collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The concept of your collection?  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: The concept of your collection?
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 07:56:04 AM »
G1: gotta catch em all - literally ;)
G2: the very few that I like I will get when they are available to me easily
G3: all fair ponies, art ponies, exclusives etc plus a couple of ones that I think are pretty
G4: one of each pony that I like (ie I don't like Shine Brights so won't get them, but one of each other pony is a must have)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »
I consider my Pony Collection to be a Pony Way-point, a transient place for ponies to visit and some day move on.  All except a handful, namely Chief and SS Magic Star, who will be with me forever. :D    The Ponies who visit I savor so deeply! I take photos! We have fun and enjoy! and then I sell them so they can explore somewhere else and brighten someone else's collection.

Stroggos

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 11:14:50 AM »
I consider my Pony Collection to be a Pony Way-point, a transient place for ponies to visit and some day move on.

I really like the way you've expressed this.

aerie_star

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »
I've chosen to deliberately collect G1 baby ponies and all accessories/playsets related to them. Baby ponies were my absolute favorite as a child (probably why I have so many of them and their accessories left). I'm also interested in recollecting ponies/accessories/playsets I had as a child (to a limited extent). I'm also collecting G4s (only brushables and FS tho, I have no interest in the talking ones). If I had a certain theme, it would be "Baby Ponies" I guess, not counting all the ways I sneal other stuff into that "theme". I'm also very interested in puzzles, books, posters.. that kind of thing  :biggrin: I'm willing give almost any pony a home though which is how I ended up with McDonalds toys and a bunch of G3s.

My younger sister is collecting Rainbow Dash... All the Rainbow Dashes, even if they're the same, but with a different accessory.  ^.^ I don't get it myself, but it makes her happy, which is the point of collecting to me.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
I don't have a theme, I just collect the ponies I like the look of. :) If there's a pony I just don't like, I don't bother trying to get them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »
If I had to choose a theme for fun my G1 theme would be 'emotional attachment'. G1s just bring me back to a happy childhood place. I love them so much.

THIS! I also collect ponies this way <3

Exept for this i only collect ponies I find at second-hand or fleamarkets, I've stopped buying them online now. makes the hunt more challenging ;)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 03:35:40 PM »
It's simple. Your collection consists of items you want to collect. It has meaning for you and that's what matters. Granted, some of my ponies lean toward either being warm colored or having sun in its name or symbol. But not all of them do. :)

The perfect sentiment!

My theme is "G1 MLP" I guess :)...but more specifically I am a "loose & complete" kind of gal...which means a pony with all her original accessories!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline paradise-estate

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I Heart G1 Ponehs
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2012, 04:27:08 PM »
I think my theme is gotta catch 'em all...

Hehehe ^^'
Haha I totally agree that! I have no theme. I agree with all those folk who say their theme is my little pony! Besides I can't afford many rare nirvana ones!

** COLLECTING G1 PONIES FOR MY HERD :D THE MORE THE MERRIER!**
My WANT LIST*~* My gallery of adoptables I've drawn!

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 05:30:07 PM »
I consider my Pony Collection to be a Pony Way-point, a transient place for ponies to visit and some day move on.

I like this! My "Theme" has been collecting ALL G1s ALL countries - over the years I have acquired many and now have a wonderful  collection.
I can see though....many will have to "move on" as I move on in MY life!
Not sure how or when they will go.....certainly only some that I find someone really wants (e.g. sold some Frenchies to the lovely Bibinettepony.....*sigh*) but at least I know they have a good home and will be loved!

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 05:40:54 PM »
It might sound harsh, but I consider people who collect for the money to be 'investors' as opposed to collectors. I collect for the joy of the hunt and the fun of finding the ponies I love, not for the chance that I might make a profit someday.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »
Theme?  My theme is "if I like it, I want it."  :silly:  I don't collect sets or specific countries, I just buy ponies as I fall in love with them and when I have money.  My only exceptions to that are my Summer Wing set (it's my only complete set, but I love wingers and wanted them all) and my yellow/pink collection.  I have an army of Little Flitters and lots of other yellow ponies with pink hair.  I mostly seek out G1s, but I have one G2 baby and a couple G4s.

You don't need a theme.  If your collection makes you happy, that's all that matters.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »
i've been compared to a racoon at times.. i  like shiny things and thigns  that sparkle XD  aka pretty ponys and tinsel.

for me thre isnt really a theme.. i sut collect what i think is pretty. ususaly when i  complete a set or  almost compelete a set its usualy  on accident

I'm a bit of a magpie, myself - love anything shiny!

My theme is pretty much anything MLP that strikes my fancy.  I do seem to like some of the HTF ponies (Crumpet, Nightglider, Ice Crystal) but my absolute favorite is still Wind Whistler and I have a soft spot for all of the newborn twins.  I collect all gens (I have 1 g2 and 2 g3.5s) and g1 merchandise as well and my collection makes me very happy.  :)

I agree with wha others have said - it is your collection and it's pencil because it has value to *you.*. Don't worry about your friend; it doesn't matter what she says.  You should never collect something just for the investment, IMHO.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2012, 09:44:02 PM »
One of every G4 pony/set ever released, international or otherwise, MIB... then de-boxed pony singles when I can afford them.

Random G3's that I think are cute, plus con and art ponies MIB

Just started collecting G1's from childhood.... the hard part is remembering them all.

annnd no G2's for me... yet.

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »
Good on you! Everyone collects for different reasons I say, you dont need only to have 'rare' ponies.

The theme of my collection is "Juri likes ponies!"

:P

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 12:27:58 AM »
I got to thinking some more about concepts and I am drawn to the Spacey ponies... i.e. Starhopper (my favorite), and Baby North Star (one of the 2 ponies I still have from childhood. I want Lovebeam and many many others!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal