collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 89783 times)

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #1275 on: July 18, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
....nooooo. While redressing Toralei (Operetta's borrowing her fashion pack top for ANTM) my fiance noticed her left hand has a lot of extra plastic hanging out of the joint, and it doesn't sit in the arm right. I'm gonna be devistated if she breaks, because I can't afford to get a new one of her with how expensive she is (I got mine, loose and not complete for like $30 after shipping). Damn you Mattel ;o;

When i got my Rochelle she had loads of extra plastic hanging out of the back of her knee joint and her legs just fine, i just carefully pulled it off, hopefully your Tora is ok!

14 dolls currently and the CAM Gargoyle i got the other day, the vampire is in storage in pieces because i have no nice clothes for him yet (Plus his face is kind of creepy :blink:)

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 18, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
I have 37 dolls (with hopefully 2 more tomorrow) :) Not too bad I think, considering I don't limit myself to certain lines or only one of each doll. My only restraint is budget x)
I have the same amount of dolls on my 'absolutely must have' list though...
:heart:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 18, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »
Yes, my Abbey had the loose plastic issue on her wrist as well, I did just like LiquidCyanide has said as well, I carefully peeled it off and she seems to be fine now. :>

(my only peeve is that she is the second release for I originally thought I'd like her better than the first. Now I'm not so sure... meeeh. :<
I'll probably try to get a nude first release from ebay, see which one I like better in person and then sell off the other one. AGH MH, why must you make it so hard on me with all that re-releases and re-designs.. :E)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 18, 2012, 12:27:17 PM »
I should have clarified that it's stuck in there pretty good and my fiance isn't all that keen on trying to remove it to potentially harm the hand (and he's very confident with fixing toys). I'm just gonna be extra careful with my little kitty, she was my first doll ;o;

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 18, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »
Ah ok, dang.. that sounds like an issue indeed. :/
I hope it's not too noticeable on display?

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 18, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »
Yes, my Abbey had the loose plastic issue on her wrist as well, I did just like LiquidCyanide has said as well, I carefully peeled it off and she seems to be fine now. :>

(my only peeve is that she is the second release for I originally thought I'd like her better than the first. Now I'm not so sure... meeeh. :<
I'll probably try to get a nude first release from ebay, see which one I like better in person and then sell off the other one. AGH MH, why must you make it so hard on me with all that re-releases and re-designs.. :E)

Eep i know how that feels i have a second edition Abbey too and manage to convince myself every so often i like the first editions better. I've seen the first edition in person several times and never picked her up. To me she looks more like webisode Abbey but i don't think she's as pretty, currently i'm happy with my second edition Abbey but i'm annoyingly indecisive  :lol:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 18, 2012, 12:41:27 PM »
Nah, It's not noticeable unless you're looking at her real close. Only thing I'm worried about is pulling the hands on and off, haha.

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 18, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »
Nah, It's not noticeable unless you're looking at her real close. Only thing I'm worried about is pulling the hands on and off, haha.

Maybe Mattel would replace just her hands/arms if they ever did break? i know you can buy hands/arms from them, not sure about Toralei's though since she's kind of newish  :huh:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 18, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »
Eep i know how that feels i have a second edition Abbey too and manage to convince myself every so often i like the first editions better. I've seen the first edition in person several times and never picked her up. To me she looks more like webisode Abbey but i don't think she's as pretty, currently i'm happy with my second edition Abbey but i'm annoyingly indecisive  :lol:

AGH! This!! THIS EXACTLY!! xD
I always loved Abbey's artwork, but then when I saw her in stores (1st release) for the first time, I was incredibly thrown off by her face and thought she was ugly and disappointing..! :<
Then I saw the second release and thought I'd like her better.. but now that I have her on my shelf I am not suuuuuuuure. xD

I guess I really have to get both and compare them for a while.. LOL.

(btw I just posted a new thread asking for others pictures of Abbey to help me find out. Haha.. maybe it's of interest for you as well? ;D)

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 18, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

AGH! This!! THIS EXACTLY!! xD
I always loved Abbey's artwork, but then when I saw her in stores (1st release) for the first time, I was incredibly thrown off by her face and thought she was ugly and disappointing..! :<
Then I saw the second release and thought I'd like her better.. but now that I have her on my shelf I am not suuuuuuuure. xD

I guess I really have to get both and compare them for a while.. LOL.

(btw I just posted a new thread asking for others pictures of Abbey to help me find out. Haha.. maybe it's of interest for you as well? ;D)

Haha i'll check it out, i just hope it doesn't change my mind again  :lol:

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 18, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
My daughter has 31 dolls....and about 8 more that are put away for her birthday & Christmas....of course, we all know the secret stash will grow by the end of the year!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »
My daughter has 31 dolls....and about 8 more that are put away for her birthday & Christmas....of course, we all know the secret stash will grow by the end of the year!

Warning! This was me last year and look at where it got me :D

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 18, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
I don't know if we're all counting MH dolls or our entire dolly collection, so I counted both.

I have around 19 dolls, but I may be missing a few. And as for MH, I only have 5 :C
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1288 on: July 18, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »
I have 80ish + the 10 or so my sister has + a few cams i havent put together and counted yet

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1289 on: July 18, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »
My collection is out of control I have a 150+ dolls but thats including all my CAMs and Customs, But NOT including the ones i have in the mail.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal