collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 90010 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #1305 on: July 18, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »
This glue seepage thing.. how can you tell? I have a feeling my Abbey might have it, since when I took her out of the box, there was a small greasy stain on the other side of the cardboard right where her head was.. and my Rochelle had the same thing if I remember correctly. :7

So far they seem fine, tho.. nothing is waxy and their hair falls nicely.. does the hair start to stick together and fall out or rather 'break off' eventually? Or does it just get greasy after a while and you have to wash it every couple of weeks/months?
Sorry I'm such a newb. :<

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 18, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »
I have 11 dolls and three on the way... and I said I'd just get a couple... Whoops!

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1307 on: July 18, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »
All mine Seem to be made in Indonesia and i haven't had a problem but maybe is the climate people are living in affect the glue?

I've only noticed only one of my extra Dotd Frankies has really REALLY Greasy hair but that's about it.

A few of my dolls have sort of waxy/greasy feeling hair (like my wave 1 and DotD Frankie dolls for example) but I don't know if it's the glue seeping problem. I live in SoCal which is arid and hot.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 18, 2012, 03:39:14 PM »
Still no Robecca or Venus in my area, much less Scary Tales!  Has anyone else on the east coast found them?

TheLoveCat

« Reply #1309 on: July 18, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »
Heres a picture of most of my collection, or, half of my bedroom. Dolls not displayed are Operetta and Cupid (i just dont care for them), and my SDCC Ghoulia, who is on the opposite side of the room with my MIB ponies. ^^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Some of my Collection by stircrazysushi, on Flickr

If you look real close you can see the glow in the dark stars on my ceiling. Haha... those are my Fiance's. XD

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1310 on: July 18, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
Still no Robecca or Venus in my area, much less Scary Tales!  Has anyone else on the east coast found them?

No Venus or Robecca in Northwest FL. The Scary Tales were in the back room of my Target, they won't go on shelves until the end of July. But if you have the DPCI (Look on PG 56 of this thread) then you can ask them to get it out if they have it. You can type those numbers into their price-check scanners and show them it is in the store. That's how I got mine :)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 18, 2012, 03:58:11 PM »
My local Target has Scary Tales in the stockroom and is waiting for the store reset to put them out. According to the item finder online, most of the stores in my general area have them in stock as well, though they aren't technically out on shelves yet. Some people have had luck asking about having them pulled from the back and getting them early while other stores are more strict about company policy and won't sell them until the street date (said to be on the 29th).
http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?tcin=&dpci=086-02-0564

Robecca and Venus are nowhere to be found in my neck of the woods, though looking at ebay, a few sellers located in NY and NJ have them in hand so they're getting closer. I went to Target the other night and a few employees were kind enough to check the three signature cases they had waiting to go out for the reset but they were all from the re-release assortment.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:01:18 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 18, 2012, 04:10:39 PM »

No Venus or Robecca in Northwest FL. The Scary Tales were in the back room of my Target, they won't go on shelves until the end of July. But if you have the DPCI (Look on PG 56 of this thread) then you can ask them to get it out if they have it. You can type those numbers into their price-check scanners and show them it is in the store. That's how I got mine :)

I checked that earlier, the scanner said none in the stockroom or on the floor! I think that's awesome, I never knew you could do that, lol it would have come in handy when my boyfriend and I were hunting everywhere for his DC Universe toys last year!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1313 on: July 18, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »
Ewww yuck!  :( I was sooo disappointed when they brought out the case of Scary Tales dolls for me the other day, and it said 'Made in Indonesia' on the side. It was just like here we go again... They all seem fine so far, maybe mattel has had enough complaints to make sure it doesn't happen in the future and that the factories are making better quality heads. :huh:
Yeah, I hope they've fixed the problem, although didn't someone report that the new dolls coming out of China are also having the problem? It's annoying, but can we really expect much better when these things are made by slave labor?

Also, my GB Frankie doesn't seem to be seeping glue. Her hair is nice and dry. It's just that there was a lot of extra glue down in the bottom of her head and I think as I was moving her head around, the barbs on her neck prong broke them loose. They were hard chunks, like little bits of dried up sap or something.

This glue seepage thing.. how can you tell? I have a feeling my Abbey might have it, since when I took her out of the box, there was a small greasy stain on the other side of the cardboard right where her head was.. and my Rochelle had the same thing if I remember correctly. :7

So far they seem fine, tho.. nothing is waxy and their hair falls nicely.. does the hair start to stick together and fall out or rather 'break off' eventually? Or does it just get greasy after a while and you have to wash it every couple of weeks/months?
Sorry I'm such a newb. :<
I was restyling my Home Ick Frankie's hair last night, and it felt kinda waxy, so I washed it in cold water and shampoo, and then maybe half an hour later it was feeling waxy again. I'm pretty sure that's the glue seepage.

I'm not keeping that Frankie, not just because of her hair problems, but also because her left knee refuses to bend at all and I'm afraid I'll break the piece that holds her lower leg to her upper leg if I try and force it. I'm going to tell Mattel and see what they have to say. I think I mentioned that before though, didn't I?

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 18, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »
I bought Nefara just the other day, and I want MOOORE!

My right now WANTS (except from venus, Robecca and Scary Tales)

Toralei
Lagoona I WANT YOU SO BADLY
School's out Cleo

I'm getting obsessed

Adoptable made by me

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 18, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
pukunui, thanks for explaining the glue seepage issue! I'm sorry you have it in some of your dolls. :C
My two do not seem to have it like that tho.. YET. I just wonder where that grease stain in the box came from.... oO

I'm getting obsessed

Hahaha, same here! I had three for so long.. and now I bought Abbey, and have Toralei + M&P on the way to me. Oh, and sig Lala.
And I want ST Clawdeen or.. well, ANY Clawdeen if I cannot get her.
After that I have to stop, tho.. :B

For there's still a few CAMs I want to make and I cannot have THAT many dolls, PONIES and Kaiju are my main focus! I have to focus! HNNNNNG. :E
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:29:03 PM by Fräulein_Kim »

Kafrizzle

« Reply #1316 on: July 18, 2012, 04:32:55 PM »
"I'm only going to buy one doll."

:lookround:

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »
I'm not keeping that Frankie, not just because of her hair problems, but also because her left knee refuses to bend at all and I'm afraid I'll break the piece that holds her lower leg to her upper leg if I try and force it. I'm going to tell Mattel and see what they have to say. I think I mentioned that before though, didn't I?

My Killer Style Frankie has the same problem with her leg. If I'm photographing her and the photo NEEDS for her to bend it, I'll do it. I think as long as you do it slowly and not all the time, it's fine, but it gets really annoying. It's a good thing it's only her right leg.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1318 on: July 18, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »
"I'm only going to buy one doll."
LOL!

I was originally only going to get Frankie and Nefera, and I ended up buying a whole horde of dolls I never intended to buy (some of them I only bought for their outfits, though, and I ended up selling them nude).

I can't wait for my original Frankie, RM Frankie, and Powder Room Lala to arrive from the States! Once they get here, then I'll just be looking for the I Heart Fashion girls and DT Lagoona and that'll be it for me for a good long while. (I'd like Jinafire and Widowna, but I'm guessing they won't be out till next year sometime ... oh and Gil too, but that's a serious pipe dream at this point.)

My Killer Style Frankie has the same problem with her leg. If I'm photographing her and the photo NEEDS for her to bend it, I'll do it. I think as long as you do it slowly and not all the time, it's fine, but it gets really annoying. It's a good thing it's only her right leg.
Mine won't bend *at all*. It's truly jammed. In fact, I think I've already stretched/bent the peg a bit trying to make it bend. I wonder if maybe a bit of WD-40 would help. LOL.

I thought about just swapping heads with my wave 2 Frankie with the broken arm, but I can't get the broken piece of arm peg out of that one's arm socket, and in fact I cracked the two pieces of her arm apart slightly trying to get it out, so that one is well and truly just practice fodder now.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:45:53 PM by pukunui »

Rococo

« Reply #1319 on: July 18, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »
My first wave Lagoona has a bum arm at the elbow/upper arm. If I try to move the arm at her articulation point, the seam cracks a little bit more each time. I don't even try pose that arm now, it just sits pretty next to her thigh. :p

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal