collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you collect...  (Read 4211 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Do you collect...
« on: July 01, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »
specific ponies or just one kind of pony? For instance I was wondering if anyone collected only MOCs or only merchandise? I was pondering this just because there are so many ponies that were made and one's collection could get huge. Has anyone decided to limit themselves because of this? :what:

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: Do you collect...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:54:19 AM »
I'm trying to limit my collection to just ponies from FiM at the moment. But a lot of the background ponies are being made into brushables now, so not sure how much longer that rule is going to last!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Gonzo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »
I only collect G4s right now, though I've been considering getting some G2s as well.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 08:59:08 AM »
Only "all US/Euro G1 ponies along with all their individual accessories"...is this restricting myself? :P

Alas no...I havent had the strength yet to do otherwise. I know some people only collect certain colours, or certain types [like Unicorns only] or certain countries.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »
I mainly collect G1 ponies and merchandise, although considering limiting the merch to just books, comics, videos and a few fave items.
I also collect a few G2s, G3s and G4s.

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »
I try to collect only the Pegasi, and of all generations. Definitely limits it more but I tend to be fairly loose with what I consider "Pegasus". So really it's Pegasi + Flutter ponies + Glimmer wings + Breezies + any pony that has wings. Plus I make exceptions to the Pegasi only rule if I really like a pony's design or a pony is special to me. And I'm beginning to take a liking to sea ponies...So yeah, I don't know how much longer it'll be until I'm basically looking for every pony e.e
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

sarafina

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 09:03:08 AM »
That's a great question.  Since I don't have the funds or the space to collect all ponies, I've been limiting myself.  I'm only collecting MIB/MOC G3 holiday ponies at the moment. 

Since I grew up with G1s, I had started to attempt to collect the rest of that generation years and years ago, but I finally sold any ponies that weren't part of my childhood collection.

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 09:13:32 AM »
I collect all the ponies!!! Haha no. At the moment I am focussing on completing some gen1 sets and On keeping up with new gen4 ponies =)

keikokukien

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 09:25:15 AM »
I started collecting again because the G4s are just adorable to me, but I also collect G1s and petites, but I only have a small amount of those.

Moonracer

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 09:34:17 AM »
At the moment I'm restricting myself to G1s from the US and Euro line. I don't want fully get into the Nirvana collecting yet, as I don't have enough money for that. All the Nirvanas (that is all three of them) either came in lots that I won on auctions or I bought them because they were super cheap (like the Italian dwarf Blue Belle). But I do have to admit that it feels really tempting to get myself one whenever there's a bargain. :D XD

I also buy G2s from time to time, whenever I see one that either looks really cute (like the babies) or comes at a cheap/reasonable price.

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 09:40:22 AM »
Only "all US/Euro G1 ponies along with all their individual accessories"...is this restricting myself? :P

Alas no...I havent had the strength yet to do otherwise. I know some people only collect certain colours, or certain types [like Unicorns only] or certain countries.

This!!  Just All G1s and their merch and accessories :D
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 10:13:48 AM »
I think it's really interesting finding out what other pony collectors try to focus on :) For me, it's boys (yay!), any with glitter (ooh, shiny!), brides or romantic couples (G1 Bride was one of my fav childhood ponies, and I love her pose), G1 princesses or G3s with royal-themed symbols (I was obsessed with the Quest of the Princess Ponies vid as a kid and had most of the princess ponies, plus Majesty, but there are so many G2 princesses I'm trying to avoid them, and I'm not entirely in love with G4). I have a soft spot for G1 and G3, so I tend to accumulate them regardless of whether they fit my 'limits', whereas I'm stricter about collecting the other gens. I try to have a planned order (such as no county daddies are easier and cheaper to get hold of than Spanish Tex, so buy the daddies first, that sort of thing) but if I find a good deal I'll ignore my plans.
Of course, one day I shall probably just have a list that says 'Obtain all the ponies!'
 :silly:
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »
To begin with I started collecting only G1s I used to own when I was a child. Then it kind of expanded because I just bought cheap lots on eBay on G1s I felt sorry for. Haha. I really like the merry-go-round ponies so eventually I'd like a set of those, and I'd also like all of the glittery sweetheart sister ponies. Plus I have one from the apple delight family and one of the bright bouquet family, so I'd like to have full sets of those families eventually.

Also I've got very attached to the G4 blind bag ponies, so at the moment I'm collecting all of those who are standing on their hind legs. It helps they don't take up much space!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 10:39:06 AM »
I collect most of the G4s.  Luckily they are super tiny!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 10:39:43 AM »
Limit... myself? O.o I have no idea what that means. :P

Seriously though, I could never just pick one generation or one type of pony to collect. I love them all and everything MLP related. I do collect in "periods" though. For example, right now I've mainly been buying the G4's. I only just "discoverd" them after beeing out of the pony loop for a long time and I have alot of catching up to do :P

There's been periods where I mostly buy G1's, mostly buy G3's, mostly buy MOC's, mostly buy G1 merchandise... and so forth. Which means I've ended up with a load of everything XD Meanwhile the main focus changes all the time for me, but that will never rule out my interest of everything else MLP what so ever :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal