collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35294 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »
...Is it sad that I'm looking under the seats of my mom's car for spare doll money?

$1.20 has been added to the Frankie Fund! :D
Maybe not sad but certainly desperate! Are you saving up for any Frankie in particular?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »
...Is it sad that I'm looking under the seats of my mom's car for spare doll money?

$1.20 has been added to the Frankie Fund! :D

I haven't done the car seats, but I have gone through drawers all over the house and a few times through the car(s). So If I do it, it shouldn't be sad.

I actually found a dollar today myself!
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »
So I'm thinking about sending Mattel an email about Daughter of Arachne. I just can't help myself! I hope to draft something later this weekend, perhaps Sunday...

Honestly, what would that even accomplish? They held votes for who should be the next doll and Arachne did not win, so she did not get made. How is sending them an email(and I am sure plenty have done so) going to do anything other than get on their nerves.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but honestly I think there are far better things you could email Mattel about then all but begging them to make a doll.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »
In other news, I swapped my Cleos' heads today and they look great! I also swapped the hands, as I didn't really like GB Cleo's hands as much. The hands are slightly off-color with the GB body, but you can't really tell, and 2.0 Cleo's head was already somewhat mismatched with her body and it just so happens to match with GB Cleo's body pretty well. Yay! Now I can get rid of that horribly floppy 2.0 Cleo body. The GB Cleo body is much better. The joints are all much tighter, and her hips are the new plastic joints rather than the elastic.

Speaking of which, I was a bit disappointed to find that my Jackson has elastic hips. Being a newer doll, I was expecting him to have the new plastic hip joints. Oh well. I also gave him a good haircut today. Looks much better. Now he doesn't look like he's just come back from a visit to a really cheap barber shop.

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »
So I'm thinking about sending Mattel an email about Daughter of Arachne. I just can't help myself! I hope to draft something later this weekend, perhaps Sunday...

Honestly, what would that even accomplish? They held votes for who should be the next doll and Arachne did not win, so she did not get made. How is sending them an email(and I am sure plenty have done so) going to do anything other than get on their nerves.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but honestly I think there are far better things you could email Mattel about then all but begging them to make a doll.
Asking a few question isn't really rude. The worst that happens is they say "We can't tell you that" or "I don't have that information." Asking questions NEVER hurts, if anything it brings things to the companies attention that might be put into motion at a later date!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2012, 06:26:37 PM »
I have a feeling all of those dolls from the vote will be made, eventually. Personally, I'd love to see Headmistress Bloodgood in tangible doll form someday :D

Also WOW, Skull Shores Cleo is beautiful! Hopefully people are buying the sets for Frankie and she'll show up fairly cheaply by herself in a little while...

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2012, 06:32:47 PM »
http://www.specktra.net/t/178440/monster-high-fashion-dolls/270

Just a few pictures for your peepers! I know most, probably all of them have been shown here but I still like gawking at what is yet to come! And since this thread moves so fast I figure a little repost action can't hurt..
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »

Just a few pictures for your peepers! I know most, probably all of them have been shown here but I still like gawking at what is yet to come! And since this thread moves so fast I figure a little repost action can't hurt..
Thanks for the link! Hehe, I loled at Frankie's little saying on the back of the SS 5-pack box. "It's amazing how bright and colourful everything is!"

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:29 PM »

Thanks for the link! Hehe, I loled at Frankie's little saying on the back of the SS 5-pack box. "It's amazing how bright and colourful everything is!"

lol Oh the irony. XD

Ooo I'm still excited over the new dolls that'll be coming from the Scaris: City if Fright set!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »
The Scary Tales dolls are so beautiful! Well, Frankie and Clawdeen anyway. Ula...I'm gonna have to see more pictures, but that green dress... I sorely doubt it's her color. Still! I can't wait for them all. :3 I just know I'm gonna be tempted to keep them MIB, but I also want to play with them... XD At least with the Ghouls Rule line I won't feel bad at all about taking those beauties out of their boxes. Not a great box to begin with, and then add in dat CGI, urgh. I guess it's kind of a good thing, haha, for making that choice easy for me.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2012, 07:06:53 PM »
Tuney:  I'll be using a double Vampire CAM for Puma Boy.  His stock shorts cover his upper legs completely, I just need to find something to cover his upper body.  I don't understand why they release add-on packs with tanks and halter tops?  If you're not going to give us the parts we need, at least give us proper clothes to cover up the mismatched pieces!  I think I'm finished tearing apart extra dolls to build CAMs.  I'd rather spend the $20 to not have to deal with drilling out those legs.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »
GAH upcoming releases overload ... I'm so excited for the TRU exclusive Abbey and Frankie sets. They rock!!!

Speaking of new dolls ... WOOT!!! I made a bit more off book royalties than expected this month; therefore the ghost and bee have joined my ghoulfriends.

Honey Yellowjacket:

Rowena Phantasma:

Both are on the CAM werewolf bodies. Eventually I'm definitely getting a yellow torso for Honey, though!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
I have a feeling all of those dolls from the vote will be made, eventually.

I agree! I mean, if they're making the Voodoo doll and a bagillion new CAMs and other characters, it's inevitable that Bloodgood and Arachne will get released as well. Eventually. I think once Scarah is finally out, we may start to hear more. And I think the fact that Arachne won the facebook vote is a good sign as well!

Kala: congrats on your royalties!

grzan: Yeah, it sucks all around. I'm hoping someone uses Holt's body parts to complete the puma and sells him on ebay!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
Thanks to the awesome grzankitter I'm getting a Gargoyle boy. I'm deciding on flocking him or sculpting hair on him. P: I'm also piecing together his outfit from stuff online. So far I found a pair of barbie khakis. Haha, so he won't be going nude!

I'm trying to think of a personality for him. I can't get away from French hipster. (Look at me, I love the CAM sets so much that I can't help but give them personalities before I get them!)

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2012, 07:31:43 PM »
@ pukunui Killer Style - She's my favorite version of Frankie, with Home Ick as a close second :3
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal