collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you use make up?

Yes, every day!
27 (23.9%)
Usually, but not every day
19 (16.8%)
When I feel like it
19 (16.8%)
Only on special occasions
28 (24.8%)
No!
20 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Makeup! Do you use it?  (Read 4342 times)

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Makeup! Do you use it?
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »
I love perfume.  I use Hermes "Un Jardin Apres La Mousson" during the summer because it is super light and doesn't overpower everyone even if the weather is 110 degrees.  It's probably one of my favorite fragrances.

During the winter, I use Christian Lacroix "C'est la Fete Patchouli", which is heavy, but smells sooooo good!

On special occasions, I use Chanel's Cuir de Russie.  I have a teeny little sample bottle, since this one is super expensive, but if I ever had the money, I would absolutely buy a bigger bottle.  This stuff is fantastic!  Very, very classic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

gargoylekitty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2012, 01:17:49 AM »
Pretty much always foundation, powder, and eyeliner. When dressing up a little more, going out or on my days off, I also use eyeshadow and lipstick. Oh, and sometimes I play with nail polish, though rarely just a plain one-color coat.

Rarely use perfume except certain occasions though, just don't find one that I like that isn't too overpowering often

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2012, 02:07:32 AM »
What about perfumes? What are everyone's favourite scents?

I wear perfume every day. During winter I liked to use Diors Pure Poison, but this spring I took a liking to Christina Aguileras Secret Potion so I swtiched and is now using that one on a daily basis and Pure Poison on special occasions.

Summertime I wear Escadas Summerfragrance. I still have half  bottle left of last years Taj Sunset so I'm using it this summer as well :)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2012, 06:18:43 AM »
as for makeup - often, a lot of eye makeup :3
usually kinda like this

and sometimes, more sooty.

as for perfume, Alyssa Ashley's Fizzy (the pink one). it is awesome. I can't seem to find it anywhere nowadays tho :(

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Souffaloufagous

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2012, 08:39:57 AM »
I'm one of those people who doesn't really go out without it.  At all.

When I was little, maybe in the 10-13 age window, my mom got me this huge expensive Macys makeup kit for christmas and showed me how to apply mascara, eyeshadow, etc properly.  And would correct me if I did it wrong.  Even since then really, it turned into habit, and now my face just doesn't feel/look right if I don't have at least mascara and foundation on... 

I guess some could see that as a problem.  And I guess the way makeup was introduced to me could be.
But I also like making myself look awesome because it's fun and makes me feel good.
I gots me some purdy lashes.  *bats eyelashes*

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2012, 08:46:54 AM »
Soooo I've been thinking about makeup lately. The truth is, I hardly ever use it, only on formal occasions, and to be honest I have no clue no how to apply it except for eye shadow and mascara! :blush: :shocked: However I do think that it can do beautiful things and I wish I knew how to apply it better so I can look pretty on special occasions like cons and fairs and when we go out to dinner and such :)

But recently I read an article that the majority of women don't even dare to go outside without it which kind of shocked me, seeing as I usually feel less secure with makeup than without, I'm always worrying that it's looking silly or going to places where it shouldn't go! XD

So how about you, pony people? Do you use make up? If so, do you use it often? And why, or why not? :)

If i'm going some place public I'll put it on because I have pcos and that makes my have horrible, black splotches all along my jaw line and under my chin and my neck. It's disgusting. So I cover up. this is how I apply it, mouistriser, concealer (dab it with your finger lightly, not too much!), brush on foundation in circles, mascara, wipe your eyebrows off with a damp tissue to pick you the loose power.

less is more, what I learned with concealers is.. they fade whatever it is by half. nothing ever completely, and if you get a shiny face after a few hours, just get a tissue and gently dab-NOT RUB- your face. Cheeks, forehead, nose, chin. bam, no shiney and you still have most of your slap on.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2012, 12:10:44 PM »
I don't bother with it unless I'm going out someplace nice, or wandering Manhattan. I just put on lipgloss and call it a day. :lol:

I have problem skin so I have to buy sensitive skin makeup, which is expensive. So I try to avoid using it.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Asphodel

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2012, 04:51:13 PM »
With yellow skin and green eyes, pretty much most colours clash, but i wear a tiny bit of foundation and some eyeliner  :biggrin:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2012, 06:55:39 PM »
Whenever I go out I wear it, but not around the house :) Some people look fine without makeup, but I'm one of those who needs it ;)
My Wish List

Flutterblossom

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2012, 10:14:02 AM »
I wear it on school days and days when I'm actually going somewhere besides the store/pool/for a walk. I don't wear a lot like my peers do, because I think a lot of make up makes a person uglier!

I put on foundation, then concealer to cover up any scabs, scratches or zits, then a little tiny bit of white powder to make my face appear less red. Next I put on a really light pink eye shadow and light brown mascara. That's about it! I used to wear eye liner but I really hated it and I could never put it on by myself. And I think eye liner makes girls look weird. Just my opinion though. I have pale/reddish skin and light blonde hair so it's hard for me to find corresponding make-up that's not too dark.

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2012, 05:18:33 AM »
I wear scent every day too, always the same, Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege. I don't like the lilac colour of it at all but I think it smells nice and it isn't over-commonly used and recognisable like for example Chanel Chance, Dior Poison etc.

There is a website with fragrance reviews fragrantica.com I sometimes check this if I hear about a new fragrance.

I have been hoping to find some nice organic scent but the ones I've had the scent hasn't lasted for very long...  :(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:20:34 AM by Goldilocks »
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2012, 04:43:51 PM »
I don't even own any makeup beyond lip gloss xD I have relatively clear skin with freckles :) Plus, I don't have to worry about it getting on my clothes and such and I don't have to wash my face every night to get it all off :P

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »
If I am leaving the house I wear mascara and lip balm, but mostly thats because I have very blonde eyelashes, and I think I look dead without it! :P

Offline Dee_Kary

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://deekary.deviantart.com
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »
I inherited a very oily skin from my dad, so during my preteen and teen years I had awful acne :( meaning no makeup for me. I never, ever wore anything to school aside from lip gloss, and would only wear eyeshadow and mascara as an extra when I had some kind of special, formal event. I would love to get used to wearing makeup now though :D I went through a hardcore acne treatment and I'm now completely clear (except for scars) and would love to start wearing makeup ^^. Will need some tutorials though XD. Any good ones for a pretty-much makeup newbie? XD

Thanks to Rainbowjuice and SourdoughStomper for the sigs, and moonflower for the avie!
My deviantart / Commissions: Closed

xXCosmicBurstXx

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
I used to when I lived in Wisconsin, but Florida is just too dang hot. Even the lightest make-up feels heavy and gets all funky when I sweat (which doesn't take much since I'm not a hot weather person...). I only wear it for special occasions if it's not humid.

I see chicks all the time down here with loads of make-up on and I just don't see how they can be comfortable, or how their skin doesn't completely and utterly break out. Ugh.

This. I hate wearing makeup in hot weather. After a few hours I sweat my makeup off which leaves me feeling gross and nasty. ;.;

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal