collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 89892 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #765 on: July 13, 2012, 10:01:36 AM »
No comment on the superheroes.. lol... but I do have some good news for all the poor folks!

http://gorygazette.tumblr.com/post/27128134188/monster-voodoo-runs-wild-for-contest-it-wouldnt

If you have a tumblr, reblog that post and you are entered to win one of 5 Scarah/Hoodudes! One reblog per person and make sure the rules are on there!

Edit:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spectra still looks AWFUL... but the outfits look better in this image than the promo shot.. but um... not looking forward to them. Also they are apparently Target exclusives -hides-

Yeah.....as much as I LOVE the whole super heroine idea..I think I'm going to have to pass on that Spectra...I like her outfit (well, the dress and shoes anyway), but they should give her a mask as an accessory, not paint a big pink block on her face >_>

Hehe, late to this convo, but I think the reason why it seems like terrible retail workers are a plenty because they tend to stand out in our mind. Or maybe we've had a bad day and what seems like a bad worker, isn't so much.

But whatever the reason, just remember, there are those of us who are nice! :D We're just overshadowed by the not so nice ones.

I've actually had no problems with employees outside of a bit of miscommunication. Heck, I even had one who went out of her way for me. Sadly the doll I wanted wasn't there, but we tried! :D

And I kiiiinda like those superheroines...sorta?

Aw, aellos (and granzkitter) I know that not all retail employees are that bad. It's just that the over the phone conversations that I've had with some of them haven't exactly instilled confidence. And there's been more then one occurrence where I went to the store anyway and what I was told wasn't there was sitting on the shelf plain as day. I've had good experiences too...as much as I don't like TRU's price mark ups, the employees at the stores in the ann arbor/canton area have been really helpful to my boyfriend and I when we've stopped by.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 13, 2012, 10:02:25 AM »
I'm certainly not trying to imply everyone who works in retail is lazy because that's definitely not the case, but I've had so many bad experiences that I just make it a habit of going and double checking myself even if they tell me they don't have it. I know as collector's we're very tapped into and invested in the lines and the average employee isn't, so it's very easy for them to get confused or not realize what item I'm talking about.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 13, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
Question!

I lucked across 3 geniune Moxie Teen wigs in our Pound Shop, will these fit MH, or should I sell them on while they're still MIB?

If you have an idea on how to use them, keep 'em. But if you don't, sell the wigs!

Facebook just updated with Wonder Wolf and Polterghoul

Clawdeen doesn't really scream 'super hero' but I do like her :D

As for Spectra though...  :bolt: The pink-chain-cape-thing has to go, and I think they should change the boots too. They just look like heeled rainboots to me. I do like the pink streak across her face. I do like the dress though :3
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 13, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »
Love the boots on the supergirls (especially Spectra's) but the outfits, especially Spectra's, just not crazy about, especially the chain-cape thing.

Dibbles

« Reply #769 on: July 13, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
I'm certainly not trying to imply everyone who works in retail is lazy because that's definitely not the case, but I've had so many bad experiences that I just make it a habit of going and double checking myself even if they tell me they don't have it. I know as collector's we're very tapped into and invested in the lines and the average employee isn't, so it's very easy for them to get confused or not realize what item I'm talking about.

No worries. I mean, most retail employees are not toy collectors like I am. One of my bosses said to me (while I was in the toys), "Sam, you're always in the toys. Is it just a happy place?" "Yes," I replied.

As for Moxie Teenz wigs - I'm an MT collector and I HATE the wigs. They don't stay on. Sell them.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #770 on: July 13, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »
i need the boots...but in general, I'm not in love. I wish they had been more true to the comic heroines...but maybe they had issues getting a mashup agreement

but the boots. i need the boots

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 13, 2012, 10:10:55 AM »
I like the superheroes, but I'll probably pass them up. I only really want one of each character, so I would've liked it better if they made new characters. But who knows.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 13, 2012, 10:12:50 AM »
There are a lot of retail workers that are good and some that are bad. It all comes down to who you ask. Sometimes I always get people who will go out of their way to help me, and then there are some that act like just because they have a job, all they have to do is be there and just look busy.

As for the Super-heroines....I don't like them...why couldn't they just make those as the exclusives?? Since they match the theme more than Scarah would.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 13, 2012, 10:19:30 AM »

No worries. I mean, most retail employees are not toy collectors like I am. One of my bosses said to me (while I was in the toys), "Sam, you're always in the toys. Is it just a happy place?" "Yes," I replied.

As for Moxie Teenz wigs - I'm an MT collector and I HATE the wigs. They don't stay on. Sell them.
Hehe it would be my happy place too!  :biggrin: When I worked at Best Buy, I always got stuck working in the printers section. NOT my happy place XD

Hmm they revealed the SDCC exclusive bag and it has invisibilly and slow moe on it. Tomorrows reveal or coincidence? I'm still hoping its Wydona personally.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 13, 2012, 10:23:53 AM »
As for the super hero dolls, I really like Spectra's make up, but other then that she reminds me of Banshee from X-men. And Clawdeen just looks like she's weilding a trash can lid in a bathing suit. It's not what I imagined for super hero style compared to Ghoulia's. There should be more mystery in the face and outfits. Yes yes I know there are many super heroes that can go around without a mask and never be identified (Superman comes to mind the most), but that's not the point here.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 13, 2012, 10:29:58 AM »
Yay! Got Venus and Robecca!

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 13, 2012, 10:36:25 AM »
Yeah, good and bad employees aside, I never trust my hunting to a phone call simply b/c I know what I'm after b/c I collect it, they probably don't and as a result are less likely to know "EXACTLY" what I'm talking about.  Fun story, just the other night at Walmart, my checker was like "Monster High...I've never heard of that.  (Then next checker over) Oh my granddaughter LOVES those!  I just bought her the cotton candy one for her birthday, and she has the one that you put in the slime container too!"  It was really sweet, they asked me if it was a gift or collecting, and they were very sweet, but obviously not that "into" the toys lol.

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 13, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »
Yeah, good and bad employees aside, I never trust my hunting to a phone call simply b/c I know what I'm after b/c I collect it, they probably don't and as a result are less likely to know "EXACTLY" what I'm talking about.  Fun story, just the other night at Walmart, my checker was like "Monster High...I've never heard of that.  (Then next checker over) Oh my granddaughter LOVES those!  I just bought her the cotton candy one for her birthday, and she has the one that you put in the slime container too!"  It was really sweet, they asked me if it was a gift or collecting, and they were very sweet, but obviously not that "into" the toys lol.
Yep! :) This reminds me of when I bought physical deaducation Ghoulia, the checkout line was really long and this random lady started talking to me about her XD She seemed really interested in the line so I told her quite a bit about them. Another time i was getting some dead tired dolls and the lady checking out in front of me was like oh is that those dead tired dolls! She knew the name but really nothign else about them.

The TRU employees on the other hand all know waay more than they'd like about them just because they get so many calls/questions XD

Dibbles

« Reply #778 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:09 AM »

Hehe it would be my happy place too!  :biggrin: When I worked at Best Buy, I always got stuck working in the printers section. NOT my happy place XD

Hmm they revealed the SDCC exclusive bag and it has invisibilly and slow moe on it. Tomorrows reveal or coincidence? I'm still hoping its Wydona personally.

Recently, I was working up at the Guest Service desk, and the phone operator said on the walkie, "Toys, you have a call on 2281 about...My...Pony...camping set." I replied. "I can tell you right now for a fact that we don't have it back there." This is what happens when you DON'T work in the toys but you're back there EVERY FREAKING DAY. XD

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 13, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »

Nah. :D I'm not really defending workers, rather than giving you hope that their are good ones.
What sucks is that now that I've been in retail, it makes the bad customer service experiences even WORSE. It's like, it's easy to be nice, why can't you?

Though I always used to get annoyed when I asked if they had something in the back room and they'd automatically say no, but now working we're supposed to say that. It does stink though. DX

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal