collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35365 times)

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:09 AM »
Mandy: Where did you find that picture of Operetta?  Haven't seen that one before.....

It was posted to the MH Facebook the other day. Here's a pdf, along with the patterns used in her outfit:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Operetta_Guide.pdf

They also have some up for Toralei, Rochelle, and Venus. Their stock photos are the same as they've always been but the patterns are pretty neat. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Toralei_Guide.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Rochelle_Guide.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Venus_Guide.pdf

Those are awesome!  I'd love to find some of the other dolls.

*edit*  Found some!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Robecca_Guide.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Jackson_Guide.pdf
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:16:44 AM by bewilderness »

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2012, 01:37:07 AM »
UUUUGH YOU GUYS I am dying.  I just cannot WAIT for my Draculara to get here!!!! T_________T Am I the only one who gets all antsy when I'm waiting on a doll??  I feel like a little kid trying to wait on opening Christmas presents!! XD

Hahaha i know this feeling well! The only way I cope is to buy more dolls. It's a vicious cycle! :D

While waiting for my GR, DDG and DT dolls I bought School's Out Clawdeen and SS Abbey today!
Come visit my blog!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2012, 01:49:38 AM »
UUUUGH YOU GUYS I am dying.  I just cannot WAIT for my Draculara to get here!!!! T_________T Am I the only one who gets all antsy when I'm waiting on a doll??  I feel like a little kid trying to wait on opening Christmas presents!! XD

Hahaha i know this feeling well! The only way I cope is to buy more dolls. It's a vicious cycle! :D

While waiting for my GR, DDG and DT dolls I bought School's Out Clawdeen and SS Abbey today!
LOL, that's one way to deal!  I think my wallet might go on strike if I tried it out, though XD

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2012, 01:54:39 AM »

LOL, that's one way to deal!  I think my wallet might go on strike if I tried it out, though XD

Haha yeah I don't recommend it... but it is fun! :D
Come visit my blog!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2012, 02:11:01 AM »
I also have seen people taken pictures of their monster High dolls where they are standing in the pidgeon toe pose. How do you make them stand that way? I've tried with my new Frankie, but it doesn't work and I'm afraid to break her leg

I pose mine that way by twisting their knee joints round a little, if that's what you mean?

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2012, 02:20:07 AM »

Haha yeah I don't recommend it... but it is fun! :D

Yeesss this is my strategy also XD I have several dolls I bought when I was waiting for different ones, which I felt really guilty about at the time, but I love them all now and I'm glad I got them. Just gotta stay within budget... sorta... around budget...  >_<

I also have seen people taken pictures of their monster High dolls where they are standing in the pidgeon toe pose. How do you make them stand that way? I've tried with my new Frankie, but it doesn't work and I'm afraid to break her leg

I pose mine that way by twisting their knee joints round a little, if that's what you mean?

That's how I do it too. My DT Lala (1.0 with the sticking-up pigtails) can do awesome pigeon toes, heh. But some of mine have stiff knees that don't want to twist so I don't force them  ^.^ Depends on the doll I guess!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2012, 02:25:00 AM »

Yeesss this is my strategy also XD I have several dolls I bought when I was waiting for different ones, which I felt really guilty about at the time, but I love them all now and I'm glad I got them. Just gotta stay within budget... sorta... around budget...  >_<

'Sorta around budget' is pretty much my entire life philosophy :lol: terrible i know!

That's how I do it too. My DT Lala (1.0 with the sticking-up pigtails) can do awesome pigeon toes, heh. But some of mine have stiff knees that don't want to twist so I don't force them  ^.^ Depends on the doll I guess!

I think it definitely depends on the doll - they all have slightly different stiff joints and such. My general rule is if it doesn't want to bend - don't force it... unless I really really really want it to bend :D

OMG Tuney >.< I was SO SURE i didn't want GR Clawdeen... then I saw your photos. Now I want her so bad :p
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:37:16 AM by CasseminaPie »
Come visit my blog!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 02, 2012, 02:57:20 AM »

'Sorta around budget' is pretty much my entire life philosophy :lol: terrible i know!

*guilty high-five*  ^^;
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2012, 03:30:50 AM »
Hey guys, could you help me with something? If the seller has send your package and was supposed to give you the track and trace info two days ago, would it be rude to ask for it again now?

It was posted to the MH Facebook the other day. Here's a pdf, along with the patterns used in her outfit:

They also have some up for Toralei, Rochelle, and Venus. Their stock photos are the same as they've always been but the patterns are pretty neat. :)

Thanks so much for posting these! I'm going to try my hand at making an avatar out of the Rochelle one now, which might be hard considering I don't have photoshop or anything like it at home.. xD

Would you mind if it was like your Operetta avatar? If so, I won't make it. But it's really cute and well done~

Oh dear, I believe I'm guilty of doing this too.. I recently bought Rochelle, now I'm waiting for w1 Lagoona to arrive. While I'm waiting on her, I'm only looking for more dolls.

This is how I do it too!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:51:16 AM by Tiffoes »

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #339 on: July 02, 2012, 03:57:55 AM »
I don't think it's rude at all to ask for the tracking if it wasn't supplied earlier :)
Come visit my blog!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #340 on: July 02, 2012, 04:02:50 AM »
Tsk! Tsk!

That's kinda what I did. My big box o' dolls that I just received last week were all dolls I'd purchased on eBay back in May. In the meantime, I'd bought a couple others here in NZ.

And now I'm still wanting to buy myself a Holt just for this one photo I want to take ... and I'm trying to justify it by saying that Jackson isn't complete without his other side. It's like you need two dolls to make the one character complete, you know? Even though I hate his outfit, I still kinda want him. I mean, I could always give him different clothes, right?

And at the same time, since he's kind of an old doll now and there's no guarantee he'll be rereleased, I feel like I ought to buy him while I still can, especially since the stores are all having toy sales right now. It's the perfect opportunity.

It's just that I've told my wife I won't be buying anything more, so if I were to get him, I'd have to try and keep it a secret, which would be bad.

If only I did know someone here in Auckland who had him so I could borrow him for the photo shoot.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #341 on: July 02, 2012, 04:20:22 AM »
I don't think it's rude at all to ask for the tracking if it wasn't supplied earlier :)

Okay then! I'll send her an email, thanks for awnsering.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 02, 2012, 04:48:05 AM »

Oh it worked, thank you :D

Adoptable made by me

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 02, 2012, 05:01:45 AM »
OMG Tuney >.< I was SO SURE i didn't want GR Clawdeen... then I saw your photos. Now I want her so bad :p

You should definitely get her. Once you get her out of those clothes, replace the green gloves, and part/tidy up her hair, she becomes an entirely different doll. I also removed the gold line of glitter across her forehead - whatever it was meant to be, I hated it.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2012, 05:09:48 AM »
Sounds like someone I'd get if I could find her nude. Heh.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal