collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: cleaning a pony and a megan? pics update 7-13,bottom post  (Read 900 times)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
cleaning a pony and a megan? pics update 7-13,bottom post
« on: June 30, 2012, 02:35:10 PM »
So I actuaaly found a taf megan and a taf sundance...I dont have this megan and woukd like to keep her but her hair has a pile of snarls,what is the best way to clean a doll since I dont want to behead her and if I was to condition her hair without gettting the roots wet(grumbles) and if she doesnt look better is it possible to reroot the doll cuz I really want to keep her...

I will take and add pictures-updategrumbles,will get the hubby to get pictures up when he's home I hate it when things dont work like they should...
 :mad:
also I found a taf sundance who has been pretty uped by a kid who decided to put lipstick on her mouth,how does one remove lipstick...I cant remember if I ever have tried...and is there any cleaning suggestion on hair of a color changing mane ....I dont need the pony but would like to see her pretty again so someone else can enjoy her

but sundance does seem to be a dime a dozen for me...getting pics in a few ;)

update- pics

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

need to get rid of this,yuk

nappy hair too :(

and megan

poor girl needs to go to a salon bad... :(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:45:37 PM by gypsyunicorn »

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: cleaning questions on a pony and a megan
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:52:45 PM »
What I usually do with my dolls and with newer ponies who I don't want to behead, is condition anyway doing the best I can to keep as much water as possible outside the roots. When I have the hair in pretty good shape, I position the doll where the roots are facing down, and then let her dry that way. The water will drip downwards and out of the holes. I mostly give 24 hours, but that time may be different depending on the doll.

As far as lipstick goes, it can be tricky to get off. I've gotten it off before with nail polish remover, carefully trying not to get any over the eyes, of course, but you may need to sunfade.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »
I would just try conditioning Megan's hair (or using fabric softener), but use cold water so the color changing part of her hair (and Sundance's) doesn't get frizzier, and see what happens. I've never thought about water getting into a doll's head before though, so I didn't realize that can be a problem.

As for lipstick...sunfading maybe?

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:53:22 AM »
Wait, Megan and Sundance both have a color changing strip of hair?

I don't have a Megan or a Sundance so I didn't know that! :p

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »
yep, TAF Megan has a stripe on each side from about her temples. This set was part of my childhood herd, so I learned the hard way that brushing/combing those stripes too much can damage them >_<

gypsyunicorn

Re: cleaning a pony and a megan? pics update
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »
thanks,Im going to give it a go...and will post progress with pictures as it goes,thanks for the help

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: cleaning a pony and a megan? pics update
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »
Yes I think sunfading is going to be your best bet for the lipstick. Unfortunately the snarly nature of colour changing hair when its damaged is not only notoriously difficult but dang near impossible to tame. I would try a good long soak in conditioner to see if you can at least get it semi-tamed. If that has some positive effect, I would keep repeating until you no longer see an improvement at which point that may be the best you will manage.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Ponypuffs

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »
I would just try conditioning Megan's hair (or using fabric softener), but use cold water so the color changing part of her hair (and Sundance's) doesn't get frizzier, and see what happens. I've never thought about water getting into a doll's head before though, so I didn't realize that can be a problem.

As for lipstick...sunfading maybe?
I think it can cause interior mold and sometimes rust if there are metal pieces.

@ gypsy: I think her hair looks decent at the roots, so you wont have to condition there. You can avoid the water if you're careful. Maybe just clasp your fist around her head while having the rest of the hair out? That will help protect her.

gypsyunicorn

Re: cleaning a pony and a megan? pics update 7-13,bottom post
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »
Well I had a chance to clean the doll so hopefull I did so and let her dry enough...she was conditioned and brushed with it in while hair was damp then alot of flat ironing...I haven't taken her outside to see how her hair turns...but she is all dry and I am going to put a pony ribbon in her hair to ponytail it,her hair is super silky smooth now

and as to sundance I used polish remover and her lips and no longer wearing ugly lipstick and there is now no signs of it ever being there to boot but I haven't had a chance to wash her hair yet and see what I can do to desnarl her and will post update when I get a chance,perhaps this weekend will allow me time

Let me know what you think of Megan,thanks

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: cleaning a pony and a megan? pics update 7-13,bottom post
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »
Oh wow gypsyunicorn - what an amazing improvement - that colour changing hair is such a toughy to improve the condition of - well done!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal