collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Complete - THANK YOU EVERYONE!  (Read 54763 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
I'm getting ponies from here and ebay :) There's a few sellers on ebay who are collectors or used to be and are selling their collection and they're fantastic people :)

Do you guys like books? If so, what kind?
I like any G1 pony books, magazines, coloring books. I like Christian fact books and sometimes Christian fiction, it depends. And the Bible (which I have like 9 Bibles, lol)

And I have another question:

Do you like/collect backcards?

My answer - I don't have any, but I love G1 backcards!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
I do like books.  I like books geared towards kids, mostly.  The books I like are usually in the "Young readers" section of the bookstores.  Pendragon adventure.  39 Clues.  Harry Potter.  Hardy Boys (Case feiles and disgest...but I have most of those.  That sort of thing.

I do the same thing Hyena does and search for the ponies my partner wants most to find them easily.

BUAHAHAHA I am influencing others.  >: D

I do like backcards, but don't have any!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
I like any G1 pony comics(especially in German as it's my 2nd language I like to practice lol), a ton of manga (the list is endless such as: Yu-gi-oh, Cardcaptors, Death Note etc), fantasy books like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, but mostly manga.

And I have another question:

I don't have any backcards but I would love some!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:02:25 AM by terabithianprince »

gargoylekitty

• Trade Count: (0)
Yes! My 2012 reads so far, for reference, though cutting to the bottom there: "Recommendations always welcome! I like zombies, dystopian/post-apocalyptic worlds, lesbian fluff, female main characters, not ignoring the existence of POC/queer folks/ect., horror, monsters of all sorts, mythology and some urban fantasy, queer reimagings, and 1950s-style parody/noir."

Like them, but only currently have G4 ones. Would love more(from any gen)!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
I like post-apocalyptic stories, too.  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Hathorcat, I know we're not supposed to include shipping costs in our budget, but I need some clarification... is it JUST the cost of shipping the parcel to our swap partners that we don't include, or does it include everything?  For example, if I buy a pony for $10 + $3 in shipping, would that mean I've spent $10 of my budget, or $13?  Thanks.

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Do you guys like books? If so, what kind?  Yes, I love to read :)  I like a lot of the classics (Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Victor Hugo).  I like some high fantasy books, like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones (working my way through the series now!); Harry Potter is fun too.  I also enjoyed Pillars of the EarthTime Traveler's Wife is another of my favorite books. 

Do you like/collect backcards?  No, I don't collect backcards :) 

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Hathorcat, I know we're not supposed to include shipping costs in our budget, but I need some clarification... is it JUST the cost of shipping the parcel to our swap partners that we don't include, or does it include everything?  For example, if I buy a pony for $10 + $3 in shipping, would that mean I've spent $10 of my budget, or $13?  Thanks.

That is a good question, because I doubt most of us can find ponies that don't need to be shipped.  I so wish this swap was before the Fair so I could have looked then!!!  I personally am going to NOT include the shipping cost to me because I want to get my partner as much as I can!  Because, gosh this is fun!

Yes, but I try not to own any.  I'm very into libraries. 

No, but if one showed up I would totally love it! 

Offline Daiyuflower

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile

That is a good question, because I doubt most of us can find ponies that don't need to be shipped.  I so wish this swap was before the Fair so I could have looked then!!!  I personally am going to NOT include the shipping cost to me because I want to get my partner as much as I can!  Because, gosh this is fun!

I have not been counting the cost of shipping the ponies to me towards the total either. I want to get my partner as many ponies as I can :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
I just bought something sight unseen.  Based on the description I think it is going to be right, but I can't find a picture of it ANYWHERE!  he he heehaw!   

Did I just "heehaw"?  What is wrong with me?

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:01:32 AM by marigold »

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
I love books, especially fantasy and horror. One of my favourite authors is Terry Pratchett, but I have all of his books!

I would be interested in G1 backcards. I don't have any at the moment.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile

I like fantasy books and series such as HP, Narnia, LOTR, the Inkheart trilogy, The Last Unicorn, The Princess Bride, and my favourite... The Neverending Story.  I also enjoy certain authors such as Janette Oke and Leif Enger.  Another of my fave books is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. 

I don't dislike them, but I don't collect them, either.

--------------

I have a question of my own to add, something that occurred to me as I've been looking for stuff for my partner.

Do you mind if I send extras that relate to my local area? (i.e. Scottish fudge or a tin of haggis, lol)

To answer my own question, I would love this sort of thing!  ^.^

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
Do you mind if I send extras that relate to my local area?
Not at all, I love getting locally produced items! :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Do you mind if I send extras that relate to my local area? (i.e. Scottish fudge or a tin of haggis, lol)
YES!  Please do!  YES YES YES!!  I'd love to try haggis even. 

I was thinking of sending my person something from my hometown too if I am able to get it.  I have to ask my mom to send me some.  If she sends me some, my partner will get it too! 

Offline Daiyuflower

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Do you mind if I send extras that relate to my local area?  I would love local items  ^_^  Definitely part of the fun of these swaps since we have such an international community! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal