collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 90061 times)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #330 on: July 08, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »
@dragonlady: Did you make those dresses? They're awesome - I just love Ghoulias!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 08, 2012, 06:59:04 PM »
SwordPony: OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Does that seller have any more of those for sale? I love polka dots!

P.S. guys, Challenge 3 of America's Next Top Monster is up:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,301768.0.html

And so is Nefera DeNile's Morgue Italia photoshoot:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,301764.0.html

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 08, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
SwordPony: OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Does that seller have any more of those for sale? I love polka dots!

I'm afraid not. I got the only one in this fabric. I think they are going to make more but not in the polka dots.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 08, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »
@dragonlady: Did you make those dresses? They're awesome - I just love Ghoulias!

Yes I did, thank you for the compliment:) Ghoulia's is my favorite as well. (They are for sale, just click on the link in my sig)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 08, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »
I'm officially in love with Spectra! She's so pretty in person. Is her hair made out of a different material? It seems so much fluffier/ wispier than the other ghouls'. Also, Rhuen refuses to stand, and I can see the faintest hints of those white marks that stretched plastic gets. I obviously don't want to ruin her, but how else can I make her stable?
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #335 on: July 08, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »
I loooove those dresses, dragonlady. They're just so perfectly Monster High :D Ghoulia definitely looks the most fab!

Got back from Target and they didn't have anything on clearance yet (of course), but I wasn't going to leave Operetta's fashion pack behind again so I nabbed it. In the aisle I met the most adorable little boy, he was very polite and thanked me for moving out of the way so he could point at the dolls and show his adult female companion "Look, there's the pack of all the Gloom Beach ones!" ;_; So kawaii

I have a bit of a noob question. How does Signature Lagoona's flower attach to her head? Is it sewn on? If I removed it, would I be able to reattach it?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 08, 2012, 07:32:49 PM »
saply: Lagoona's flower is constructed sort of like a closepin, only there isn't any way to really tighten it on her hair like a clip. You can just slip it in her hair and hope it stays put. If you get her out of the box, it's probably held on with a thin clear elastic.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 08, 2012, 07:36:28 PM »
dragonlady that picture is ADORABLE! and it looks JUST like a real abercrombie ad with the hint of something "just not right about it" lol (lala's hand lol)
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #338 on: July 08, 2012, 07:40:20 PM »
saply: Lagoona's flower is constructed sort of like a closepin, only there isn't any way to really tighten it on her hair like a clip. You can just slip it in her hair and hope it stays put. If you get her out of the box, it's probably held on with a thin clear elastic.
All right, thanks! That's good, I was worried it was permanently attached or something.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #339 on: July 08, 2012, 07:40:39 PM »
Brag time! Plus a very long story to go with it...

My sister and I wanted to head to TRU today (MLP BOGO- and we wanted to see if there were Wave 3 blindbags to be found) so we did this afternoon. The first TRU had zip blindbags, but we always check the MH section now. So we headed over to another TRU... they had the right Wave of blindbags, but no Big Mac (the only one we wanted!). We checked the MH section there, too. In total, we saw:
- All of the Ghouls Rule ghouls
- CAMs (witch/werecat, gargoyle/vamp boy, seamonster/vamp, bee, skeleton, 3-eyed ghoul)
- Cupids (the one with the diary- I don't think that's the 1600 one)
- SS Frankie, LaLa, Ghoulia, and Abbey (and the 5 pack!)
- 1600 Frankie (maybe Clawdeen- can't remember which version of her)
- Both of the I <3 Fashion girls
- Some sort of LaLa, Clawdeen, and Spectra (not sure which versions they were)
- Hydration Station
- LaLa's powder room w/ doll
- Ghoulia's scooter (some with, some without doll)
- Clawdeen's bed
- Cleo's vanity set
- various plushes/ nail polishes/ misc. junk

OMG OMG OMG OMG! The hydration station!! I want that soooooo bad!! That was at TRU? But my TRU stinks so bad........ *whiny voice*

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #340 on: July 08, 2012, 08:12:33 PM »
I'm officially in love with Spectra! She's so pretty in person. Is her hair made out of a different material? It seems so much fluffier/ wispier than the other ghouls'. Also, Rhuen refuses to stand, and I can see the faintest hints of those white marks that stretched plastic gets. I obviously don't want to ruin her, but how else can I make her stable?

Spectra's hair is kanekalon and not saran like most of the other girls. Newer releases of Ghoulia (including later releases of wave 1 Ghoulia) also use kanekalon which gives it that wispy, fluffy look and feel.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #341 on: July 08, 2012, 08:26:54 PM »

Spectra's hair is kanekalon and not saran like most of the other girls. Newer releases of Ghoulia (including later releases of wave 1 Ghoulia) also use kanekalon which gives it that wispy, fluffy look and feel.

Nothing has made me want a Ghoulia, except this. I am in love with Spectra's hair, and for another doll with the same hair.... I might get over my disdain for Ghoulia [nothing personal to the ghoul, she is just EVERYWHERE in her SS form, and I get tired of seeing her.....]

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #342 on: July 08, 2012, 08:37:21 PM »
The Scary Tales dolls are not available yet.  The person who has them in hand, got them from directly from Mattel to review, or something like that.  Don't kill yourself searching for them (yet :lol:)

I see thanks, I got exited wit the pics.

The idea is very good  :lol: I hope to get the chance for them.

I just got back from Target and they had the car and the plush dolls on clearance for $11.48

I found a car that had a cutout of Clawd sitting in the passenger seat. I wonder when that one was released? It's the first time I've seen it.

If you mention the big store cardboard ones, then I did saw a display last year in a  store.

They had Cleo, Franky, Clawd and Draculaura and some of the coffin lockers, however I forgot to take a pic  and I haven't seem them again since.  >_<
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:39:27 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #343 on: July 08, 2012, 08:43:31 PM »
Anyone Else save those clear thin elastics?
I have a cup full i save to secure the accessories on and what not, they are a lifesaver for not loosing those tiny pieces like lagoona's fins.

I started saving them when i first started collecting the newest littlest pet shops, then done day I accidentally dumped it into the trash with out realizing and I was so mad at myself lol. But now i have it in a cup with a lid so that doesn't happen again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 08, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »
Anyone Else save those clear thin elastics?
I have a cup full i save to secure the accessories on and what not, they are a lifesaver for not loosing those tiny pieces like lagoona's fins.

I try to save those too, they always seem to come in handy somewhere down the line. :) I like having them around for securing things like Lagoona's leg fins, Operetta's mask, and anything tiny, like rings, that I can pretty much kiss goodbye if one were to ever fall someplace.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal