collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35395 times)

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
Just finished a little shoot, Monsters in Drag. hehe. The remainder of the shots are on my flickr.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

016 by tuneful87, on Flickr

013 by tuneful87, on Flickr

BWAHAHAHAHA... omg. 

do.

want.

drag race.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2012, 06:49:46 PM »
Congrats, ponyseeker and jupi! While the new Abbey is pretty, I mainly want her for those three pairs of shoes! I will hit  up my local TRU tomorrow, I think...

Ravie - DT Clawdeen is ok in my opinion, but GR Clawdeen is just spectacular. Spectacular, I say! I plan to take photos of mine tomorrow.

This morning I was ecstatic when three custom Lolita dresses from Poland arrived in the mail for me. They are so, so well done, and so, so pretty! Sally McBones, black-haired Frankie, and mohawk Clawdeen are currently rocking them. Photos tomorrow.

ETA: Here are some of the dresses the seller makes. Each are custom. She's really fab, don't you think?

Her shop is deisdollhouse on etsy if anyone is interested. Last month she had a special offer of $19.99 for a custom dress, and I managed to snag the last spot!
WOW!!! These are really, really beautiful. Can't wait to see photos of your new dresses <3

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
I'm liking the GB version more and more, but the back of her head is sparsely rooted. Do you do partial reroots? All she really needs is a few more plugs here and there. She totally has a bald spot in the back of her head, and it's kinda sad.

I haven't really been able to determine the clawdeen brown yet, it's not quite chestnut, but i haven't had too much of a chance to really narrow it down either ^^;

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »
I'm liking the GB version more and more, but the back of her head is sparsely rooted. Do you do partial reroots? All she really needs is a few more plugs here and there. She totally has a bald spot in the back of her head, and it's kinda sad.

I haven't really been able to determine the clawdeen brown yet, it's not quite chestnut, but i haven't had too much of a chance to really narrow it down either ^^;

It doesn't have to be an exact match. Any dark brown would do, really! Anything would be better than the bald spot she has!

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2012, 07:43:44 PM »
Those dolly dresses made by deisdollhouse are just fabulous! Gd@that Spectra in the white hooded coat. Absolutely stunning.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2012, 07:53:04 PM »
Thanks, Tiffoes:)  I've always wondered about that story but never looked into it :huh:  I remember looking at a picture book about it before I was able to read.  I would make up my own story to go with the pictures.  I always thought the Princess was just high matinence:)  I guess that's why Cleo came to mind :lol:

No problem whatsoever, glad I could help!
Aw that sounds so sweet~

Haha, that's understandable, I agree with Aellos though, Cleo would probably still work very well!

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2012, 08:12:26 PM »
Just finished a little shoot, Monsters in Drag. hehe. The remainder of the shots are on my flickr.

<3 it!!  A drag race would be awesome.  Though the only boys I have are Gil and Deuce, I'd have to figure out some way to get a wig on them. >_>

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »
Okay......sudden urge to make a Doctor MH boy. >.> Don't quite have the funds for that.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »

<3 it!!  A drag race would be awesome.  Though the only boys I have are Gil and Deuce, I'd have to figure out some way to get a wig on them. >_>

That and it's extremely hard to dress them as their biceps are bigger, chests broader, and thighs wider. They're wearing Barbie dresses...they fill them out fairly well actually.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2012, 08:26:40 PM »
I reckon they should do a bed for Cleo, and it should be a sarcophagus.

Also, someone was talking, I think in the last thread, about how Rochelle's colors never seem to come through properly in pictures. It's true that there are some colors that cameras just can't capture. Certain shades of purple are one. For instance, the purple in this shot I took of Clawdeen last night isn't anywhere near as rich as the actual color:

dressed to kill by pukunui81, on Flickr

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2012, 09:11:38 PM »
Can someone please help me out?  I'm looking for something like the top Cameron is wearing in this picture:

I can buy the doll for $14.99, but all I want is that shirt, and the hat, too.  Alittle too much for a shirt, plus I'd have a whole bunch of leftover stuff I'd never use. 

Anyone have something similar laying around, collecting dust?  Know a seller/are a seller who can make me one?  I'd like it to fit really close to the body, as I plan to layer another shirt on top. 

By the way, this should fit a CAM, right?  Because I'll probably cave and buy it anyway :(

Or maybe you could tell me when you think people will start selling these dolls by pieces on Ebay.  I've been looking, but all they have are MIBs starting at $20.

It is a "True Hope" Bratz boy doll, BTW:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2012, 09:19:51 PM »
Can someone please help me out?  I'm looking for something like the top Cameron is wearing in this picture:

I can buy the doll for $14.99, but all I want is that shirt, and the hat, too.  Alittle too much for a shirt, plus I'd have a whole bunch of leftover stuff I'd never use. 

Anyone have something similar laying around, collecting dust?  Know a seller/are a seller who can make me one?  I'd like it to fit really close to the body, as I plan to layer another shirt on top. 

By the way, this should fit a CAM, right?  Because I'll probably cave and buy it anyway :(

Or maybe you could tell me when you think people will start selling these dolls by pieces on Ebay.  I've been looking, but all they have are MIBs starting at $20.

It is a "True Hope" Bratz boy doll, BTW:)

Unfortunately I don't know where else you might get such a shirt, but I did come across a nice size comparison post while semi-researching the same problem for my new CAM boys:

http://www.pinkterrier.com/?p=2379

Just looking at the picture, I bet the Bratz top would fit, but it seems like Ken might be a better pants source, because of the height. Do share whatever you find/decide to do, though. :3

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »
Actually, apparently Barbie pants are the best first for MH boys. Heh.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2012, 09:35:19 PM »
Soooooo, I made a quick stop by two walmarts are a target today and here is what I saw:
Target - GB 5 packs, operetta\abbey\frankie\clawdeen\lagoona fashion packs, the Draculaura club pack, and the 1600 girls
Walmarts - Signature frankie\Draculaura\spectra, wave 2 clawdeen, and a massive amount of the new cupids, and CAM sets

What did I come home with?

A Rochelle a friend picked up for me a month ago, the gargolye boy CAM, and Abbey's fashion pack

Oh! and I might have some liv wigs for sale later >.>

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #254 on: June 30, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »
If anyone is interested in altering doll clothes to fit their monster high Guys and Ghouls here is one little trick i've developed

Get some Fabri-Tac Glue (I got mine at a fabric store and its been my most favorite tool to use with my art since I do not have to sew any more or get my fingers all rough with crazy glue)

I put the garment of clothing i want to alter on my Monster High Doll and see where to take it in from the back by folding the velcro pieces while stuck together over. Then i figure how many folds are needed with the velcro strips to fit the doll the way i want. Before Gluing i reme the garment. I then fold the velcro strip on the back of the garment over and have the velcro piece on the top. I add the glue under the fold so that the garment has been taken in a little bit. I do this to both sides so that it is equal at the back. You fold the garment more times but in an accordion style so that the velcro is still usable so that it can fit your monster high doll. Yes I does get a little buckly back there but some garments you don't have to take in much as others. Barbie Jeans for MH guys only took one fold for me and Liv and Moxie Girls took too folds for me since i like my outfits a bit more snug. Hope this is understandable lol was hard to type and not be able to show you step by step what i do. If needed i can take some instructional pix if any one is interested.

here are some Liv, Moxie and Bratz Clothes I've picked up at the thrift store I've altered for some cute fashions for my extra Monster High Dolls to wear.
ENJOY!

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal