collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Complete - THANK YOU EVERYONE!  (Read 55958 times)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Sign Ups Close Today
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2012, 06:12:51 AM »
My kiddos decided to be early birds and got me up at 3 AM....so I came to stalk this thread.  So eager to have my partner and start the hunt!  I already want to know more and thought of more things to share!  For example, I always say I don't collect merch or accessories, but I forgot!  I have an MLP mug and egg cup set that I adooooore and would love more of so I can set a pony table!  I also have a new love for the Rockin' Beat ponies and their guitar combs!  Also, there is one scented something I can have and love - hand soaps!  They aren't lasting enough to make me sick.  I love food scents like fruit.  Also, my favorite seasons and holidays are comig up!  I love Autumn and all things Christmas.  Enough about me, I want hear more from everyone!  Sooooo:

What is your favorite holiday?
Do you like homemade snacks?
Anyone else like to cook/exchange recipes?

Sorry for the rambling, I'm rerouting lack sleep frustration into swap happiness.  And partner, whoever you are...you're going to be one of my birthday presents today! :biggrin:

Your kids woke you up at 3am?? on your birthday??  I would not be a happy camper, lol.  Unless, of course, my kids were up that early because they just loved me SOOOO much and were excited to start the birthday festivities.  In that case I might upgrade to an exhausted-but-happy camper. ;)

How many kids do you have?  I have three.  They drive me crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Life would be too boring otherwise.  :P I love hand soaps as well, oh my goodness.  How did I forget to mention that?  There are too many lovely things in this world.  Homemade bar soaps at cute little shops always pull me in, not to mention all the amazing scent combos at Bath & Body Works.  I LOVE their mint chocolate hand soap, mmmm!!!

Now on to your little questionnaire:

What is your favorite holiday?  I do love Christmas, but I also really enjoy Thanksgiving (autumn in general!), Easter and my children's birthdays. <3

Do you like homemade snacks?  Yes, especially fudge and cookies. :)

Anyone else like to cook/exchange recipes?  Absolutely!  Have you ever been involved in a Christmas cookie exchange?  Those are cool, though ashamedly, I have yet to try out any of the recipes I've collected from past exchanges, lol. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Sign Ups Closed - Partners Being Assigned
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2012, 08:11:15 AM »
While we're waiting for the partner assignments, I have a question for everyone too:
Would you rather have extras that are pony-related, or that have to do with your other interests?
Personally, I think a mix of both would be fun, but I'll be happy with whatever my partner puts together ^_^ 

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2012, 08:43:17 AM »
Happy Birthday RedLynx!!!  Although I wouldn't be so happy with getting woken up at 3am, but kids are just so sweet.  I have 3 daughters who often wake me up at all hours!!

Ok, questions:
My most favorite holidays is Halloween, I love everything about it!  Costumes, candy and mayhem:)  The trifecta of awesomeness!

I love homemade anything!

I am a home-maker so I'd love any new recipes.

Honestly, I'd love anything my partner chooses to get me, so please don't stress. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »
Would you rather have extras that are pony-related, or that have to do with your other interests?

There's no way to fail with me.  All ponies would be delightful and other surprises would be fun.  I'm thrilled just to see a box in the mail.  :D
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Babushka

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2012, 10:41:59 AM »
Question Time:

What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving - not for the food, but for the fact that it focused on family and blessings.
Do you like homemade snacks? Sure!
Anyone else like to cook/exchange recipes?YES. I love trading recipe cards.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2012, 11:25:34 AM »
What is your favorite holiday? Halloween or samhain
Do you like homemade snacks? i love them :)
Anyone else like to cook/exchange recipes? sometimes i used to cook more than i do now

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2012, 11:36:41 AM »
Favorite holiday:  Halloween!

Homemade goodies…yes but am on an evil diet, lol

Cooking…I don’t really like it much, no.

Also…in case I get a vegan partner…what is the difference between vegan and vegetarian again?  What is okay for a vegan and no okay?

Also...who has a birthday within the next two month?  (During the buying phase)

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2012, 12:24:01 PM »
Thanks!  I have two, a boy and a girl.  They're only 9 months so they don't know from 'sleeping in' yet.

Hrm, I suppose I'd rather have other items I collect or snacks/sweets rather than just random pony items that aren't on my want list.  I buy lots of the little pony extras...but I get them to give to others, not keep!  So...if in doubt, just load me down with Hershey's milk chocalte, mini snickers, mini Twix, Sour Patch Kids and if you can find them....Cherry Coke or even Sour Cherry Coke gummies and I'll be a happy camper!  Oh...and any kind of lime candy you can find.  So sad that green apple is the new lime.  Always hunting for lime fixes!

Oh, no Tootsie Roll anythings, please!  They make me sad. >.<

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
*squeeee!!!* I can't wait to start shopping!! :cheer:

What is your favorite holiday? I just love holidays in general, lol! Christmas is probably my favourite.
Do you like homemade snacks? Depends what it is. I like cookies.
Anyone else like to cook/exchange recipes? I don't get time to cook very often, but when I do I love making cakes, biscuits etc.
Would you rather have extras that are pony-related, or that have to do with your other interests? Either is fine! I love all extras I am sure I will be pleased with whatever I get.
Also…in case I get a vegan partner…what is the difference between vegan and vegetarian again? What is okay for a vegan and no okay? I'm not vegetarian/vegan myself, but vegans do not eat anything that comes from an animal at all, including meat and animal derived ingredients such as gelatine, fish, eggs, milk and other dairy products. Vegetarians vary in what they will eat, but most usually avoid meat and animal derived ingredients but will still eat dairy products and sometimes fish.
Also...who has a birthday within the next two month?  (During the buying phase) Nope, not me. My birthday was in May.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »
Favorite holiday:  Halloween!

Homemade goodies…yes but am on an evil diet, lol

Cooking…I don’t really like it much, no.

Also…in case I get a vegan partner…what is the difference between vegan and vegetarian again?  What is okay for a vegan and no okay?

if I remember correctly, vegetarians will still eat animal products (eggs, cheese, milk) just not meat.  vegans will eat nothing with anything from an animal (which includes bizzare things like marshmallows)

my birthday was last month, if that counts! ;)
looking into a re-branding.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2012, 12:51:10 PM »
My birthday is August 12th, so right in the middle of the swap:)

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »
My birthday is tomorrow ^_^ But siince we haven't started yet, I don't really expect any birthday items    :good:

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »
**Can't wait to know who's my partner!!**

What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas/Winter

Do you like homemade snacks?
As long as you use real sugar and no ugar substitue I'm fine with it,

Anyone else like to cook/exchange recipes?
 I love to bake and new receipts are always welcome. :)

I'm happy with anything.

No, my birthday was already a week ago. :)

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2012, 01:25:51 PM »
Vegans are a type of vegetarian.  Others covered the differences, more or less, but some ingredients to look out for, in addition to obvious things like milk and cheese, would be gelatin, carmine, and honey.  If you get me as a partner, I will understand if you don't send food.  Some vegan candies, however, are Twizzlers and Swedish Fish, most Oreo cookies, lots of super dark chocolates.   

Mine isn't until October 18th.  :)
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »
Thanks!  I have two, a boy and a girl.  They're only 9 months so they don't know from 'sleeping in' yet.

Hrm, I suppose I'd rather have other items I collect or snacks/sweets rather than just random pony items that aren't on my want list.  I buy lots of the little pony extras...but I get them to give to others, not keep!  So...if in doubt, just load me down with Hershey's milk chocalte, mini snickers, mini Twix, Sour Patch Kids and if you can find them....Cherry Coke or even Sour Cherry Coke gummies and I'll be a happy camper!  Oh...and any kind of lime candy you can find.  So sad that green apple is the new lime.  Always hunting for lime fixes!

Oh, no Tootsie Roll anythings, please!  They make me sad. >.<

LOL, well if they're only 9 months old, I suppose they can be forgiven. ;) Mine are 10, 9, and 1, two boys and a little girl.  :inlove:

I love so many types of candy as well, but the only ones I'd want included in my box are those I can't get here in Scotland (i.e. Butterfingers).  If my partner is someone in the UK, however, as I imagine they will be, they'd be pretty hard pressed to find any of those.  And if they did, they would most likely be paying top dollar (top pound?) for them.  >_<

Lime candies... they have something here called chocolate limes which I absolutely love.  Semi-hard lime-flavoured sweeties with a soft chocolate centre. :)

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal