collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 89895 times)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2012, 05:22:38 PM »
Hm.. do US Mattel customer service usually demand that you send the doll back if you have a defect doll?

If it's one that's currently in stores I think they want it.

I know that I had to send the defective Rochelle I had (bad eye paint) back to them before they would send a replacement.  But they do email you a shipping label so that it is free to return.

Hm... because if they Swedish Mattel customer service won't replace my Abbey I though I might could contact the US. But sending her all over the sea seem a bit overkill to me
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2012, 05:26:01 PM »
Hm.. do US Mattel customer service usually demand that you send the doll back if you have a defect doll?

I know that I had to send the defective Rochelle I had (bad eye paint) back to them before they would send a replacement.  But they do email you a shipping label so that it is free to return.

When I wrote them about my defective Rochelle, they just sent me a voucher. Sending the doll back for a replacement (assuming they send you a replacement doll and not a voucher) seems a bit like a crapshoot on the off-chance that your replacement doll comes with a bigger defect than the one you started out with.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »
Just thought i'd come out of lurking and finally say hi too, i'm not really new to collecting Monster High I started around Christmas, Spectra was my first doll (the only doll i want and like, i swear :P) Followed by Abbey about a week later. I now have 13 :blink: Everyone is right when they say its addictive!

Hi, LiquidCyanide! :D That's awesome that you got Spectra as your first doll -- she was always my favorite, long before I even started collecting!

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2012, 05:39:24 PM »
Picked up my first two dolls, officially today. [I've ordered a B&W Frankie online but as I don't actually have her yet, I am calling these two my firsts]

I got Spectra and Cupid [both signature, I guess? They came with their diaries] at Wal-Mart. I had also found all of the 1600 dolls, SS Ghoulia (AGAIN), SS Abbey, SS Lagoona, and the fearleading 3 pack at TRU (But they wanted too much for that... sorry...maybe I will want it that much later)

Spectra is so beautiful, and her hair is so soft! I am going to be looking for purple shoes that shows off those legs, instead of the boots she came with.

Cupid's hair feels hard, I think some brushing will help that. I prefer her without her wings, though, mine are lopsided a little.

Look what you have done to me!! I searched Target, Wal-mart, and TRU this afternoon looking at all things MH!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2012, 05:43:20 PM »
Ooo those are the best ones to have as your first dolls! Spectra is being re-released since she was from Wave 2 and was hard to come by as well as Cupid who was a Walmart exclusive!

Lets the MH temptations begin!!! *evil laugh*visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »
Cupid's hair feels hard, I think some brushing will help that. I prefer her without her wings, though, mine are lopsided a little.

I don't know if brushing can get rid of helmet hair, but you could try washing it out gently with some warm water. :)

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2012, 05:58:43 PM »

I don't know if brushing can get rid of helmet hair, but you could try washing it out gently with some warm water. :)

So this isn't uncommon? She was the least crazy-headed of the ones that Walmart had. I am now addicted :)

Ironically, my husband said he prefers MH dolls to MLP... he says "it fits you more" At least he is supportive of my hobbies though :)

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2012, 06:02:53 PM »

So this isn't uncommon? She was the least crazy-headed of the ones that Walmart had. I am now addicted :)

Ironically, my husband said he prefers MH dolls to MLP... he says "it fits you more" At least he is supportive of my hobbies though :)

Nope! Most of the short-haired dolls had gel in it to keep it in shape. Toralei, SS Frankie and DotD Clawdeen are some other examples.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »

I agree with Pandaberry- a quick gentle wash is the best. You can brush out some of the helmet hair, depending on how... helmet-y it is. I've had some where there was SO much glue that I couldn't really get my comb into it. And if you do the "brush it out" thing, I do recommend a doll comb. I think you get smoother hair and less frizzing.

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2012, 06:14:21 PM »
Just thought i'd come out of lurking and finally say hi too, i'm not really new to collecting Monster High I started around Christmas, Spectra was my first doll (the only doll i want and like, i swear :P) Followed by Abbey about a week later. I now have 13 :blink: Everyone is right when they say its addictive!

Hi, LiquidCyanide! :D That's awesome that you got Spectra as your first doll -- she was always my favorite, long before I even started collecting!

Spectra was what got me into MH, those see through limbs are amazing and her eyes! I just love her eyes. Lagoona was always my favourite before i started collecting though, i always used to look at her in shops but always put her back.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »

When I wrote them about my defective Rochelle, they just sent me a voucher. Sending the doll back for a replacement (assuming they send you a replacement doll and not a voucher) seems a bit like a crapshoot on the off-chance that your replacement doll comes with a bigger defect than the one you started out with.

I must have been lucky then, as they sent me a very nice (defect free) Rochelle in return. 

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2012, 07:19:19 PM »
Does anyone else have Dot Operetta and hate that big bald spot they left in the top of head.

My orginal Operetta has lots of hair there.

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »
how did my target store get nothing new, but had these two who I haven't seen since their first release?

Original Spectra and non 1600 Cupid... picked them both up in case anyone needed them if so shoot me a PM :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:27:03 PM by Novavelle »

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »
Does anyone know what color hair Operetta's hair is? Also what kindof hair will I need? Any help would be great.

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
how did my target store get nothing new, but had these two who I haven't seen since their first release?

Original Spectra and non 1600 Cupid... picked them both up in case anyone needed them if so shoot me a PM :)

Ditto.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal