collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintage items that are more commonly found MIB when you want to collect loose?  (Read 479 times)

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ever since I became aware of existence of the toyline for the 1982 Annie film I wanted to collect them but I saw the inflated prices Amazon sellers were selling them for 2nd hand and forgot about them for awhile, but then I found out that you can get most of them for practically nothing on eBay, often MIB.

My problem is that I would like to collect them loose but I don't often see the other characters loose aside from Annie herself. I don't really like to open vintage items because of the fact that there is only a finite amount of them left and will never be made again. So my question is what is the best thing do in a situation like this?

I know that some of the ones on eBay look like the boxes are very beat up and pieces from this line generally don't seem to be very valuable but still, I don't like the idea of MIB opening items that are older than I am, lol.

Offline RavenWolf

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I know haw you feel I'm the same way. If something has managed to make it that long without being opened it should be left MIB. As you mentioned there are only so many MIB items out there.

I guess my best advise would be to either, Be patient and wait, the items will eventually come up for sale loose. Or Buy them MIB and later on see if you can't trade them for loose.

Sorry I couldn't be more help
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
I don't know. If I really wanted them loose and couldn't trade them though, I'd open them. They are yours to do with as you please and you should be able to enjoy them. If they aren't fun for you in the box they shouldn't stay in the the box. Toys were made to be played with and, for me, it's no fun playing with a box. That said, I tend to avoid vintage MIB items.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
This is one of my biggest dilemmas but mostly because they are so damn expensive when still in the box. It bites when the only ones I can find are way more than I would pay for them. If I could find a MIB one of something I'm after for cheap I would just take it out and keep the box.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
If it was me, id fond one where the box is soo damaged its hindering or actually destroying the toy inside, then open it.  That way you are saving whats inside from more damage <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Moonracer

Not sure if it counts, but for me it would be some of the Transformers G1 figures. Especially those which are considered rare (either because their molds got broken or there just weren't that many of them to begin with): a few months ago I was looking for some loose figures of G1 Sunstreaker and Mirage, but the only ones I was able to find where broken beyond repair (mostly coming in junk/custom lots), or MIB and MISB that were just waaaay to expensive for me to get.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal