collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony restoration - help!  (Read 1490 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Pony restoration - help!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 05:58:32 PM »
I agree with what people have said on here. Mr. Clean erasers are wonderful too, I use them a lot. As for hair perserverence is key, I had a my pretty pony with completely matted hair, it took 2 hours to get the tail done, then an hour for her mane, but came out beautiful. I also use the boiling water treatment for frizzy hair, comes out lovely. I would love to see updates when you get some. Good luck. :)
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 01:44:07 AM »
goodness me, why would someone do that to Moondancer :S
And yeah, bunny Hop doesn't have regrind (not sure white ponies would have pink regrind) and thus pink highlighter is only really removable by sunfading (whenever you feel sunfading is useless in Cardiff, just remember you don't live in Iceland :P).

I personally despise decapitating ponies  but that is the only way to go with tailrust I´m afraid :(

I would be so excited to see these girls when you fix them up, no matter how far you get them :) it´s really nice of you to have given them a second chance :hug:

I don't know. Poor Moondancer. She's getting better but it's a slow job. Now she has no head and no tail, it's like a warzone on my table currently.

Haha you have a point there! Well it's meant to be a reasonable day today so she's in the window sunning herself.

I got about half way through trying to take Rainbowcurl's head off but then I gave up, I'll have to try again though because she's definitely retained some water from when I washed her.

Thanks! I feel sorry for them, I didn't know what would happen to them if I didn't buy them, and it's not their fault.

Post Merge: July 05, 2012, 01:46:40 AM

I agree with what people have said on here. Mr. Clean erasers are wonderful too, I use them a lot. As for hair perserverence is key, I had a my pretty pony with completely matted hair, it took 2 hours to get the tail done, then an hour for her mane, but came out beautiful. I also use the boiling water treatment for frizzy hair, comes out lovely. I would love to see updates when you get some. Good luck. :)

Yeah, I've seen some tutorials for frizzy hair and recurling, and hot water seems to feature quite a bit. I need to put some time aside for that!

Pics will definitely be available on here when they are fixed up!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:46:40 AM by Enolaalone »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 07:30:17 AM »
Those poor ponies, oh wow. I hope you can get them back to their former glory!

It's probably just the fact that she's painted, but for a second Moondancer reminded me of the painted prototypes I've seen.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
Those poor ponies, oh wow. I hope you can get them back to their former glory!

It's probably just the fact that she's painted, but for a second Moondancer reminded me of the painted prototypes I've seen.

I know, it made the world of difference just washing them though, and doing their hair. That and a bit of nail polish remover and they already look a lot brighter. Apart from Moondancer, who is in many pieces on my table   :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal