collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Info on past Con/Fair Exclusives, if you please  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Re: Info on past Con/Fair Exclusives, if you please
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »
Desert Rose, Best Pony is going to be almost impossible to get, since EVERYONE is going to want her. Bronies, collectors, scalpers, parents of whiny kids. And this is no one group's fault.

Yeh but that's not gonna last forever. Sure, right now EVERYONE wants her, but give it time you'll see they start poping up on Ebay etc. from people who have grown tired of ponies/want to reduce their collection/bronies who were just in it for the trend thing/people needing money and so forth.
Seen it before with other ponies and I have no doubt in my mind it will happen this time aswell.
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »
Oh, and I just realized this, but please stop calling her "Best Pony" as if that's her name/the ultimate truth. Its incredibly rude and disrespectful to everyone who does not agree with you. Call her Ditzy Doo, Gray Pegasus, Bubblecup, or some variation of :muffin: Pony to get past the filter. I don't care what We Love Fine calls her. This is not We Love Fine or a brony-only site. You can think she's the best pony all you want, but your opinion is not the only one that exists.

slight edit for content ~ashes
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:18:16 PM by ashes »

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 06:42:27 PM »
Oh, and I just realized this, but please stop calling her "Best Pony" as if that's her name/the ultimate truth. Its incredibly rude and disrespectful to everyone who does not agree with you. Call her Ditzy Doo, Gray Pegasus, Bubblecup, or some variation of :muffin: Pony to get past the filter. I don't care what We Love Fine calls her. This is not We Love Fine or a brony-only site. You can think she's the best pony all you want, but your opinion is not the only one that exists.

I don't think she's the best pony, but "Best Pony" is the only thing that we have that's an "official" name. We Love Fine has the licensing to sell MLP and to use their names and likenesses in their products. She used to have the "D-word" as her name, but after The Last Round Up fiasco, Hasbro made them remove all merchandise with that name on that, and now she's only referred to as Best Pony.

Until she has a more canon name, that's what I'm going to refer to her as. It's not because I feel she IS best pony (Glory is best pony, in my opinion). I'm sorry if you don't feel that way, but I don't call her that out of my own opinion, but out of facts.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »
That doesn't mean "Best Pony" is her name. I know exactly what her name used to be, and what happened. "Best Pony" is not a name, its a declaration that that pony is the best. I have never seen anyone else here call her such a ridiculous thing. You just said "Best Pony" is from facts. What facts, exactly? Brony opinions? Because there are more opinions and 'facts' out there.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 09:42:11 PM »

I don't think she's the best pony, but "Best Pony" is the only thing that we have that's an "official" name. We Love Fine has the licensing to sell MLP and to use their names and likenesses in their products. She used to have the "D-word" as her name, but after The Last Round Up fiasco, Hasbro made them remove all merchandise with that name on that, and now she's only referred to as Best Pony.

Until she has a more canon name, that's what I'm going to refer to her as. It's not because I feel she IS best pony (Glory is best pony, in my opinion). I'm sorry if you don't feel that way, but I don't call her that out of my own opinion, but out of facts.

http://www.welovefine.com/483-i-heart-ponys.html

http://www.welovefine.com/1711-:muffin: Pony-mail-messenger-button.html

http://www.welovefine.com/1149-:muffin: Pony-bags.html

http://www.welovefine.com/785-have-a-pony-day.html

http://www.welovefine.com/682-derp.html

(I censored the second and third links, because otherwise they break - replace the dashes with E's, and they'll work.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:44:10 PM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »
That doesn't mean "Best Pony" is her name. I know exactly what her name used to be, and what happened. "Best Pony" is not a name, its a declaration that that pony is the best. I have never seen anyone else here call her such a ridiculous thing. You just said "Best Pony" is from facts. What facts, exactly? Brony opinions? Because there are more opinions and 'facts' out there.

From We Love Fine:
ONE keychain per order
If you wish to select which character you want, please specify "Best Pony", "Fluttershy" or "Luna" in the NOTES section of your order. Any orders of 5 or more MLP shirts which do not specify which keychain you want will receive a random selection.

This is Best Pony:

There's also the Best Pony Wingmare shirt: http://www.welovefine.com/1987-best-pony-wingmare.html

Names change. Hasbro just changed Time Turner into Dr. Hooves. Only old merch refers to Best Pony as her past name, and we all know that her name was removed from show canon via retcon. Hasbro officially has no name for her, but they're allowing We Love Fine to call her Best Pony.

These are all verifiable facts. People normally call her by her old name since the name isn't censored, People call her tons of things, since she has no show-canon name. Have you ever visited the FiM wiki? Some background ponies have upwards of 10 names because the fans can't agree on something. If Best Pony gets an official show or toy name (Bright Eyes, Ditzy Doo, Bubbly Delight), then that's what people will call her. You don't see people calling G1s My Pretty Pony beautiful babys, even though that's what they were originally called (source: http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/my_pretty_pony.html#my_pretty_pony_pink).

Canon changes, licenses change, and right now, Best Pony is the only official name for her. If I said she were (the) best pony, that would be an opinion. But I'm saying she's Best Pony, a proper noun, and therefore a name.

Taxel, you're arguing with facts and derailing from the topic, which is about prior faire/con exclusives. If you want to talk about this, perhaps make your own thread about it? Otherwise you're cluttering up this thread, and this is the last that I'm going to speak about this on this thread.

And Snapdragon, the "I heart ponies" shirt is just that. It's a picture of a pony, no name. And saying "Have a (blank) day" is not calling the pony any one thing. It could have a picture of Applejack from Midnight Castle, as she's just as clumsy, too. Also just having the word "derp" with a picture of a pony does not imply that that is any way connected to her name.

There's no longer merchandise with what was her full name, as Hasbro had them take it down.

And again, this is the last I'm going to say on this topic in this thread. I just had to add the Snapdragon stuff since xe posted when I was writing my response.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 10:25:57 PM »
Taxel, you're arguing with facts and derailing from the topic, which is about prior faire/con exclusives. If you want to talk about this, perhaps make your own thread about it? Otherwise you're cluttering up this thread, and this is the last that I'm going to speak about this on this thread.

No one else has EVER called her "Best Pony" here. At least not that I've seen, and I lurk quite a lot (my online stats are pretty ridiculous). Its never been an issue before, so I've never even thought about it. Its a Brony thing, and I know that, but I never cared because it wasn't brought here. Its cool that that's a thing for them, however its offensive and rude to say things like that here.

Plus, even if you claim to not agree with the statement, refusing to call Bubblecup anything but "Best Pony" sends a pretty strong message.

And as far as "Best Pony" being her so-called official name, I believe people who attended the Fair said their receipts for the toy said "Gray Pegasus" which is why people on that subforum keep calling her that (though I am tired and really don't care to check for sure). A toy from Hasbro is a lot more official than We Love Fine.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 10:30:01 PM »
This is a warning to please keep this thread on topic.  Any more and it will be locked.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal