collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: aahhhhhhhh spider attack  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: aahhhhhhhh spider attack
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 04:45:53 PM »
Woooow! Thanks hyenacub for all those lovely pics :) And omg Pinkamina, I´m impressed! You really have to take some pics of your little guys ^^ Do you save the exoskeletons from your tarantulas? I´m guessing they would be cool to display, unless it's weird for you or something :P

My favourite spiders are Daddy long legs as I grew up with them all over my apartment. I also adore Harvestmen because they remind me of DLLs. I also have an unhealthy fascination with Latrodectus sp. (Black widows) although I´m pretty glad I don't live anywhere near them (mostly out of fear they'd hurt my pets).
But in truth, I love all spiders and most other arachnids (can't say I love ticks but they fascinate me). Just two days ago I witnessed Araneus diadematus mating on my window (they are all over the place here in the summer), one of the most amazing things ever! and the male fortunately survived :D yay :P
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
The DLL you are talking about are cellar spiders, most likely.  I like those, too!  XD  Harvestmen are also called DLL and sometimes, so are crane flies.  I like those, too.  I also like walking sticks and praying mantises and house centipedes.....hm.  I apparently like things with long, spindly limbs, LOL
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »
Here's a pic of the beautiful wolf spider who was hanging out in my garden on the 4th  :lovey:  I have a couple funnels and an orbweaver out there too.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »
Oo, she's a beaut.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 08:28:12 PM »
Add me to the list of spider lovers here, haha.

They're so pretty and cute and everythingggg. <3

I especially love jumping spiders, they look so precious!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
Even my mom likes the jumping spiders! lol

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 02:16:52 AM »

Woooow! Thanks hyenacub for all those lovely pics :) And omg Pinkamina, I´m impressed! You really have to take some pics of your little guys ^^ Do you save the exoskeletons from your tarantulas? I´m guessing they would be cool to display, unless it's weird for you or something :P

My favourite spiders are Daddy long legs as I grew up with them all over my apartment. I also adore Harvestmen because they remind me of DLLs. I also have an unhealthy fascination with Latrodectus sp. (Black widows) although I´m pretty glad I don't live anywhere near them (mostly out of fear they'd hurt my pets).
But in truth, I love all spiders and most other arachnids (can't say I love ticks but they fascinate me). Just two days ago I witnessed Araneus diadematus mating on my window (they are all over the place here in the summer), one of the most amazing things ever! and the male fortunately survived :D yay :P

I will grab some pics and start a new thread later :) I used to keep the exoskeletons but I ended up with thousands, so I don't anymore unless someone asks me to keep one.
I love Latrodectus sp. too, although there are loaaaaaaaaads of Steatoda nobilis where I live, they're similar enough :D
There is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Araneus sp. outside my back door. haven't seen her mating but seen her chomping a few males!!!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline nuttertasha

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 05:36:09 AM »
ok ok i cant do it i cant even look at the pics its freaking me out blah spiders creep the hell out of me i tryyed to take pics but i cant im sorry  :cry:
Formally butterfly gypsie rose

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 05:37:40 AM »
It's OK, not everyone likes spiders! :hug:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline nuttertasha

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 05:39:40 AM »
i know but i thought i could bet this fear but oh well i tryyed
Formally butterfly gypsie rose

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 05:48:53 AM »
Beating any phobia is so difficult :hug: Little baby steps - if you can get as close as you can for a few days, you'll find yourself getting closer and closer. I used to have a HUGE fear of wasps, I couldn't be in the same room as them. But where I was working we had massive pallet covers that needed to be repaired and wasps used to crawl into them. I'm at the point now that as long as they don't fly within a foot of me I'm fine, otherwise I'll walk away. I can even catch them in a glass if ones in a window :D

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2012, 07:07:56 AM »
I am petrified of spiders, I got out of the shower once and wrapped my towel around me and then noticed something black and fluffy crawling up my chest. I looked again at the blurry black fluff and it had legs. Needless to say, I dropped my towel and ran crying outside! XD
:scared: :yikes:

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »
I am petrified of spiders, I got out of the shower once and wrapped my towel around me and then noticed something black and fluffy crawling up my chest. I looked again at the blurry black fluff and it had legs. Needless to say, I dropped my towel and ran crying outside! XD
:scared: :yikes:

Ok, I love spiders.  But that would freak even me out.  I prefer to admire them when they're not touching me, as with all bugs lol

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »
The DLL you are talking about are cellar spiders, most likely.  I like those, too!  XD  Harvestmen are also called DLL and sometimes, so are crane flies.  I like those, too.  I also like walking sticks and praying mantises and house centipedes.....hm.  I apparently like things with long, spindly limbs, LOL

Yes, I was indeed referring to the actual spiders (Pholcidae) although I also seem to have an affinity to anything with really thin long legs :) so you're not alone :D As fate would have it though, I´ve moved to a country that doesn't have the DLL spiders, but we do have a lot of harvestmen (Opiliones) here so that's at least something :) And a lot of various house spiders and orb weavers.

Nuttertasha, I think you should really be proud of yourself for even wanting to try to take a picture and tolerating all of us going on about spiders and posting their pics :) A lot of people with arachnophobia would just run screaming :hug: so you´re definitely on the right track :D but it takes a long time to beat a phobia, as Pinkamena said :) in any case, in the name of all spiders, thank you for trying :D

Zenna, that spider is absolutely lovely :)

Btw, have any of you guys gotten your cats to stop chasing after spiders and other bugs? Mine are pretty disciplined in front of me, but I can'T bet my life that they aren't chasing them when I´m not there or am asleep :S
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:16:21 PM by Vintergatan »
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2012, 01:39:59 PM »
My dogs are spider/moth/random bug hunters.  My dachshund chases them and squashes them with his big nose!  My little one just pounces and eats them.  I try to catch them, but usually the bug is squished or eaten by the time I realize what they're doing lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal