collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 90171 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »
Hope you all don't mind a bit of MH picture spam!  I've been playing around with outfits today and I wanted to show them off.  A mini fashion show if you will..

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The trio, Purrsia, Spectra, and Cupid.

Purrsia is wearing the shirt from Abbey's fashion pack.  The skirt I made myself a while back.  And the belt is just an old My Little Pony ribbon.  ;)  She is shoeless for two reasons:  One, I like seeing her feet, makes her more feline to me.  And two, she was in a house without power for nearly a week in this heat and humidity.  The paint on her feet had become sticky. 

Cupid is wearing a little assortment of items.  The ghost CAM dress, the belt from the witch CAM set, SS Abbey's shoes, and her own wings.  Different, but I think it works!  Though, my fashion sense is often lacking.  LOL!

Spectra, ah how I still love this doll!  She is wearing her fashion pack dress as a top, and the dress from Abbey's fashion pack as well as the black wrap and shoes from that set.  Her earrings are a custom pair from Texas Gal.  Spectra & Abbey's fashions mix so well! 

So, what do you guys think of them?  I had a lot of fun mixing and matching!  But I'd love some other opinions, I never trust mine.  :P  lol!

Post Merge: July 07, 2012, 10:00:31 AM

You hee. Sorry, messing with hot glue. But yeah, my cat girl definately has lighter forearms/torso. I noticed it a while back.

Thanks!   I was wondering about this for some time.  I guess that is just how they were made then.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2012, 10:04:27 AM »
There's never anything wrong with some picspam! (I think I'll stick some of my own at the end of this post, hehe)

I love those outfits... the one you threw together for Spectra is my favorite... and you can never go wrong with the Ghost CAM dress, haha. I need for my Wave 1 Draculaura to get delivered and my Day at the Maul fashion pack to get here on Wednesday so I can do a bit more outfit swapping, haha. Least I have Operetta's pants free at the moment. >________>; Good thing I love her fashion pack.. since I can leave her in that for a while XD

Operetta - 013 by piichihime, on Flickr

...Operetta was channeling her "I don't care, leave me alone. Now." attitude. Um.. I think ANTM has already gone to her head... /sigh. She's also gone hipster with these filters!

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #197 on: July 07, 2012, 10:43:10 AM »
I didn't like scarah at first either, but I think it's adorable that she comes with Hoodude. Though I'm sure I wont be able to get my hands on one... I would love one.

when do they start popping up, like a day after con is over?

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 07, 2012, 10:45:48 AM »
Operetta looks fierce!

Does anyone have pictures of their Ghouls rule dolls?  I'd especially love to see pictures of shoes and Cleo's earrings if she has any.

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 07, 2012, 10:53:29 AM »
My fiance got his second doll today, a re-release School's Out Frankie... that we're waiting for the eBay seller to contact us back on because he just bubble wrapped (not well) the box and wrapped it in brown paper and tossed it in the mail... which smashed it up real good. Thankfully the doll was fine (I was terrified he was gonna pull her out of the box and a leg was gonna be cracked), but ugh. Just reasons why I hate people... it did not cost $10 to ship that. Especially when I think he fudged the weight to be able to ship it First Class :|.

I'm still waiting on my Draculaura... it's gonna be one of those darn FedEx days where they get here as the last delivery (we've had a Walmart.com delivery get here, literally as the clocked ticked over for them to be done for the day). Ugh, I hope she's okay so my fiance gets two dolls today (he's either getting my SS Lala, or this one.. :3)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
love their outfits, wystearya! i think switching up the girls' wardrobes is what makes monster high so fun :D

Post Merge: July 07, 2012, 11:03:48 AM

Sneak peak photos of Scarah and Hoodude:
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2012/07/san-diego-comic-con-2012-sneak-peek.html
I don't know how I feel about Scarah herself, but I LOVE her outfit! I hope Mattel releases MH-friendly fashion packs of more "generic"-type clothing in the future. :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:03:48 AM by saply »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »
Thankies :D Decided to call her Tabitha instead, I was looking for names for my witch cam and Tabitha just suits her so much better! Still not found a name for my witch though ...

Loving her look and Tabitha is a purrfect name for her!  <3

Since you also have the CAM kitty, I want to ask you something.  Are her upper limbs (upper arms and upper legs) a slight shade lighter than the lower limbs?  Mine is like this, and I was wondering if that is just how they were made.

Thanks!!   

PS- Purrsia thinks Tabitha must be her long lost sibling.  ;) 

Yep definitely a few shades lighter, which kind of irks me but it's not too bad. 

I reckon Purrsia and Tabitha are at least cousins... :D I love the outfits too, really suits all of them! I love mixing and matching their different clothes, I also have accumulated quite a lot of Bratz stuff which works quite well.

Aaaand did someone say picspam?

Tabitha -

Willow (Yes I finally decided on a name!!!) -

Moon -

Frankie & Tabitha

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Alicat

« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
Wystearya,   Ohhh, That re-root is to DIE FOR!!!!!! I want that cat!!

Pink, I LOVE the name Willow for the witch!! and Moon is lovely!

Icicle, Operetta looks fabulous!

So , I have two brags today for myself: first , I found that awesome blue and blonde Liv wig at Wal-Mart yesterday! Excited dance!!!

and second: I snagged a Signature Abbey at Kmart today for $20.49!! OMGOODNESS!!!

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2012, 11:25:40 AM »
Sneak peak photos of Scarah and Hoodude:
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2012/07/san-diego-comic-con-2012-sneak-peek.html

As awesome as they are its a shame i find the diaries slightly more exciting than the actual dolls  :huh: they seem a little plain themselves, but their bios have so much character. I dont regret preordering them though, new character love! *excited*

Probably not wise to ask this after those preview pics, as it'll porobably get lost, but...

1. How on earth have people managed to tame the CAM werewolf wig, without turning it into a big frizzy mess?
2. Do you reckon it's possible to rehair one of the CAM wig caps? All of my monsters have hard caps, and I'd like them to have unique hair!

In regards to frizzy mess hair i used some leave in conditioner spray on my basic Operetta's frizz and her hair is nice now (i also boiled it but i think the conditioner helped alot) and to define her curls i wrapped small sections of hair around my finger.

I've seen some (silicone?) BJD wig cap things that protect the head from the wig and stop it from slipping off and was wondering if i could find one small enough, would it be possible to root one and turn it into a wig for the CAMs?

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2012, 11:32:54 AM »

Probably not wise to ask this after those preview pics, as it'll porobably get lost, but...

1. How on earth have people managed to tame the CAM werewolf wig, without turning it into a big frizzy mess?
2. Do you reckon it's possible to rehair one of the CAM wig caps? All of my monsters have hard caps, and I'd like them to have unique hair!

In regards to frizzy mess hair i used some leave in conditioner spray on my basic Operetta's frizz and her hair is nice now (i also boiled it but i think the conditioner helped alot) and to define her curls i wrapped small sections of hair around my finger.

I've seen some (silicone?) BJD wig cap things that protect the head from the wig and stop it from slipping off and was wondering if i could find one small enough, would it be possible to root one and turn it into a wig for the CAMs?

Hm, possibly, though I'd be concerned about the silicone ripping if it wasn't reinforced with something. Might be tricky to find one MH-sized too. After some thought, I cut all the hair off that awful werewolf wig, and am in the process of rerooting it :D I'll let you all know how I get on!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 07, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »
There's never anything wrong with some picspam! (I think I'll stick some of my own at the end of this post, hehe)

I love those outfits... the one you threw together for Spectra is my favorite... and you can never go wrong with the Ghost CAM dress, haha.

Thank you!  The ghost CAM dress is going to be for another customized doll I have in mind, but I will wait until she is finished to reveal her.  ;)

Love your Operetta!!

----

love their outfits, wystearya! i think switching up the girls' wardrobes is what makes monster high so fun :D

Thanks!   Yes, I do love 'playing' with them.  <3

-----

Yep definitely a few shades lighter, which kind of irks me but it's not too bad. 

I reckon Purrsia and Tabitha are at least cousins... :D I love the outfits too, really suits all of them! I love mixing and matching their different clothes, I also have accumulated quite a lot of Bratz stuff which works quite well.

Yeah, small things like color difference bug me too.  At least now I know it's not just my set.  heh!

I do looove your pics!  I am stealing that dress you have on Frankie.  :P

-----

Wystearya,   Ohhh, That re-root is to DIE FOR!!!!!! I want that cat!!

So , I have two brags today for myself: first , I found that awesome blue and blonde Liv wig at Wal-Mart yesterday! Excited dance!!!

and second: I snagged a Signature Abbey at Kmart today for $20.49!! OMGOODNESS!!!

Awww, thank you!   It took several days and quite a bit of work, but in the end it was worth it!   Her blue hair was actually 'donated' by a Dead Tired Ghoulia.  ;)

Big congrats on finding Abbey!!  I paid a good bit on eBay for mine, but I do adore her!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2012, 11:42:20 AM »
Random Question...are Costco and JCP exclusives already out, or are they future releases?  I didn't see a date in the Coming Soon thread.  Should I start pestering my Costco friends NOW, or later?  LOL

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »
Random Question...are Costco and JCP exclusives already out, or are they future releases?  I didn't see a date in the Coming Soon thread.  Should I start pestering my Costco friends NOW, or later?  LOL
I don't think there's an exact date, but it's highly speculated (I wanna say there was at least one 'source' that said this as well) that they will be for the holiday season, which makes sense because stores like that will often only get good toy sales during the holiday season.

Blitzn

« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2012, 12:19:48 PM »
CLEARANCE at Target:
Draculara roadster around $12 (shelves of them)
Fashion packs $5.82 before tax (tons of these too)
Liv wigs and clothes ~$3.30 and $5.50

I also saw one Schools Out clawdeen for $20. Now all I gotta do is wait for the 1600 dolls to go on clearance.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »
CLEARANCE at Target:
Draculara roadster around $12 (shelves of them)
Fashion packs $5.82 before tax (tons of these too)
Liv wigs and clothes ~$3.30 and $5.50

I also saw one Schools Out clawdeen for $20. Now all I gotta do is wait for the 1600 dolls to go on clearance.

Ohh... what fashion packs are available still? Any of the older sets?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal