collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35483 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #315 on: July 01, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »
Tuney those pics are gorgeous! Is that skelly girl re-rooted?

golden girl stuff is relatively rare ... it only lasted a year ... and it predates she-ra ... the whole line flopped because it was REALLY ahead of it's time ... it was too conan-esque for girls and too girly for boys ... no cartoon to tie into it ... but the line was pretty amazing ... i would love to own more of them ... they usually get lumped into lots with shera ... but i haven't been so lucky to find any yet ... really want dragon queen and  moth lady ... epic levels of want ... more at ghost fot he doll and they do have some info on wikipedia ...

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_GoldenGirl.htm
They are awesome...I so need both horses now though! Forgot to look at She-Ra stuff on eBay, will go have a closer look!

I just went on a MH splurge on ebay. That new "Pay After Delivery" feature on Paypal is DEADLY. My wallet is going to hate me in two weeks.  >_<
...Pay after... delivery...?

/smacks self. BAD ICY BAD.

I am SO glad we don't have this feature in the UK. Seriously.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #316 on: July 01, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »
NoDivision:  I am super interested in seeing your custom when she is finished.  I love the original idea of white and turquoise stripes.  I how you still plan to do that!

Thanks! That's still the plan, just have to get off my butt and actually put her hair in. Hairing dolls... *shudders*

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
The skeleton was a reroot done by the very talented Ravie.

As for the dresses the twins are wearing, I snagged them on etsy. They came from different sellers, I believe.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 01, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »
I just went on a MH splurge on ebay. That new "Pay After Delivery" feature on Paypal is DEADLY. My wallet is going to hate me in two weeks.  >_<

YES. I found out about it almost 2 weeks ago, when I was ordering a game off ebay. It gives you 14 days before the money is taken out of your account, but it pays the seller upfront, so you're paying after it makes it's way safely to you. It's supposed to give you added peace of mind when ordering things, but it's really just made almost a line of credit for me, since I get paid every two weeks. :X
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:40:16 PM by dxgirly »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »
Tuney! I loove what you did with Clawdeens hair! Just to perfect. :D

Shoot, got a reddish brown liv wig for my sea monster CAM and it's just not working. I was going for a scottish feel, but eek. DX Didn't work.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 01, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »

YES. I found out about it almost 2 weeks ago, when I was ordering a game off ebay. It gives you 14 days before the money is taken out of your account, but it pays the seller upfront, so you're paying after it makes it's way safely to you. It's supposed to give you added peace of mind when ordering things, but it's really just made almost a line of credit for me, since I get paid every two weeks. :X
Heh. I just looked into it... seems like it's meant for eBay purchases. As some of things I wanna go buy, with PayPal, won't allow me to use it... so Toys 'R' Us is out using it. Dammit >_>;

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #321 on: July 01, 2012, 05:22:29 PM »
I don't know if any of them be suitable for your photos, but there's some nice looking katanas (intended for 12" action figures/dolls, so the scale may be slightly larger than MH) up on ebay at the moment. You can find them by typing in "katana 1/6." Some are on the pricey side (they're made of actual metal) but they look really nice.
I will check it out. Thanks!

Well if you really want him, and not just for the photo.. Then I would get him. Though, didn't you say you weren't allowed to buy dolls for a while? I would wait then.
Well, that's the thing. I bought him once before on an impulse and decided I didn't like him, so I sold him. Now I want him again, but I don't know if I actually want him or just want him for the photo. I'll have to have a good look at him again. Sometimes I warm up to the dolls that I didn't like at first. I still think his outfit is pretty ugly though.

But also yes, I'm not really supposed to be buying anything for the next two months.

Sure, I'll try!
Thanks!

Oh dear. I just had the coolest idea for a photograph ... but it would involve me buying a Holt (he's still floating around the shops here in NZ, and most of them are having toy sales at the moment ...). I had one but I didn't like him at the time so I sold him. I think his outfit is fairly hideous. But now I am finding myself wanting him so I can take this photo. What do I do?! :help:
Maybe you could borrow him from a friend that has him..?
I don't know anyone else in Auckland who collects MH dolls, so there's no one for me to borrow him from. But that is a good idea!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:24:01 PM by pukunui »

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 01, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »
Well now I should stop buying dolls until Robecca and Venus come out (exception is Scary Tales Clawdeen and Draculaura)

2 more ghouls are in the mail and I have barely gotten Home Ick Frankie out of her package XD

I also have seen people taken pictures of their monster High dolls where they are standing in the pidgeon toe pose. How do you make them stand that way? I've tried with my new Frankie, but it doesn't work and I'm afraid to break her leg

Adoptable made by me

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 01, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »
I was at Target yesterday and was amazed to the MH shelves fully stocked - Nefera, Abbey, 1600, Operetta...

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 01, 2012, 06:20:53 PM »
Mandy: Where did you find that picture of Operetta?  Haven't seen that one before.....

SweetScoops:  I think I read that the I <3 Fashion dolls do not come with stands, too:(
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #325 on: July 01, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »
NoDivision:  I am super interested in seeing your custom when she is finished.  I love the original idea of white and turquoise stripes.  I how you still plan to do that!

Thanks! That's still the plan, just have to get off my butt and actually put her hair in. Hairing dolls... *shudders*
Her new face makeup looks really pretty so far ^_^ I love that you painted the lines in the lips!

OMG TUNEY!!! Those new dresses are SO pretty and I looooove your skeleton girl D: <3 I also just adore that cherry print dress that... Meowlody? The white-haired werecat is wearing. It's so so so so cute!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »

Her new face makeup looks really pretty so far ^_^ I love that you painted the lines in the lips!

OMG TUNEY!!! Those new dresses are SO pretty and I looooove your skeleton girl D: <3 I also just adore that cherry print dress that... Meowlody? The white-haired werecat is wearing. It's so so so so cute!

Thank you! I personally can't tell the twins apart. I'm calling them Shellie and Stephanie, after sisters I knew growing up - one was blonde, the other raven-haired. The cherry dress is quite adorable isn't it? I snatched it up a few days after I saw it. It's one of those one of a kind things that you just can't pass up.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »
Mandy: Where did you find that picture of Operetta?  Haven't seen that one before.....

It was posted to the MH Facebook the other day. Here's a pdf, along with the patterns used in her outfit:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Operetta_Guide.pdf

They also have some up for Toralei, Rochelle, and Venus. Their stock photos are the same as they've always been but the patterns are pretty neat. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Toralei_Guide.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Rochelle_Guide.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Venus_Guide.pdf

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »
UUUUGH YOU GUYS I am dying.  I just cannot WAIT for my Draculara to get here!!!! T_________T Am I the only one who gets all antsy when I'm waiting on a doll??  I feel like a little kid trying to wait on opening Christmas presents!! XD

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2012, 11:53:36 PM »

It was posted to the MH Facebook the other day. Here's a pdf, along with the patterns used in her outfit:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Operetta_Guide.pdf

They also have some up for Toralei, Rochelle, and Venus. Their stock photos are the same as they've always been but the patterns are pretty neat. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Toralei_Guide.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Rochelle_Guide.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219348/Venus_Guide.pdf

I really like that shot of Operetta a lot more than the one on her box/site bio. XP

@folly: Keep yourself occupied!! Don't look at pictures of Draculaura cause that'll do the opposite!! XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal