collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How hard is it to find TEs in good condition?  (Read 986 times)

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
How hard is it to find TEs in good condition?
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:49:49 AM »
I'm a fairly picky purchaser, though I realize the older the pony, the harder it's probably going to be to find in mint or even good condition.  :cry:

I've been wanting the twinkle eyed ponies for quite a while; they're my favorite type (grails) and I'd love to own them someday, but I'm not sure where to look and how to know they're perfect or near perfect if I have to buy online. Things that can be cleaned off with soap or acetone (that are not near eyes or cutie mark) I can tolerate, cancer and mold is a big no-no, as are chew marks, regrind, cut/butchered hair and very faded symbols. I'd love one in box, but I don't expect to find that, so the better condition the better. But where can I find them, and for how much?

I'm new here, so if this is in the wrong place, my sincerest apologies.  :redface:

Novavelle

Re: How hard is it to find TEs in good condition?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 01:18:30 AM »
well the odd's of you finding a MINT white quackers are pretty slim... I have a double hand full of them and I don't think I have more then one that's got very few marks on her...

sweet stuff, party time, ginger bread, galaxy, sky rocket, locket, speedy, and even possibly bright eye's are all going to be a task for you to find as well without some sort of cancer or regrind on them...

but I wish you lot's of luck, cause I can understand wanting the mintiest ponies in your herd.

Binny

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 01:29:52 AM »
Oh gosh.  I may have to lower my standards a little if that is the case then.  >_<

Post Merge: July 07, 2012, 01:30:42 AM

And thank you! :heart:

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 02:36:39 AM »
I have seen some mint TE's, but most might have some little problems. I ocne saw this amaizingly mint Locket, but she was too pricey to me.  :P
My Gingerbread has cancer, my Whizzer and Fizzy has haircuts, but otherwise they are in good condition. :)
Im sure youll find mint TE's, but it might take time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 02:49:33 AM »
I have bought some really stunning TE's recently, and don't ever really pay more than $20. I got a really really stunning Whizzer for about $4, because the seller didn't put much info up about her and her hair was really disgusting. I bought her, washed her, styled her and she's a real beauty. Pretty much none of her eye shine is gone, and her symbols are perfect, no regrind... goes on. I have also seen a few really white Quackers go by recently and had to pass them up because of lack of funds, so my biggest advice is take some chances, but don't buy just because you think you won't get better. Use your instincts, and at the very worst, you can always sell the girls you don;t want on again as long as you don't over-pay for them.

I have an extremely white Gingerbread with literally perfect symbols, no marks, perfect eyes, basically a mint body, but she has had her mane and tail docked severely. She was just in a bait lot I bought.

Keep looking! (and save "Twinkle Eye Pony" as a search on the ebay phone app if you have it! ;) )

:work:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 03:17:42 AM »
I love TEs too, they are awesome grails to have :D Everyone has good tips, I would also add that if you're worried about buying online and uncertain about possible flaws, you can certainly always ask for more pictures.

Definitely keep an eye on the sales/trades forums here for what you want--I'm totally happy with the ponies I've received from wonderful people here  ^.^ Ebay can be a strange place, keep in mind that prices may be bizarre over there!

Good luck in your TE hunt :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Binny

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 03:40:10 AM »
Oh wow, that gives me a lot of hope! Thank you so much for the advice and info, everyone!  :biggrin:

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 04:34:08 AM »
TEs have always been my favorite type.  Something about them is just irresistable.  This a good place to find them!  And...did you make your signature?  It's very pretty! :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 06:33:56 AM »
Some ebay sellers aren't sure how to list condition for ponies and don't know the issues that they have. I hear that it's common for whizzers head to not match her body.
Haircuts and frizzy hair at least can be replaced if you find a nice bodied pony... (If this helps at all, cancer doesn't spread between ponies...)
You'll find them, It'll take time. [For prices most are roughly at least $15 unless it's Bright Eyes or Mimic.] At least if you buy from the arena you know what you're going to get and we're really not out to make huge profits and there's no bidding wars here...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 10:20:06 AM »
As others have said there are a few who are a little prone to having issues - Quackers, Party Time and Gingerbread being the main perpetrators. But you should be fine to track most of the others down in gorgeous condition.

Just be patient - ask your seller lots of questions, ask for multiple pictures and get comfortable with what you consider fixable.

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »
I think the only mint TE I have is Mimic...the rest have head/body mistmatches, regrind or cancer. One of my Whizzers is pretty mint but her eyes aren't shiny anymore.

With TEs it is just patience I think. But they are so gorgeous even if they faults...you can never have too many TEs (but I am completely biased!!!)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Binny

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 03:37:18 PM »
TEs have always been my favorite type.  Something about them is just irresistable.  This a good place to find them!  And...did you make your signature?  It's very pretty! :)

Agreed! And yes I did, thank you!  :blush:

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
I would check the sales forum on these boards. The collectors here are very specific about marks on the ponies, so you really know what you're getting. I wouldn't say it's too too hard to find some good looking TEs here. I have seen pictures of some very pretty ones in even the last couple weeks with very minimal flaws!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal