collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this an accurate ending value?  (Read 3313 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Is this an accurate ending value?
« on: June 27, 2012, 05:22:59 AM »
Pony prices seem to be all over the place, and apparently I can see the reason many do NOT allow "0" FB bidders...

Please tell me this is NOT an accurate ending value:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=221052021047

Is the market just crazy these days? I saw the mother sell in a couple of auctions for 100+ I think even $150+

Cotton Candy selling for $20+ IN MULTIPLE AUCTIONS (AND MINE ONLY SOLD FOR THE OPENING BID...)- wow sorry for caps lock...

I know we have another thread on this already, but what kind of trends are other there? I know ponies & Petals ALWAYS gets great prices on their ponies- many other sellers have equally good (or better) conditioned ones and only get about 1/3 the cost... did you see that buggy go for $46? I sold one for under $8 (but it was missing the heart topper)

Then there was this spectacular accessories lot ton of accessories I tell you- ended at just under $125 (110)!

Are there any current trends?

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Is this an accurate ending value?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 07:16:47 AM »
That seemed pretty high to me.  I won a NM one for $55ish around Christmas.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 08:28:57 AM »
Maybe this seller is more known on Ebay and that's why she has more viewers (& bidders) to her auction?

I'm curious if that 0 feedback bidder will actually pay, by the way.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
The winning bid may have been from 0 feedback [dont I know all about those at the moment..*grumpy face*]...but the buyer who bid it up to $175 has significant feedback so clearly someone was willing to pay a little off the top price.

Here is where I ll get shouted down lol. I posted recently that the pair with their accessories complete I thought were in the $400 ish region...however I think a couple of people mentioned that that was a little high. I really do think that if Sweet Scoops is $400 ish and Punzie is $600 then a MO Baby should normally be about the $150+ mark. And this gal looks to have super pink hair! I would happily have paid that to upgrade mine.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 08:41:30 PM »
I agree completely with Hathorcat.  I would also pay $150ish to upgrade my MO baby. That one has such nice hair!! How did I miss this?!?

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:00:54 PM »
I've sold 2 sets of Mommy & Baby in the last few months & got $225-250 for each set. I think $150 a piece is an accurate price for them in excellent condition.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »
I think the MO mom and baby set fluctuates so much from the 50-100 dollar mark.  Over the years I have seen them sell for as low as $50 to up to $200. They are a weird pair. I think $150 is a little on the high side but $50-$55 like Kellyponyfeathers paid is a little on the low side, but like others said, she looks to be in fantastic condition!

Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:43:30 AM »
Omg.... you want crazy prices? The ending bid on this auction made my jaw drop... Did you guys see this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221034757269?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1182

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 01:04:53 AM »
Okay marlin, you win this round!

I think if someone wanted to get the baby to go with the mommy it'd be easy to get that high. How did anyone get one for $55!!!!!!!??? Well done there! I would pay about $150 if I had the money because I really want baby for the Mum, so that's only $28 more...and if you've bid that far why not try to win. Just my thoughts. but no,$1,1250 is crazy.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 01:27:47 AM »
I bought my set last year both were individual BIN from the same seller both just about perfect with amazing pink hair and I'm pretty sure I paid around $150 each.  I'm a fussy collector though so I'd happily pay a little more for a pony with perect pink hair, factory curls etc especially if' it's a rare or popular pony

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 01:40:10 AM »
Omg.... you want crazy prices? The ending bid on this auction made my jaw drop... Did you guys see this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221034757269?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1182

:dropjaw:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 02:10:19 AM »

I guess it's worth that to the buyer :) the mommy pony is very rare, so when she comes up for sale people seem to go mad.

On a doll forum I'm on, we don't have price checks, because the  oldie collectors say that the dolls are worth whatever a collector is willing to pay :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 02:17:10 AM »

I guess it's worth that to the buyer :) the mommy pony is very rare, so when she comes up for sale people seem to go mad.

On a doll forum I'm on, we don't have price checks, because the  oldie collectors say that the dolls are worth whatever a collector is willing to pay :)

I like this last line! That is completely what I believe...a vintage pony has no RRP so its "worth" is set by the person buying it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 06:25:20 AM »
I had actually seen that one- I'm wondering if it was actually paid for...
In that condition the start price was too high for me!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 09:24:24 AM »
I don't really know but did anyone read this seller's feedback. Um yikes I wouldn't take the risk for a pony really...you guys are talking about the bidder...I just looked at the seller's page on that auction.  Also there could be some shilling going on in some auctions. I hate to say that...but its a little odd for anyone to spend 20.00 for Cotton Candy.  I guess someone could be new to ponies and do it not realizing that, but if it involves a zero bidder I always wonder. ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:28:09 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal