collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Moxie Teenz collectors?  (Read 1917 times)

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
Re: Any Moxie Teenz collectors?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 04:57:55 PM »
oooh, Taxel, do you have any pics of her??  I was JUST at TRU and saw them on sale and almost picked one up.  I look at them every time I go, but I've never seen any owner pics of them.  I'd love to see your new girl!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
I don't have them uploaded yet, but after her wig finishes drying (or almost drying, yay patience!) I'll get some nice shots and post some photos in this thread. I haven't played with her a ton yet, but I am loving her real eyelashes. That's one of my favorite parts of my Sleepover Party Liv.

Edit: It only took me forever, but I'm back! With photos! :D
This is the review that really pushed me over the edge and made me get Tristen. I suggest not reading it unless you already want to pick one up. She also got me into Livs and a few other toy lines, which is evil, but she's saved me some pain with other toys. I love the blog. xD

Anyways! Back to Tristen! As I mentioned she was $13 at TRU. She had a few issues (a bit of dirt on her face, some wacky lashes, and an obviously messy wig). However the cheapest one I found on Amazon was like $18 or $19 at the time, so I decided I could try and fix those issues myself.

Spoiler
She looked absolutely nothing like the photos from the review at first. Her hair was insane. However after a gentle wash with some conditioner, it looks great and I really love. I haven't had any problems with her wig falling off yet, but I haven't played with her very much. This photo has the most accurate colors.

The absence of a waist joint, or just lamer hip/arm joints, or all three means she sits. . .stupidly. She looks like she's going to fall backwards and I can't get her to sit any straighter. This means I can't display her like I do with my Livs, and I'll probably make her a chair when I can afford it.

She's got a sweet face, but apparently my camera hates her eyes. None of the photos turned out with crisp eyes, but that may be my fault or the default settings' fault (it reverts back to default when you turn it off, so every time I turn it on I have to remember to change it to macro). Her skin is much more pink in reality, but her super pink outfit could be messing with that some.

Speaking of her outfit? I LOVE it! The outfit is what made me want her, and I am not disappointed.

I knew she was bigger than Livs, but getting them side by side. . .wow. The difference is crazy! I partially bought Tristen to help me get used to bigger dolls though, so that's all good. Its just strange to stand them next to each other.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:49:13 PM by Taxel »

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 05:31:17 AM »
Yay, thanks for the pics!  I do love her outfit...I just can't decide if I want to pick her up or not.  I may grab her if she's still at TRU this weekend, and still on sale.

~Rodan+Fields~

SuniMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
I have one... She's mostly been sitting in the botton of my drawer, though, haven't taken her out in months. I got her, and wound up being suuuuuper super disappointed in her range of motion.
They have very nice clothes at least, their eyes and lashes are pretty, although I think they'd look better with their faces wiped and a new face-up done of them... their lips bother me.

So, the poseability is my major issue, I expected something like Liv, but their range is more like a jointed barbie.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »
Awesome shots! I'm kinda tempted to find her now, but her size is not as big as I would want her to be. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 01:53:26 PM »
I'm having some trouble adjusting to her size. xD I've never had any dolls that aren't around the size of Livs. Tristen is mostly a transition doll for me, so she's working out okay for that. I've noticed her joints aren't as great as Liv, which is quite annoying, but for $13 I'm still very happy with her.

Alicat

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
She is very pretty! I think I am mostly drawn to her clothing and accessories! I know, that's horrible! lol!

I was in TRU Tuesday and picked up one of the accessories pack. earrings, bracelets, necklace, belt, purse and boots to use with my MH dolls. The details are AMAZING! love the purse for any fashion-sized doll, and it opens with space to stash stuff!  the belt will fit, slung low on the waist. all the jewelry is fine, though the bigger bracelets went to Nefera. The boots are a tad big, but don't fall off. I would imagine they would swamp a barbie or Liv... sorry if I went overboard, lol!!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 11:17:56 PM »
Oh lovely pics, Taxel! She is really such a beauty and her eyes are such an incredible violet. Mine has a little dirt/smudge on her face as well, but I can hide it under her bangs so it's fine. I wonder if that's often an issue with them.

When I got my Tris and Mel they were on sale for $15 each, which was good because yeah despite the awesome clothes, the more limited poseability gets frustrating. They never look quite natural... I just redress mine and then I prop them up somewhere XD

They are kind of a funny in-between size! My two really loom over everydolly else, as I'm used to 10-11" dolls.  :silly:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Dibbles

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 07:58:29 AM »
Forgot to mention that Jem clothes and shoes fit these ladies. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal