collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 30 Day Challenge- DOLLY CHECK INS :)  (Read 5227 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: 30 Day Challenge- DOLLY CHECK INS :)
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 03:45:59 PM »
Well... a lot of dolls are certainly starting to look surprisingly good as of late XP but I'm going strong for now ;)
I hear you! I didn't like any of the GR girls at first, but then I saw Tuney's shot of Frankie with her hair down. I didn't know she had a streak of white in amongst the black. Makes her look like the mom from the Munsters.

But I shall resist! Since the GR dolls aren't exclusives, I'm sure we'll get them here in NZ eventually, so I can wait till then.

I am going to be making an exception to my no buying rule soon, as Mattel sent me a voucher as compensation for some really floppy dolls. I've asked my mom to put it towards a Powder Room Lala set and an I Heart Fashion Abbey. I'm hoping she'll be able to find them both at one of her local TRUs.

Oh, and I might make an exception for a color SS Frankie, as someone has said they might sell me theirs. But I would most likely sell my b/w Frankie.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »
How is everyone doing?
I had a bit of a downfall but I had predicted it, I promised my family I would only buy one more doll, and last night, thanks to a wonderful member, I was able to. I do feel bad, but this was my last doll for a year or so. I won't be buying anything else now, my bank needs some time to re-couperate!

I'm probably going to have a go at making some props and clothing now to save me money, and huge congratulations to those of you doing so well, I'm going to set myself straight on the road again to saving money!

WAS IT GIL!?!?
And heya gaiz! I checked out some dolls today at the mall before a movie and was soooooo tempted to buy something, as I hoarded some of my tips, but I knew I couldn't. We might need those tips given our current situation and my mom was nice enough to let us go to the movies. That and this challenge. Hope you guys can get me to stay on track!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 09:41:53 AM »
Sadly I cannot say until the doll in question gets here.... :P

Well done everyone!

Pukunui: That's okay, since it is a voucher, if it only costs you £5 that's fine since you're using a voucher and getting a good deal!
xx

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 03:00:03 AM »
Pukunui: That's okay, since it is a voucher, if it only costs you £5 that's fine since you're using a voucher and getting a good deal!
It's a US$36 voucher. The Powder Room Lala exclusive set apparently only costs $30, so I'm hoping one of the I Heart Fashion sets will be at the store so my mother can put the other $6 towards that and then I'll just pay the difference.

Repulsive333

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2012, 01:35:51 PM »
OMG my work just got in the fashion Abbey and Frankie!!! I AM SO UPSET! :(

Help me guys! I need to resist! :/

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »
OMG my work just got in the fashion Abbey and Frankie!!! I AM SO UPSET! :(

Help me guys! I need to resist! :/
Can you put them on layby (sorry, layaway) or something?

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2012, 11:24:21 AM »
So how is everybody doing?

So far, I have only slipped up the once mentioned, but I'm on the good and narrow now :)
xxx

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »
I'm doing pretty well so far. I'm going to be going to Trader Joe's tomorrow, and there's a Target nearby, so I'm going to have to avoid going there. >.< It's going to be hard because as soon as I see that logo, I want to go in there and look for dolls. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2012, 02:51:55 PM »
I slipped up yesterday.  :blush:

I've had this great idea for a shot of Jackson and Holt together, but I didn't have Holt. I'd seen him on the shelves a bit when I first started looking, and had even bought one back in May, but I decided his outfit was too hideous and sold him (at a small loss, I might add). Someone suggested I find one to borrow for the photo; unfortunately I don't know anyone else who collects MH dolls in Auckland ...

Anyway, I went looking just in case, and as it happens he's gone from all the places at which I'd seen him before ... but then just yesterday I was at a mall out east and found what could very well have been the last Holt in Auckland and what's more he was on sale for $10 off.

So I bought him.  :blush:

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2012, 03:42:09 PM »
I slipped up yesterday.  :blush:

I've had this great idea for a shot of Jackson and Holt together, but I didn't have Holt. I'd seen him on the shelves a bit when I first started looking, and had even bought one back in May, but I decided his outfit was too hideous and sold him (at a small loss, I might add). Someone suggested I find one to borrow for the photo; unfortunately I don't know anyone else who collects MH dolls in Auckland ...

Anyway, I went looking just in case, and as it happens he's gone from all the places at which I'd seen him before ... but then just yesterday I was at a mall out east and found what could very well have been the last Holt in Auckland and what's more he was on sale for $10 off.

So I bought him.  :blush:

I don't blame you! I would have bought him too, Holt is awesome. <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »
I don't blame you! I would have bought him too, Holt is awesome. <3
Thanks. I didn't think so at first (which is why I sold the first one I bought) but once I got Jackson, I started getting this nagging feeling that somehow he wouldn't be "complete" without Holt. Yes, they're separate toys, but they're the two halves of the same character. I'm glad I managed to find him again. I do feel guilty though. I know my wife will be angry when she finds out.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2012, 11:36:18 PM »
Well, Holt is a veeery hard to find doll and he was ten bucks off. I wouldn't feel toooo guilty.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
Well, Holt is a veeery hard to find doll and he was ten bucks off. I wouldn't feel toooo guilty.
I'm more feeling guilty about keeping it from my wife than I am about breaking the challenge. I think I'm going to have to tell her sooner or later. My conscience is getting the better of me (which is not in any way a bad thing).

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2012, 03:46:13 AM »
Hey everyone! How is everyone doing? I think I've done worse than everyone else, I broke down once and bought a large lot, and now I'm getting the urge to buy other things too :(

I think I'm going to start afresh next month and save-up again. I'm such a bad host-mummy! :( XD

So, has anyone given in?
xxx

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:44 AM »
Well, I was a bit naughty and bought a new MS Lagoona today. I'm most likely going to send the other one back to Mattel and see what they send me as a replacement. The new one has her ears pierced in the right place and her face looks OK. Her freckles are a bit fainter and maybe a little messier, but I thought that I might try actually touching them up myself with some acrylic paint. Her hair was also a little messy, but I think I managed to fix that.

Oh, and I kinda agreed to trade some dolls for the I Heart Fashion girls and also for an original signature Frankie ...

So yeah, I'm not doing such a great job at this myself. Next month might be better for me too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal