collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So are you keeping tabs on the see through ponies? [Update]  (Read 3326 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Edit
Here is some interesting info on these girls, right now this topic only covers two of the ponies: Translucent Ponies - Interesting Info

I'm not hunting Tao but I'm sure there are several who are hunting there for these girls. I'm noticing some interesting differences about them though which make me wonder how much in the prototype stage they are in... So here is a break down from me..

So far we have seen 3 lacking glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,301381.0.html RD

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299400.0.html Rarity

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299072.0.html FS

And 2 with Glitter:

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299400.30.html AJ

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,301169.0.html PP

So anyone think when we see Twilight she will have the glitter? I hope not but that seems to be the pattern! She is the last of the 6 to have been seen...

So why did I do this topic in the first place? To get all 6 of the see through ponies together so no one has to go searching (which is also why I included topic links)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:17:23 AM by hathorcat »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So are you keeping tabs on the see through ponies?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
Glitter! Her name is Twilight Sparkle.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »
Until we get finished product boxes or a little more consistency its tough to say - on one hand its exciting to see the different "creations" even if they dont make actual retail but at the same time as more of these are spotted I grow more and more disappointed about the lack of "new" characters.

I would guess a lot of them will be multi pack options - whether with one another, with accessories or with a random new pony - simply as this up weights the price of the purchase :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »
Oh yeah, I am keeping a pictoral list of ponies we haven't seen in packages yet:

http://mysteryponies.wordpress.com/the-queue/

I will add Twi when or if she appears.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
@sd_dreamcrystal: Thanks for the all-in-one page! Much easier to track.

@BrightIdea: Again, thanks for the all-in-one!

I'll keep my eyes open! :)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 01:27:50 PM »
Until we get finished product boxes or a little more consistency its tough to say - on one hand its exciting to see the different "creations" even if they dont make actual retail but at the same time as more of these are spotted I grow more and more disappointed about the lack of "new" characters.

I would guess a lot of them will be multi pack options - whether with one another, with accessories or with a random new pony - simply as this up weights the price of the purchase :)
I have to agree, I like the idea of the see through ponies but I'm disappointed that there is no real new ponies, just the main 6 like this x.x Hopefully we'll see packaging soon on these so things can be confirmed

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »

I have to agree, I like the idea of the see through ponies but I'm disappointed that there is no real new ponies, just the main 6 like this x.x Hopefully we'll see packaging soon on these so things can be confirmed

It's a perfect opportunity for some of the glittery blind bag ponies to be made real, so I am sure we will see some new ponies! ^-^

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »
I thankfully like them both ways. I'm not really "keeping tabs" or hunting for them, but I am interested and I watch the threads about them. I'm really excited for Crystal Empire, whether these are the protos for that line or not. I'm ready for some glittery ponies AND translucent ponies! Maybe we'll get both? That would be awesome. So very, very awesome.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Rion

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 02:11:40 PM »
I'm definitely gonna be keeping a watch on these. They're all pretty cool looking, aside from the ones completely smeared with glitter. I'm especially interested in how the RD has bangs.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
If these are released with glitter painted on them then I'll have to pass. I kind of like the crystal eyed ponies though. Target exclusives ALWAYS have tinsel in their hair with very few exceptions, so perhaps these will be individually packed and stocked in other stores, while the crystal eyes might be in a set.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 02:57:23 PM »
If these are released with glitter painted on them then I'll have to pass. I kind of like the crystal eyed ponies though. Target exclusives ALWAYS have tinsel in their hair with very few exceptions, so perhaps these will be individually packed and stocked in other stores, while the crystal eyes might be in a set.
rather no glitter unless it was in the plastic myself :|

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 03:09:48 PM »
I know it was mentioned on the Crystal Empire AJ thread that she has a forelock. I notice here that RD and AJ both have them. Are the forelocks making a comeback? As annoying as they are to style (I can't seem to get them to lay flat), I like the look of them as opposed to the forelock-less releases.
The glitter is nice, but I'd love it more if the glitter was actually in the plastic as opposed to being glued on. It's hard to tell which type of glitter application was used, but judging by the Blind Bags, I have a feeling it's just glued on.
My biggest question is this, though: What on earth is the Crystal Empire?
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »
What on earth is the Crystal Empire?
It's what we think, but have a good feeling about it being, the next Target-exclusive line, similar to Canterlot. (unless it's been confirmed and I didn't notice  ^^;)

Also, I've been thinking, wouldn't it be cheaper to put the glitter in the plastic like we've all wanted? They would save money on glue and time from not having machines cover them in the glue they wasted money on and spray glitter on them. It would make more nice-looking ponies instead of those things we've been seeing lately. Glitter is nice from time to time, but if you're not going to use it correctly, it's going to look terrible.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 03:36:01 PM »
It's what we think, but have a good feeling about it being, the next Target-exclusive line, similar to Canterlot. (unless it's been confirmed and I didn't notice  ^^;)
That makes sense, though I'd rather it be non-exclusive. My Target seems to get everything a month or two after everyone else's.

What I really meant, though, is are they going to introduce it on the show? I know that the Canterlot line ties into the show, but so far, we've never heard of what the Crystal Empire is. I'm interested to see if and how it will be explained in the show.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »
What I really meant, though, is are they going to introduce it on the show?

oh, sorry! i figured you meant the toys since that's what the thread's about. i have to agree though, i wonder how hasbro is going to plan out this whole thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal