’s amazing! This is when a few little tears popped into my eyes, and Michael got to make a little bit of fun of me.  Let him, I’m holding NBBE Ribbon! Good thing I opened the Tuchers first! LOL!  She’s so beautiful, Sternen! Her little eyes are so bright and she doesn’t fall over when I set her down, like the one with the blinky eyes does.

So I calmed down a little, shared a little bit of chocolate with Michael, and nabbed the Fall package.

There’s a cute little table-decoration ghost and a Halloween pencil, some Autumn Tea (mmmmm! Now I just need to get a cold so I can drink it!) and candy. This is a great wrapping paper idea, too- the Halloween napkins are perfect!
Look at this adorable little tea-light holder! It says Happy Harvest, and I’ll bet it’s lovely with the candle glow through it!

And the big package has a note attached, that this pony didn’t make sense for Fall, so she dressed up to join in the fun. Can you tell who she is?

Oh my goodness, it’s Cascade! She has been one elusive pony for me- every time I find a seller with a reasonable price, they won’t ship to the US! So many of them have slipped away from me! She’s so beautiful, I can’t wait to put her in her place of honor on the waterfall! She and Sprinkles are going to have so much fun together!

Here are all of the ponies together, looking absolutely amazing and making me smile ear to ear! Honestly, they make my heart melt a little bit, they’re so wonderful! Thank you, Sternen! This package was amazing and fun to open, and the ponies are so absolutely wonderful! I am completely spoiled!

Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »
I'm glad you like everything Sweetie!!
And I'm happy the box arrived safety.

All ponies and Accessoires were great deals - what allowed me to spoield you a bit. :)

The Mousepad shows "Diddl".
Diddl is very populare in Germany - you can get any and all stuff of him here - Mousepads, Stationarry, Plushies, Pencils ... I thought it would be nice to add something special from here.  :P

The Chimney Sweeper we give away to New Year - like Pennys or little Piggys - he is a symbol for luck.
I thought that would be match for the Winter Seasons as well. ;)

Baby Ribbon was the first Pony I snapped for you and I was so happy that I find one in that good condition.

Enjoy your new goodies and ponies!! **Hugs**

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »
I guessed Diddl was something like that- we have Garfield or Hello Kitty, they are everywhere! (I think Hello Kitty is just everywhere, no matter what country you are in!)
That's interesting about the chimney sweep, I'd never heard that! Our family doesn't have anything special for New Year's, we just get together and try valiantly to stay up until midnight. That's what I get for only knowing people who work early in the morning!
I'm glad you got good deals on them- otherwise this completely destroyed the limit! I love them all so much, I'm putting off taking them to the pony room so I can just stare at them! *GIANT HUGS!*
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Sternenstaub

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »
Hahahahaha!! Tell me a place were Hello Kitty isn't to find?
Maybe on the moon...lol..
I like Hello Kitty - but sometimes the shops are a bit oberloaded with her...
Guess what I find in a shop for pet treats and accessoires... Hello Kitty Drops for cats! Ahhh!!!

To stay in the budget is mostly hard...and yes I also went a bit over it this time - but all the ponies abolutely worth it. :)
And to stop buying in a long time swap period is always hard.  :P

It was hard to let Casscade go - because I still need a nice one for my collection as well.
I guess she is on my wantlists for swaps since 2 years or so...so I'd never bought one for myself..lol..
You know how it goes - when I buy her now - I will def. receive her from anywhere.  :P

Diddl is meanwhile also populare around the world.
My friend Myra from the US found some notepads a year back in a shop in the US - and when I sold a few of my Plushies ( I have had lots of them - over 70 a while back) I was in contact to Diddl Fans from Australia and Sweden... but most populare is he in Germany.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »
Ooooh, wow, Stern put such an awesome box together! I would die to ge that NBBE Baby Ribbon and Cascade! :drunk: Such fabulous extras too! I can't waaaaaaaait for my swap :D

Everyone's boxes are so wonderful, I love looking at all of them ^.^
My Wish List

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »
WOW Stern you made a wonderful package, congratulations Aurora!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:52:52 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2012, 01:59:54 PM »
Wow, what an amazing box!!!! Baby Ribbon looks gorgeous!!! :biggrin:

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
Alrighty... after a long, and rather unpleasant hiatus... I am back!

And I have a box to brag about! :happy:

I actually received it a little over a week or so ago... but I refrained from opening it until I finally managed to get *MY* partner's box out. Soooo sorry for that delay! But I'm hoping it arrives in her hot little hands tomorrow! :D

Anywho... let's see here!

SQUEE! look at all of those purdy and colorful packages just waiting to be torn into!!! :lol:

YAY! Purdy packages... all set up BEFORE I ripped into them! :lol: (When I moved the box around, those Runts and Nerds made an AWFUL noise... :lol: I thought something was broken!)

I LOVE the plushie Twilight! I hadn't seen them anywhere yet! She was a wonderful surprize... and is now safely installed in my car! :lol:

And YAY!!! :frolic: Everyone unwrapped!!!!

Skyflier and Twilight... Eeeee! So gorgeous! Their symbols are perfect! And their hair is so smoothe!!! :lovey: They are absolutely perfect!!!

And then there's Baby Blossom... and Sun Glider!! Eeee!!! I'm only need Lady Flutter now! She's happily flying with her Summer and Windy Wing sisters now!!! :D I positively squeeled when I opened her! :biggrin:

The Filly Princess is royally cute too... :lol: I've often toyed with buying one or two of these... but hesitated because I'd never seen them in person. This little gal is cute... and purple! :lol: I loves me some purple ponehs!

The "Chess piece" Salt & Pepper shakers are awesome too!! As soon as I buy hubby and me some new pepper (we ran out) they will be filled!!!  ^.^

And of course... the Gusty & the Genie storybook!!! Too cool!!! I hadn't heard that story before... read right thru it! Poor Gusty always getting into trouble! haha!!!

Thank you sooooo much Eviecorn!! :lovey: You absolutely spoiled me rotten!!! And made me one happy pony!!!! *hug*!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed everything!!!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »
I'm so glad it got to you and that you're happy!  I had a time finding Baby Blossom, but I'm glad I did, and Sun Glider too!  :hug:

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »
Oooh, awesome box and such lovely ponies! Evie put together a beautiful package, and my mom would love those S&P shakers :D
My Wish List

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »
The D/C # on my box said "Notice Left"... yesterday. It was sent to a PO box... so I'm not surprised...

but... :whoa: the wait for my partner to post if she got it... is killing me! :lol:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2012, 08:27:44 AM »
I am so mad! :mad: The post office in my town is such a bunch of jerks. They have a history of messing things up and not caring about people's mail.

I have been waiting for my swap partner's package to arrive, I checked Friday and Saturday but there was no slip inside my PO box to tell me there was a package. Finally I went up to the desk today and asked him and he just says "Oh yeah I have that" and goes and gets it! Hello, how can I know there is a package for me if you don't put a slip in my box? Grrr.

Well it's time to forget about the post office troubles and celebrate my swap box arriving! Yay! I'm so excited, my hands are itching to open it but I'm at work so I'm resisting until I get home lol. Expect brag photos tonight!

Sternenstaub

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2012, 10:24:27 AM »
I'm glad it arrived safety!
I know how post offices can be - I have had the same at my own...

Can't wait for your brag!!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »
Ahhh, sorry! I finally got to post my brag!  :blush:

Well let me preface this by saying I really hope my partner liked her package and the gifts I got her. I feel like everyone went way overboard on their partners' gifts except me! >.> I'll try to do better with my next swap, this was my first one. I would still love to see a brag post by my partner if she has the time/inclination.

Okay now on to ladybrooklyn's exciting package! I'm so glad it arrived safely. These days I can't help but fear the postal service, but here the package arrived safe and sound! And oooo those 'love me tender' stickers sure got me excited for what mysteries lay within! lol.

When I opened the box, my breath caught in excitement at all the little gifts I got to open! Being a grownup means no one wraps your Christmas presents, mostly I get given gift cards, so this sure felt nostalgic to me! Also I collect greeting cards (a weird collection, I know, but some of them are so gorgeous) and that beautiful butterfly card is going right into my collection!

Four of the packages had pony stickers and were labeled 'spring' 'winter' 'summer' and 'fall', so I had a sneaking suspicion the ponies were in these packages!! So what was in the others...? (Yes, I opened the others first. I like to torture myself lol.)

CANDY! Yay! \o/ And stickers! Double yay! Who doesn't like stickers, I ask you? No one doesn't, that's who. ^.^ And how did ladybrooklyn know that cow tails are MY FAVORITE THING ON TEH ENTIRE PLANET TO PUT IN MY MOUTH? Omgggg... *drool* You can see in the photo I already broke into the box... :lol: And panda cookies from Japan, eee!

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for! On to the ponies! Why, look! For our winter pony we have January Carnation! Yay! My goal of getting all the 12 Birthflower G3's is one step closer to completion! (I tried to show her beautiful straight silky soft luxurious hair in this shot--omg you do not know the true feeling of sily hair until you've petted a G3 straight out of the box...if the hair didn't get all caught on that weird little cardboard sewed thing, anyway.)

And I couldn't contain myself any longer, I tore into fall and spring--whoo! March Daffodil and October Calendula! (I am sensing a theme!) Again they had that perfect G3 hair...I petted them for far too long. :lol: Together with February Violet, May Lily of the Valley, November Crysanthemum, and December Pointsettia, I'm over halfway done my collection!

And last but not least, I could tell the winter I mean summer (duh) package was a little bit larger than the others, so I held it off until last. But now I couldn't help it and dived in and--omg who is this!?

I looked it up, it's Tassles! XD On my Wish List I posted that I wanted to start collecting the Merry-Go-Round ponies but didn't have any of them yet--and now I do! Yay! She's so pretty. (And BIG! haha I didn't realize the mold was bigger than all the other G1's wow!)

Thanks again ladybrooklyn, this was a great first swap and I can't wait to do another!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:49:13 PM by Dragonflitter »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »
My brag is really late but I am going to post it tonight or tomorrow. I have been holding out on eating my candy so I need to get it done soon. Temptation is strong! XD
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal