collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doll Furniture Self Challenge- (Ch.7- page 17)  (Read 15113 times)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Doll Furniture Self Challenge?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 12:17:55 PM »
These are for Pullips, but the furniture works for any doll in that size range. Turn on Captions (CC button) when watching these:

Floor Lamp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX_xKo0tC9s&feature=channel&list=UL

Bar Counter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12rL0ic5xGc&feature=channel&list=UL

Fire Place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr8E1C95YYo&feature=channel&list=UL

DollsandCrafts (http://www.youtube.com/user/DollsAndCrafts?feature=watchv) has a lot of Barbie Furniture tutorials

I have some doll furniture that I bought at an antique store, I'll post them later.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »
I am so glad I posted here, you guys are great! I am lovin all these. I got the stuff for a backdrop/fold-out room thing and my chaise lounge which will hopefully be tufted ivory velvet. I also just bought a Barbie Corvette convertible to modify for my MH custom doll (if I am ever happy with her eye painting). Trying to figure out how to make it her style. I wish I had a 30's roadster for her... of well. Anyone else modified cars before?

This person made the cutest Bel 'Scare' convertible. And the funniest MH Elvis doll
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fancy_girl/6702116039/in/photostream/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:11:50 PM by Salli »

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:43 PM »
I've found a lot of dolly furniture at my thrift store (which is now shut down) and here are some pictures of them.. and no picture of mine is complete without my lovely Ghoulia!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I found this for $6 or so. It's a jewerly box, but is the perfect size for a dolly dresser. It has a mirror and everything!

A miniature vending machine that actually works - if you press the little yellow buttons, any candy that is in there (you put the candy in through the back) will go to the bottom, just like the real ones. I might make some itty bitty candies and put them in there :3

I really love this! I got it for $15, and I saw it on eBay for $70, and some were even listed for $100+. The great thing about it is that it's the perfect for MH dolls, and it has lots of pots and pans (some aren't pictured).

I have some more stuff, but I don't want to post a wall of pictures. Anyway... Long story short - go to your local thrift/antique store! You'll find some great stuff, for a great price.

EDIT: Oh, and I want to do all the challenges too! :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:45:56 PM by JigglesTheCat »
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »
wow all these links and pics soo cool I've been looking for stuff like this I'm redoing a doll castle and it needs furniture now I can MAKE stuff for it!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 07:32:19 AM »
My OH is currently repainting a Barbie townhouse for me. I've made a couple of backdrops too, will grab some pics when I can. I also found a Bratz or Barbie scooter at a bootsale over the weekend for a quid, it's black already so just got to get some decals on it :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 08:59:32 AM »
I think I may join in, I can't gurantee I'll do everyone , due to running 2 events, but I will be watching this very closely, I love the idea! :heart:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Doll Furniture Self Challenge- (Week 1- see page 2)
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 10:14:56 AM »
I am just going to keep the challenges here since we already have some fabulous links on here :D

CHALLENGE 1: Make/buy/acquire (legally ;) ) a chair/sofa. Something for your doll to sit on :)

This week I am going to try  :unsure: to make a chaise lounge.

Jiggles, thanks for the pix! I was looking at some standing jewelry boxes yesterday and your pic really halped me 'visualize' what it would look like and the stove!!! Oh wow. I love Victorian stuff and that is amazing! Is it cast iron?

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »
I used to have one of those cast iron stoves. The pots were copper (ish) and I loved playing with it, dunno where it went to. :(
As for ideas - a plushy washcloth is ideal for a nice rug, scarves/kerchiefs make great back drops as well as sometimes a nice little throw to put on the back of the couch. You can really do alot with cardboard and some tape with paint or paper to cover the construction. My sister and I used to love tissue boxes and pencil boxes. Pencil boxes are great for "storage" trunks for Barbies and the like.
There is also a nice Barbie car in stores now, I would assume MH would fit in it. I looked on ebay and it seems Barbie has alot of cool cars.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 10:47:29 AM »
I think I'll be trying this! :)

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 10:58:16 AM »
I'm gonna give this a shot too I need to make a chair for the castle anyway

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »
I am just going to keep the challenges here since we already have some fabulous links on here :D

CHALLENGE 1: Make/buy/acquire (legally ;) ) a chair/sofa. Something for your doll to sit on :)

Cools! Will have to go have a think and see what I can come up with :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »

Jiggles, thanks for the pix! I was looking at some standing jewelry boxes yesterday and your pic really halped me 'visualize' what it would look like and the stove!!! Oh wow. I love Victorian stuff and that is amazing! Is it cast iron?

YAY! I don't know what  should make. I think I want to make a bean bag chair, and maybe buy a table with a set of chairs.

No problem! And yeah, it's cast iron :)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »
It worked!!! I spent almost the entire day making this. Please don't be scared off, you don't have to make something fancy. Bean bag chairs sound so amazing!! And great for lots of different poses. One thing I noticed with my chaise is that it's kind of limited for posing. It's pretty though and I want one for me :D

I didn't take process photos but I used a double layer of foam board for the bottom and back, a single layer for that weird arm thing. Then I used 1" foam chair pads (WalMart craft section) and did the tufting with just a needle and thread. I mostly used glue gun on this one.

The feet are poorly whittled balsa wood. I stuck pins through the bottom and into the legs to really stabilize them before gluing them. I was just going to do straight wood legs, but I love Victoriany-looking stuff.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
Woo hoo! Please post pix everyone, I can't wait to see :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal