collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35328 times)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
I actually like the new one better. Good for me

Should I get you one then?

If you see her while shopping sure!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2012, 11:57:48 AM »
Ohh, signature Lagoona!! I've always wanted her for her cute pet-fish, but whenever I see them on evilbay it gets too darn expensive. :B
Great lot overall, tho! :heart:

I think I like the new cupid's face better.. but since I am not too fond of her design in general and I promised myself to only buy those MHs I *really really* like, I don't think I'll ever be getting either of them. :P

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »
Ohh, signature Lagoona!! I've always wanted her for her cute pet-fish, but whenever I see them on evilbay it gets too darn expensive. :B

If you want the fish, I can send it to you!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2012, 12:00:35 PM »

If you want the fish, I can send it to you!

What, what really? °v°
Goshhhh- PMing you! :heart:

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »
I just scored a lot of dolls on craigslist!
Yay congrats!! I keep looking for them, but I've only ever seen one thrifting. It was a poor lala whose hands and feet had been gnawed on by a dog :( She was in someone else's cart unfortunately or I would have got her to customize.

I got these:

So many great dolls<3

Adoptable made by me

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #290 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04:35 PM »
Congrats on getting all those dolls Hannaliten!

I prefer the original one...the new one looks like someone pinched her bum.

Hahaha, that made me laugh.. a lot. xD

I know what you mean! When I saw the stock image of that Lala I thought she'd have like a curly updo... fro thing, not just a ponytail. :<

Yeah same here! I loved that fro.

Lucky find on the clothes! As much as I love Rochelle, I think Frankie's outfit looks particularly nice here. n_n

Aww thank you! I agree, Rochelle's outfit seems a bit bland (if I said that correctly!).

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2012, 12:32:29 PM »
I went out today because my fiancee got a phone with a $30 gift card that came with it. So I grabbed the sea monster/ vampire CAM set since that's all I could find at three Targets. I also stopped by Toys R Us and saw a bunch of re-release but no Spectra sadly. We decided to see a movie instead of me getting any dolls from there (even though I had to resist the La Dee Da girls). What I find funny is that one the way out somebody had totally ditched a re-release Cupid in an impulse bin. I almost got her, but I realized I actually don't like her that much. It's her dress I love. DX

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
Can I ask who the black/pink horse is in the background please?

the black horse with pink hair int he background is Shadow from the "the Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstone" series, random yard sale find for 10 cents ... same with the baby moondancer near her lol

and it's not so much that her lower legs/arms are different, they  match the origianl VERY well ... it's like they changed her UPPER limbs to a more creamy color ... you can see the new lower limbs match the origianl lower limbs, but the upper limbs are more off white ... more of a BONE color which lends itself to her being a bone elemental ... the difference is a bit distracting, definately agree there
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
I know what you mean! When I saw the stock image of that Lala I thought she'd have like a curly updo... fro thing, not just a ponytail. :<
Yeah same here! I loved that fro.
One of our Aussie members posted a photo of the actual doll in-box a while back, and I recall thinking that I liked the actual doll much better than the one on the box art. I am having a lot of trouble getting into Draculaura, and the powder room doll is the first one I think I really like. I don't like her usually severe hairstyles or her rather heavy makeup, so the more "stripped bare" powder room doll's face-up appeals to me, as does her softer, curly hair (especially the fringe).

Mattel is sending me a $36 voucher as compensation for some floppy dolls, and I'm going to have my mother put it towards a powder room + doll set (we only get the powder room sans doll here, since we have no TRUs in this country) for me.

My GB Lala arrived the other day and I spent last night trying to do something with her hair, but I honestly can't do anything with it without leaving obvious bald patches on her head. I think she's also got the beginnings of glue seepage ~ her hair was feeling a little waxy down by her scalp, but I washed and conditioned her hair last night and it seems OK now.

But I still am having trouble getting into her. I'm also disappointed because her Day at the Maul tights were badly stitched together so the row of bows want to be on the inside of her legs instead of at the front where they're supposed to be ...  :huh:

I'm not sure I'm going to keep her. I really wanted to like her. I thought the GB version was the one I liked best, but now I'm not so sure. I even like my Home Ick Frankie better, and I was sure I was just going to strip her nude and sell her right away. Now I'm having second thoughts. I might keep Frankie and sell Lala instead.

Sigh ...

EDIT: Found this on Flickr:

Draculaura's Powder Room by J-Krlos, on Flickr

Even if her hair's not in a curly fro, I still think I like this Lala better than any of the others. I like that she doesn't have so much eye makeup on, and I also like that her fringe isn't so severely straight or in the stereotypical vampirical 'v' shape.

I'm also jazzed that she comes with her pet, as I am still looking to get Count Fabulous, although I do wish s/he wasn't wearing a bathrobe. That'll limit her useability as a photography subject. (Whereas Lala's bathrobe can double as a kimono. I have visions of doing a photoshoot of her in that kimono wielding a katana. If only I could find one that's the right scale ...)

I do wish the mirror was a real mirror and not just a picture but oh well ... we can't have everything we want, right? ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:25:55 PM by pukunui »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »
Can I ask who the black/pink horse is in the background please?

the black horse with pink hair int he background is Shadow from the "the Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstone" series, random yard sale find for 10 cents ... same with the baby moondancer near her lol

Thankyou! :hug: What a bargain! I'm hitting up eBay looking for one, need her in my life now!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2012, 02:28:41 PM »
Thankyou! :hug: What a bargain! I'm hitting up eBay looking for one, need her in my life now!
I have to agree: a black horse with pink hair is much more fitting for MH than the pink or purple Barbie unicorns I was looking at in the shop the other day. Wouldn't it be awesome if, were they ever to do the headless headmaster doll, they also did her nightmare horse? I would so buy that!

EDIT: Doesn't look like there's much in the way of "Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstone" stuff on eBay at the moment. What I did find looks very Conan-esque, with lots of beautiful women scantily clad in furs and armor and wielding swords and stuff. They look like they came straight out of a Larry Elmore fantasy painting.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:44:50 PM by pukunui »

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2012, 02:31:11 PM »

First picture of my new Home Ick Frankie :D

I LOVE her. Her hair and face up is lovely<3
Though her striped dress can barely be called a dress XD

Will take better pictures of her tomorrow since the lightning is so bad

Adoptable made by me

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 01, 2012, 02:39:34 PM »
I LOVE her. Her hair and face up is lovely<3
I'm still debating whether or not I want to keep mine. I don't really like that plastered straight fringe. And I've found that I prefer the shorter-haired Frankies. My SS Frankie is my favorite (although I'd like her even more if she was in color) and I'm looking forward to getting my RM Frankie as well.

I was thinking that since Mattel is sending me the RM Frankie as a replacement for my wave 2 Frankie with the broken arm, I thought rather than sell her, I'd just use her as my guinea pig. I already used her as my test subject for using the hair dryer to heat up the head enough to get it off. Next I'm thinking I'll use her as a test subject for giving my dolls a haircut. If I can give Home Ick Frankie a cute little bob to go with that fringe, then I might just like her enough to keep her.

I know, right?! It's more like a long shirt or blouse or something. At least she's got those cute as leggings on underneath. (To be honest, the only reason I got her in the first place was for those tights and her shoes, which are to die for!)

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 01, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »

I know, right?! It's more like a long shirt or blouse or something. At least she's got those cute as leggings on underneath. (To be honest, the only reason I got her in the first place was for those tights and her shoes, which are to die for!)

I changed into her other dress, I like that one more :D though it was hard to get on both belt, apron and stand holder around her waist XD

Adoptable made by me

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 01, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
I have to agree: a black horse with pink hair is much more fitting for MH than the pink or purple Barbie unicorns I was looking at in the shop the other day. Wouldn't it be awesome if, were they ever to do the headless headmaster doll, they also did her nightmare horse? I would so buy that!

EDIT: Doesn't look like there's much in the way of "Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstone" stuff on eBay at the moment. What I did find looks very Conan-esque, with lots of beautiful women scantily clad in furs and armor and wielding swords and stuff. They look like they came straight out of a Larry Elmore fantasy painting.

Yep it's going to be one of those toys I'm going to be searching years for!

I was looking at a couple of my Barbie horses earlier and wondering if I should paint them to be more MH. Plastic-friendly spray paint should do it, with the detail done in acrylics...the problem being is I like them all too much to cutomise! Think I'm going to have to hit the charity shops tomorrow and see what I can find.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal