collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any 3DS fans here?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any 3DS fans here?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »
I had a Zelda 3DS but it was stolen.  My husband replaced it with a purple one, but honestly there aren't too many games I want to play for it yet. 

I think I've played Link's Awakening DX the most.  Or Tales of the Abyss, but I hate the protagonist and that really turns me off playing it more.

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
Link's Awakening is my fav Zelda game ever.  No surprise, it was the first thing I downloaded.  I play that, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros.  Dr. Mario, Zelda OOT 3D, and Super Mario 3D Land.  I want Mario Kart and Super Mario 64, but I'll have to wait until I get some extra cash, lol.
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »
Yay! I also own zelda edition 3ds. oot is the only game that I have for now. I'm currently saving up some money to buy a few games since they are quite pricey and I have a quite long wish list hehe  :lol:  I want to play almost every other game that comes out and quite a few ds games... I know I can use emulator for them, but it's just not the same XD

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 04:08:11 PM »
Did you guys hear about the 3DS XL announcement?

http://www.mobilemag.com/2012/06/25/nintendo-3ds-xl-gets-90-bigger-screens-for-199/

From what I've heard, it's supposed to come to the USA in August. I could be wrong. It's coming out in red and blue. I really wish that for once they could have pink as a starter color. It will be hard to hold out for a pink one, as I am pretty interested in the upgrade.

I have the aqua blue 3DS. It's one of the prettiest colors out IMO, but I'd LOVE to have the pearl pink one. When I got mine for my bday, that color wasn't out. I don't have the heart to trade mine in for a new one because my boyfriend gave it to me. But at least the aqua one is very, very pretty so it's not too much of a big deal.

The 3DS games I have right now are Zelda:Ocarina of Time, The Sims 3 Pets 3DS, Rayman 3D,Mario Kart 7, Nintendogs + Cats Poodle Edition, and Horses 3D. I have well over 50 regular DS games so I won't bother to list all of those.

I have downloaded a few games like Fishing Resort, Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (one of my favorite GBC games), Crystal Monsters, 101 Dolphins , and Uno. I also got the free Zelda: Four Swords game while it was available.

I'd love to try out the new Kid Icarus but the control setup kinda scares me away and it seems like it may be too hard for me. I'm scared off by overly difficult games!

Right now I'm pretty addicted to Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns. I got it back when it was released last fall but it was on the backburner until just recently. Now I am playing it hours everyday. If it weren't for the fact that I have to go back to work tomorrow I'd probably be up most of the night playing it. :P

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game. I feel like the only female gamer on the planet who hasn't. All I really play these days are handheld games. Any you'd recommend as a starter? I saw that Wal-Mart had one in the $20 discount section recently....

It's cool so many pony people like their 3DSes too! I hope the game library is as awesome in the long run as the DS's was. Some of my favorite games of all time were for that system.

And I hope the online store gets more GBC virtual console games.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 04:11:01 PM »
I have tons of DS games too.  My favs are  zelda phantom hourglass and Rhythm Heaven.  I could play RH for HOURS.  It's so addicting!
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »
I have a 3DS, but as of right now the only games i have for it are super mario land and mario kart 7. I do plan on getting the new kid icarus game though :)

Sorry to hear about your 3ds, Skeen! That sucks :( but its good to hear that you have a replacement now! :)
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
Out of a mix of pure boredom and distasteful bragging, I decided to compile a list of what I have in terms of DS games and post them.  I kinda collect DS and 3DS games I want, but not as hardcore as ponies of course!

DS games:

MySims Kingdom
Urbz: Sims in the City
The Legendary Starfy
My Little Pony Pinkie Pie's Party
Avalon Code
Shepherd's Crossing 2
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Alma
Sally's Salon
Tropix
Lost in Blue
Crosswords DS
Style Savvy
Dragon Quest IX
Pony Friends
Bratz Ponyz
Bratz Ponyz 2
Bella Sara DS
Hamsterz
Petz Bunnyz
Petz Dogz Fashion
Dogz
Dogz 2
Puppy Palace
Nintendogs Chihuahua version
Cooking Mama
Cooking Mama 2
Cooking Mama 3
Horse Life
Horse Life Adventures
Harvest Moon DS
Harvest Moon DS Cute
Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands
Harvest Moon : Island of Happiness
Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns
Imagine: Makeup Artist
Imagine: Fashion Designer
My Fashion Studio
Atelier Annie
Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2
Tamagotchi Corner Shop 3
Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times
Rune Factory
Rune Factory 2
Rune Factory 3
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
Luminous Arc
Sushi Academy
Cookie Shop (European import)
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Mario Kart DS
Strawberry Shortcake and the Four Seasons Cake
Princess Debut
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon SoulSilver
Pokemon White
Kururin Doughnuts: Okashi na Recipe (Japan import)
Ochaken no Heya 2 (Japan import)
Ochaken no Heya 3 (Japan import)

And again, the 3DS games....
Mario Kart 7
Horses 3D
Ray Man 3D
Nintendogs and Cats poodle version
Sims 3 Pets 3DS
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

So yeah....brag brag. :P  Lots of these are treasured games that bring back such nostalgia. My tastes are very different from the average game. I like lots of niche stuff and girly things. And I find that some games based on franchises are good, though few and far in between.

Sad thing is, about a third of these I haven't played yet. I find them cheap, bought them, and shelved them. But I am slowly but surely working my way through them.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:35:05 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 06:51:32 PM »
Yeah, I have one. I wish the camera was better, since that's all I can use to take pictures of my ponies.

The games out of it (from what I have so far) are nice.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Rococo

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 03:32:14 AM »
I purchased the 3DS day one and I've only played it... um, that first day I got it. I completely regret jumping on it so quick when there was no software that was of interest to me and Nintendo just twisted the knife even further into my gut with the permanent price drop just a few months after lol. Well, my bf plays with it a bit so it wasn't a total waste. (I didn't make the same mistake with the Sony Vita and I am waiting to get it with software I actually want... probably the Persona 4 remake. :p)

Finally (OVER A YEAR LATER, BAH), there are a few games I'm looking forward to; Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and Theaterhythm: Final Fantasy being at the forefront.

Offline June

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 04:30:40 AM »
Nice collection Dazzle  :D

What are kingdom hearts like? I hear everywhere that the game(s) are great, but I find it weird that there is mickey mouse right next to the JRPG characters  :blink:

Rococo

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 04:37:35 AM »
Nice collection Dazzle  :D

What are kingdom hearts like? I hear everywhere that the game(s) are great, but I find it weird that there is mickey mouse right next to the JRPG characters  :blink:

Hmmmm, I really like the KH series but tbh, the story has become convoluted as hell. The original one started off so simple and fun... then the plot sort of ran away with itself and makes little sense now. If you're interested, you should try out the first game for PS2. It's a hack-and-slash RPG and tons of fun. I never knew a union between Square and Disney could be so fitting either but it is!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 06:38:23 AM »
Neat collection, Dazzle!

I have a 3DS, but only a few games. I'm still waiting on Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2!

Hmmmm, I really like the KH series but tbh, the story has become convoluted as hell. The original one started off so simple and fun... then the plot sort of ran away with itself and makes little sense now. If you're interested, you should try out the first game for PS2. It's a hack-and-slash RPG and tons of fun. I never knew a union between Square and Disney could be so fitting either but it is!
You can probably tell I'm a huge KH fan, but I do agree with this. The storyline makes me a feel a little 'bleh' in terms of how random it seems to be getting. I also agree though, the first game (and second) are really great. Re: Chain of Memories is great fun too, but quite different in gameplay :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 08:28:20 AM »
Well, my collection is tiny :P

Now that I recall it, the main reason I had a DS in the first place was to play some Strawberry Shortcake games :3

The untitled box in the center is the European-only Strawberry Shortcake: Ice Cream Island Riding Camp, which for some reason wasn't released in the US.

As for my DS Lite:

You know the owner has taste when there's a Custard the Cat sticker from the 2003 Strawberry Shortcake iteration pasted on it :3

I seriously need to get the MLP DS and GBA games...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:52:48 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline June

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 08:57:23 AM »
Are FF games for DS any good?

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 10:57:07 AM »
Are FF games for DS any good?
Well, I only have the GBA FF games :P And afaik, the only FF game to be published for the DS was FF IV, which I haven't tried. I didn't really like how FF IV swaps characters in and out so frequently without my control, so it wasn't on my want list.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal