collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 89791 times)

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #735 on: July 13, 2012, 06:50:15 AM »
Nope.There is no proof that water speeds up glue seepage,and it only worsens it when the doll is already in full seepage mode.Have at cha!

I have this feeling the greasy texture of her hair is because she already had a bit of Glue seepage, but I'm not sure. I was more worried about getting mold inside of her or something like that. Just like ponies get! I guess I'm just really scared I'll ruin my dolls, haha. Thanks for replying!

Not inherently dangerous.. xD! If you're worried about glue seepage then you might not wanna do it (since obviously trying to do everything in your power to keep it from happening sooner rather than later), but it honestly should be fine if you don't use any hot water.

Thanks for informing me! I'll refrain from using terribly hot water! I was thinking of using lukewarm water, is that alright? I'm also slightly scared her bangs will look funky afterwards.. Then again, parts of her hair are rock hard. Even if that's very fitting for a gargoyle, I'm not too fond of it.

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 13, 2012, 06:55:20 AM »
I usually use lukewarm water myself, and it seems to do the job just fine! I washed my Rochelle's hair on two separate occasions twice and her hair/bangs never came out 'funky' looking from it getting all moved around. I had to rearrange her bangs a bit, but it didn't take too long

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rochelle - 001b by piichihime, on Flickr

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #737 on: July 13, 2012, 06:59:00 AM »
Whoa she looks a bit different on your photo but so pretty! Thanks for encouraging me to wash her, I'll be off now!

I'll report my uhm.. results in a while. :3

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 13, 2012, 07:00:49 AM »
Well that image was run through a few filters in Picasa.. and it was the first one that came up that had a good close up of her bangs xD! I think the unaltered picture is somewhere in my photostream if you wanna have a look.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #739 on: July 13, 2012, 07:02:18 AM »
Pardon the interruption, but for people who have or have seen the SS five pack, can you get us a DPCI? I thought it was posted on one of the other threads, but I can't find it to save my life.... Please and thank you :)

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 13, 2012, 07:08:37 AM »
Pardon the interruption, but for people who have or have seen the SS five pack, can you get us a DPCI? I thought it was posted on one of the other threads, but I can't find it to save my life.... Please and thank you :)
I don't have it, but I could have sworn someone, somewhere said it was the same DPCI as the Gloom Beach 5-pack.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 13, 2012, 07:13:31 AM »
I don't have it, but I could have sworn someone, somewhere said it was the same DPCI as the Gloom Beach 5-pack.

Yes, it's the same as the GB 5-pack.

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #742 on: July 13, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »
well, the werewolf sisters are now listed as "available in stores" on target.com, so no need to tweak the mobile store search anymore  :P

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 13, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »
TrU has B/W SS Frankie for $7.13 today and tomorrow.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 13, 2012, 08:06:36 AM »
well, the werewolf sisters are now listed as "available in stores" on target.com, so no need to tweak the mobile store search anymore  :P
Talked to one sales person at a store that had "limited stock" she said they had one in their system but couldn't find it so i'm gonna go after work and check for myself >.> I no longer trust what the customer service people say after they've mis-informed me numerous times.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 13, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »
That sneak peak of the movie.. was I the only one who thought that Robeccas voice would be more fitting for Rochelle if they only gave her a frebch accent?

Adoptable made by me

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #746 on: July 13, 2012, 08:15:03 AM »
Talked to one sales person at a store that had "limited stock" she said they had one in their system but couldn't find it so i'm gonna go after work and check for myself >.> I no longer trust what the customer service people say after they've mis-informed me numerous times.

Same here... I'm never satisfied just calling the stores, because the people I've talked to in the different toy departments never sound like they know anything about what's on the shelves. Once I asked which dolls they had in stock and they called Clawdeen "Claudia" >_> I hate to burn the gas searching, but I just don't trust the store employees that I've talked to... (no offense to anyone to works at Target, Walmart, etc.)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 13, 2012, 08:21:08 AM »
I stopped by Walmart on my way home last night for some gardening supplies and went to go check the MH aisle (of course, lol) only to see an entire island end cap filled with dolls. I think the last time I've seen so many in one place was when the line first started shipping to stores. It was nice to see, especially since that particular Walmart takes absolutely forever to restock and always has very little when they do. They must have had over a dozen each of all the Sweet 1600 girls, and signature Abbey, Operetta, Rochelle, and Nefera. No Jackson though, so I don't know if he's been removed from the case assortments yet or if he was just cherry picked.

The Target by my house was also swamped in dolls when I stopped there the other night, they had a ton of CAM packs and the signature re-release case. It looks like distribution is getting better, at least where the big box chain stores are concerned. Unfortunately, I've been hearing that Mattel is completely shafting the smaller retailers again to favor the larger stores though. I got an email from Angelic Dreamz this week that said about 6% of their MH orders are coming in from Mattel, if they do at all. So a heads up for those on their Venus and Robecca waiting list that if they do get them in any time soon, they're not expecting many.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 13, 2012, 08:28:42 AM »

Same here... I'm never satisfied just calling the stores, because the people I've talked to in the different toy departments never sound like they know anything about what's on the shelves. Once I asked which dolls they had in stock and they called Clawdeen "Claudia" >_> I hate to burn the gas searching, but I just don't trust the store employees that I've talked to... (no offense to anyone to works at Target, Walmart, etc.)
Like aside from the general lack of product knowledge, I've been flat out lied to. Once I heard the employee chit chatting in the background when they were supposed to be looking for my item and another time the employee flat out lied and said they didn't have any cam packs and when I went, they had 6. I've worked in retail so I understand it can be demanding and it's not exactly the most fun job in the world, but I never just flat out didn't check when a customer asked if we had something.

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 13, 2012, 08:40:16 AM »
Mattel's giving me a $21 voucher for my Draculaura (because of the lip smear).. was gonna be $18 (as that is their retail) but saw we had answered their question about how much we paid.. so I have my money for Robecca or Venus ready once it gets here <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal