collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay Seller requests more money for shipping 6 days after payment  (Read 1252 times)

Offline melon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, need a little help here on a recent (7/5) eBay purchase. My mind and heart is having a tug of war right now :blush:

I won an auction for 4 MLP annuals using the best offer option. I've made a point to check the P&P cost, which is listed, before deciding on a reasonable price. The seller accepted my offer and I made payment the same day. Yesterday, almost a week after, I got a message from the seller saying that they went to the post office and P&P costs £10 more. Either I pay the extra or they'll refund me. :(

Feeling a little upset and conflicted. I want the annuals but feel that sellers should be responsible for their listings. If the correct P&P has been listed, I would either offer a lower price or bid on other annual auctions that were ongoing at that time. Am also a little urked that they are taking longer than usual to try and send the items out...

Timeline:

7/5: Submitted best offer, seller accepts and paid.
7/7: Auction marked as shipped.
7/11: Seller request for more money to cover actual postage.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:05:27 AM by melon »

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: eBay Seller requests more money for shipping 6 days after payment
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »
Honestly, if it was me, I'd just take the refund, leave them a negative, and look elsewhere.  It's the seller's responsibility to know how much shipping will be, not you.  When I sell stuff, if I underestimate shipping, I suck it up and absorb the cost.  I know that can be hard with an item you really want, tho :(

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:07:08 PM »
Honestly, if it was me, I'd just take the refund, leave them a negative, and look elsewhere.  It's the seller's responsibility to know how much shipping will be, not you.  When I sell stuff, if I underestimate shipping, I suck it up and absorb the cost.  I know that can be hard with an item you really want, tho :(
All of this. The seller really has no right to ask you for more money. I would maybe message them back once if you want the item to explain that you should not have to pay more for shipping and you feel the listed price was a binding agreement. But if they don't go for that, just take the refund. I wouldn't pay them more for shipping.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
Are they allowed to ask for more money? I'm doubting they can. You won the auction and the final prices including the shipping costs are the contract. I need to dig around ebay for this one.

Post Merge: July 11, 2012, 10:07:33 PM

Here is additional info for buyers regarding shipping:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipping-for-buyers.html

Post Merge: July 11, 2012, 10:08:10 PM

Buyer protection info
http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:08:10 PM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »
Refund. Neg. Look elsewhere. they need to get organised. It's not a carboot sale.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 11:43:57 PM »
I agree that they need to get organized. How long was their "handling" time on their Ebay listing?

If they went to the post office the next day and found out that would be different. I mean, people make mistakes and Singapore is a country many people have never shipped to. But why did they wait 6 days? Unless they a week listed as their handling time?

Offline melon

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 12:41:09 AM »
Thank you all so much for replying :)

They didn't state a handling time but I realized that the auction status was updated to shipped on 7/7. Now, I'm even more confused. I don't think I want to pay more than what was listed and if we can't work something out, then I will probably get a refund and leave appropriate feedback.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 03:55:12 AM »
Maybe they found a cheaper way to ship it?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 04:24:59 AM »
I was thinking that to RPB  :tellme:

But in regards to asking you for more money, I don't think so!

It is the seller's responsibility to make sure she is charging the correct amount.  And seeing as you bought several annuals, she would have had to send you a combined invoice in which she had time to check what the correct shipping should be.

I know I have undercharged on several occasions and just chalked it up as a loss.  It was my fault, not my buyers.

I would email her and ask if they have been sent or not.  And explain that you are under no obligation to send her more money for shipping.  It was her reponsibility to weigh the items and make sure that she was charging you correctly to begin with. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »

Also, if you want to warn others from dealing with this seller, please PM me!  It's not appropriate to ask for more money to ship - covering the shipping charges is the seller's responsibility!  They need to know the charges up front to correctly provide the buyer with information.  You can't change the terms of a contract AFTER the fact! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 06:43:33 PM »

I would email her and ask if they have been sent or not.  And explain that you are under no obligation to send her more money for shipping.  It was her reponsibility to weigh the items and make sure that she was charging you correctly to begin with. 

I agree with this advice too ^^ . Its her fault , not yours, so you should not be paying extra  :mad:   If she hasnt sent the annuals and she refuses to send them to you unless you pay extra, then it would be better  to take the refund and leave appropriate feedback IMO . :awake:  If she has already sent them then she should still not be asking you to pay more money

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline melon

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »
I'm replied asking them to clarify the status of the auction and is waiting for their response. Fingers crossed!

I don't want to be confrontational until I know what's going on. They MIGHT have shipped the annuals and confused me with another international buyer?

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 09:49:23 PM »
It's the seller's responsibity and they have to eat the cost. I've eaten the cost MANY times on shipping. It's not the buyer's fault I can't calculate properly ;) If you bought the item for said price and shipping then that is what they should sell it to you. It's unthinkable that they would even tell you to pay more!
My Wish List

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 02:55:21 AM »
Let us know when she replies! I'm hoping she found another way to ship them *hooves crossed for you*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal