collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 90143 times)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #1080 on: July 16, 2012, 09:18:10 AM »
Congrats to Rhini and Airiel for finding the Scary Tales dolls! :)

With Target, I've had mixed luck getting employees to pull cases from the back. There's a younger gentleman who works in the customer service department that will always offer to go look or have someone out back check for me, and I've gotten really lucky with some MH and MLP items that way, but the ladies working there will usually just give me a generic "if it's not out of the shelf, we don't have it" reply. I won't argue about it since it's probably their store policy, so I now try to see who's working before I even bother to ask.

I really hope Venus and Robecca start popping up on the east coast soon. It's driving me nuts knowing they've been released in only one half of the country, lol. I want something to go looking for, I haven't purchased a new doll in months.  :lookround: The fact that they share their DCPI number with about 18 other potential dolls is frustrating though, it makes it so difficult to ask someone what you're looking for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 16, 2012, 09:18:41 AM »
Just for Amenoo:

I'm At A Payphone Trying To Call Home, All Of My Change I Spent On You. by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

Hand Me Your Heart On A Gold Platter. by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

Finished styling Nefera's Hair and here is the result, other pics of her and Howleen restyled are now on the MH pic spam thread!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 16, 2012, 09:21:23 AM »
Oooh, I like how you styled her hair. I love the teal of her hair.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 16, 2012, 09:22:44 AM »
Just for Amenoo:

I'm At A Payphone Trying To Call Home, All Of My Change I Spent On You. by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

Hand Me Your Heart On A Gold Platter. by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

Finished styling Nefera's Hair and here is the result, other pics of her and Howleen restyled are now on the MH pic spam thread!

I NEED to get her hair out of that horrible helmet thingy *O*

Adoptable made by me

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 16, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »
Aellos & Amenoo: Thanks :D

Glad you like her! Took FOREVER to perfect it, so much combing and hot water! XD

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 16, 2012, 09:34:20 AM »
 Ok.  I have my birthday money in hand, and who knows what Caeti would like?  If anyone sees any of these, or knows they can get them for me, please PM me first and let me know...But here is who I am looking for at the moment:

Robecca
Venus
1600 Cupid
Holt
Sig Abbey
Sig Frankie

Those are my main wants, and if anyone knows where they can find them, let me know!  I live in a very small town, so I don't see any other dolls but the ones at walmart, and they don't have them, LOL!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 16, 2012, 09:36:44 AM »
Ok.  I have my birthday money in hand, and who knows what Caeti would like?  If anyone sees any of these, or knows they can get them for me, please PM me first and let me know...But here is who I am looking for at the moment:

Robecca
Venus
1600 Cupid
Holt
Sig Abbey
Sig Frankie

Those are my main wants, and if anyone knows where they can find them, let me know!  I live in a very small town, so I don't see any other dolls but the ones at walmart, and they don't have them, LOL!

I feel your wants, I want Robecca Venus and Holt too, Holt is pretty rare now though :huh:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 16, 2012, 09:37:39 AM »
Congrats to Rhini and Airiel for finding the Scary Tales dolls! :)

With Target, I've had mixed luck getting employees to pull cases from the back. There's a younger gentleman who works in the customer service department that will always offer to go look or have someone out back check for me, and I've gotten really lucky with some MH and MLP items that way, but the ladies working there will usually just give me a generic "if it's not out of the shelf, we don't have it" reply. I won't argue about it since it's probably their store policy, so I now try to see who's working before I even bother to ask.

I really hope Venus and Robecca start popping up on the east coast soon. It's driving me nuts knowing they've been released in only one half of the country, lol. I want something to go looking for, I haven't purchased a new doll in months.  :lookround: The fact that they share their DCPI number with about 18 other potential dolls is frustrating though, it makes it so difficult to ask someone what you're looking for.
I never ask at customer service, I always find an employee in that section or usually electronics right next to it. Customer service people put up with all kinds of crazy requests all day and I think are probably apt to just say no, whereas most employees I find on the floor just look bored and are like sure why not XD

And arghgh I know! :( Here in MO, being in the middle of the country it takes longer for shipments to reach us since there are no ports anywhere remotely close. Plus for some odd reason the Ill stores get stuff before we do. I can go to one store in MO where they have nothing, and cross the river into Ill and all of a sudden poof! Toys everywhere! It's real annoying. And while I understand why they do the dpci etc numbers the way they do, it helps the retailer a lot more than the customer. Darnit I don't want to be patient! >.<

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 16, 2012, 09:39:42 AM »
I feel terrible for all those 1600 Clawdeens. She's the prettiest Clawdeen in my opinion, but no one buys her because of that boyish outfit they put her in!

I like her outfit.  She looks like she should be in an '80s Prince video lol!

I really don't get why people don't like that outfit. I think it's Clawdeen's best outfit and it's 1000 times better than that purple and neon green strange parachute pants outfit that just came out for her.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 16, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »
I feel terrible for all those 1600 Clawdeens. She's the prettiest Clawdeen in my opinion, but no one buys her because of that boyish outfit they put her in!

I like her outfit.  She looks like she should be in an '80s Prince video lol!

I really don't get why people don't like that outfit. I think it's Clawdeen's best outfit and it's 1000 times better than that purple and neon green strange parachute pants outfit that just came out for her.

I like that version of Clawdeen too, she really stood out to me in a good way when the prototypes first leaked. The Sweet 1600 dolls weren't really my cup of tea as a whole, but I think she was my favorite out of that set. I consider Clawdeen to be a rather feminine character and I like that they went a little outside the box and gave her a suit, it shows you can still be girly outside of a big froofy dress. :) I think someday down the line Clawdeen will likely get a party dress in an upcoming line since her pants ensembles don't seem to be going over well, but I for one really love her tux.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:05:10 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 16, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »
Toys usually don't have a hard release date like DVDs or games but when new stuff is not meant to come out until they reset the aisles (since technically there really isn't a place for it yet) they keep it in the back. Like the back to school stuff was probably trickling in even before they started to reset the aisles but they couldn't place it out until they got the summer stuff out of the way. My guess is toys are set to reset around the 29th so maybe that is also when we will see new pony stuff.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 16, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »
I sometimes get toys with hard street dates, but it'll say on the box itself what the date is. It's usually stuff like new movie tie-ins (ie the new Spider Man stuff) or Transformers toys. I don't usually get dolls with a hard street date. SOMETIMES though, if TRU is having a HUGE SALE OMG THIS IS AWESOME type of sale they will tell us to put a hold on those items until the sale date. We've done it on skylanders stuff on several occasions, and sometimes we'll do it on other stuff. But, TRU's 'find in store' thing is different from Target's. IT doesn't actually check store inventory, but rather it just sees what stores are SUPPOSED to carry an item. I don't know how many time's I've had a guest come in asking for an item we haven't had for months and had them go "But the website said you carried it! *whine*" Either that or they'll just see that the item is 'sold in stores' and assume that EVERY store carries the item. I've had someone ask me for a New York Giant's souvenir type of item... This is Texas dude. Why would we sell that?

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 16, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »
Be ready on the 23rd for Scarah Screams!!!

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2012/07/16/2012-san-diego-comic-con-after-party-sale-starts-723/

Looks like the rep who called was wrong about SS not being for sale.....a few others were told the same thing....but now I'm excited!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:10:57 PM by dinobuzz »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 16, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
Holy crap my Walmart is DROWNING in 1600 Frankie, Lala & Clawdeen, Operetta, Abbey and Nefera.. o__o; I was freaking out hoping I'd somehow find Lagoona in that pile but nope..
The pony area has been empty for AGES so I'm hoping there's at least new pony merch soon.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 16, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
Somebody on that site has their time zones mixed up; if the sale begins 9am PT (pacific) it's 6 am ET (eastern), not noon >_<

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal