collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 90224 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #1290 on: July 18, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »
I just counted my ghouls and I have 38... 33 regular releases and 5 CaMs. But that is not counting the ones that are on their way to me, or stashed as birthday presents XD

It seems like a lot to me, but I guess it's not too bad for collecting for a year and a bit! I try to be selective and buy just the dolls I really love, but I really love so many of them, so....  ^^;

This is the photo I took on my one-year MH anniversary:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need to take updated pics  ^.^ Would love to see more photos of whole collections/giant group shots!!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1291 on: July 18, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »
I have 11 dolls, including my newest one:
DEAD TIRED LAGOONA! Oh yeah baby! With her hydration station! I went to TRU today doing my rounds, looking for Venus and Robecca, and I am just La,La,La, "Oh look, they got the Dot Dead Gorgeous girls in...." La la la... New Skull Shores? Oh darn.... La la la And then it was like in the movies SCREECH! Halt! OMG OMG OMG Is that a? Is she really! A HYDRATION STATION!  I was almost in tears! This is my GRAIL!

Also picked up the Scary Tales dolls for a friend today, check out the pic spam thread if you want to see them.

They also had DT Clawdeen and her bunk beds (I want that too.... ohh.... money...)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 18, 2012, 01:39:26 PM »
Zombelina: I love the group shot! They look so pretty all together. ^^

Wah, congrats rayedelsol! Must be neat finding your ultimate grail.. in person.. IN STORE! *V*
And congrats on the ST girls too.. heading over to picspam ASAP! :heart:

Oh, ST Clawdeen.. will I ever own you? ;^;

sugar_apple

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1293 on: July 18, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »
Zombelina, that's an awesome looking collection :)

I currently have 6 MH dolls (just got DotD Clawdeen in the mail yesterday <3) + one doll on the way... so not that many yet  :P (waiting for Robecca to become available somewhere, gahhh need her!! ST Lala is also really pretty, IMO... as if I would ever get her, lol)

I want to see more pictures of everyone's doll collections  :P

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 18, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »
I have *paus for effect* .... 8 dolls! XP
I'm a picky collector and I rather get clothes for the ones I already have than yet another doll. Crazy I know! ;) Still I can foretell a slight increase of dolls joining my collection this coming year. O__o

One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 18, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »
I've been meaning to take an updated collection pic and i'll do so when I get home. For as many dolls as I have, they really only take up a small section of the room. I found some great shelving/storage things at Michael's that make putting them away nicely much much easier. So they're a lot more organized now.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 18, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »
I have close to 50 dolls now I think.  I recently photographed them all, and uploaded to photobucket.  some are in stock, some are in fashion packs, and some are in random stuff I've bought for em :)

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j65/beckyeckyecky/monster%20high/
looking into a re-branding.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1297 on: July 18, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »
Zombelina: I love the group shot! They look so pretty all together. ^^

Wah, congrats rayedelsol! Must be neat finding your ultimate grail.. in person.. IN STORE! *V*
And congrats on the ST girls too.. heading over to picspam ASAP! :heart:

Oh, ST Clawdeen.. will I ever own you? ;^;

It was so amazing to find her in the store. I never thought I would see her. I think I even said out loud "Oh My God" and I KNOW in my head it was more like OMFG repeatedly! I never thought a doll/playset would make me this happy, but this is truly a grail find! Thanks for sharing my joy with me!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 18, 2012, 02:04:01 PM »
I have *paus for effect* .... 8 dolls! XP
I'm a picky collector and I rather get clothes for the ones I already have than yet another doll. Crazy I know! ;) Still I can foretell a slight increase of dolls joining my collection this coming year. O__o

This is what I do. :D I get the version of the doll I want the most and just switch clothes. There are a few exceptions though.

EDIT: Also, I just can't keep my girls in their stock outfits. I'm obviously the play with them type of collector I guess. DX
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:06:21 PM by aellos »

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 18, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
btw - totally annoyed that roller derby lagoona comes with this uber cute hair style that her helmet won't fit over :(

*grumps*
looking into a re-branding.

Rococo

« Reply #1300 on: July 18, 2012, 02:23:49 PM »
I have 27 dolls, one of which is an extra wave 1 Frankie. Now just waiting for the release of the lovely Scaris Nights Rochelle, Caterine, and maybe Robecca.

Offline pukunui

• And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1301 on: July 18, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
I have 16 that I am keeping plus three more on the way (original Frankie, RM Frankie and Powder Room Lala). I technically have a bunch more, but I'm selling them nude. Mattel is also going to be replacing my messed up MS Lagoona, but I don't know what with yet. If it's something I've already got, I'll probably sell it.

I need to take a new group photo. My collection has more than doubled since the last one. There's no way I'm going to be able to get them all out of the house on a photoshoot this time, though, so I'll have to just take a basic snapshot at home.

On another note, I was considering keeping my Home Ick Frankie, and I even spent a good hour last night trimming her hair short. It looks great, but in the process I discovered that not only is her hair quite thin on top but it also unfortunately seems to have a bad case of the glue seepage (her hair was kinda waxy, so I washed it in cold water with shampoo and maybe half an hour later it was feeling waxy again). On top of that, her right hand has some kind of stain on it and her left knee won't bend at all. I think I'm going to see if Mattel will replace this one as well, although they might not since I've cut her hair.

On a related note, I was also having a look at my GB Frankie and I heard something rattling around in her head, so I pulled it off, thinking that maybe that prong thing had broken, but it turned out to be a bunch of loose pieces of glue.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:09:41 PM by pukunui »

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 18, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »
On a related note, I was also having a look at my GB Frankie and I heard something rattling around in her head, so I pulled it off, thinking that maybe that prong thing had broken, but it turned out to be a bunch of loose pieces of glue.
Ewww yuck!  :( I was sooo disappointed when they brought out the case of Scary Tales dolls for me the other day, and it said 'Made in Indonesia' on the side. It was just like here we go again... They all seem fine so far, maybe mattel has had enough complaints to make sure it doesn't happen in the future and that the factories are making better quality heads. :huh:

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #1303 on: July 18, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »
Ewww yuck!  :( I was sooo disappointed when they brought out the case of Scary Tales dolls for me the other day, and it said 'Made in Indonesia' on the side. It was just like here we go again... They all seem fine so far, maybe mattel has had enough complaints to make sure it doesn't happen in the future and that the factories are making better quality heads. :huh:

we can only hope they've learned something from the complaints by now...there's no way that they can't know about the glue problem at this point, if the ST dolls end up with that problem there's no excuse for it

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1304 on: July 18, 2012, 02:55:53 PM »
All mine Seem to be made in Indonesia and i haven't had a problem but maybe is the climate people are living in affect the glue?

I've only noticed only one of my extra Dotd Frankies has really REALLY Greasy hair but that's about it.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal