collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who do you think should receive immunity for the next challenge?

Abbey
33 (25.8%)
Aria
25 (19.5%)
Cupid
8 (6.3%)
Draculina
5 (3.9%)
Frankie
5 (3.9%)
Jordan
7 (5.5%)
Kalma
9 (7%)
Lilitha
7 (5.5%)
Meowlody
1 (0.8%)
Nanami
2 (1.6%)
Operetta
18 (14.1%)
Percie
3 (2.3%)
Rhonda
1 (0.8%)
Rochelle
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: June 26, 2012, 09:52:42 AM

Author Topic: Challenge 1 - Evaluation  (Read 7688 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Challenge 1 - Evaluation
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:52:42 AM »
Good morning, ghouls. It is time for your evaluation.

You recall our judges:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ANTM - Challenge 1 - Guest Judge: Dita Von Honeycomb by tuneful87, on Flickr

Your critique, in alphabetical order:

Abbey:

Janice: Your hair – fierce. That outfit – even more fierce. I love everything going on here, and that’s not something you hear me say every day.

Tyra: Everything about this is pin-up! Who knew a girl from the icy mountains could work her body so well with such little clothing? The hair and outfit are perfect and you look very intriguing. I just wish you wouldn't have been afraid to direct your gaze towards the camera instead of away from it to add a little UMPH!

Nigel: MORE ICE! I'M MELTING!  You have so obviously done this before, from props to pose, to posture you ARE a pin-up! My one gripe ... the shoes love, they stole my gaze because they blend to the floor and appear at the end of such amazing ... *smacked in the back of the head by Tyra* ... stockings!  Ice always makes me crack.

Dita: I think my heart just skipped a beat! Your ringlet curls are absolutely adorable. Everything about your body is pinup perfection. Your only problem is a lackluster background and the fact that your shoes blend into the floor. Work on your environment, and these ghouls will have someone to watch out for!

Aria:

Janice: HOLY ****! This is everything a pin-up is about!

Tyra: This shot is impressive. I love how the photo tells a story and this is definitely a housewife every man wants to come home to! The only problem is that your dress seems to be a little big for you and we lose your figure. You're a petite girl; don't let it become a disadvantage when you should be working that in your favor.

Nigel: Whatever yore selling is SOLD! *stands up only to be pushed back down by Tyra* Screams a bit heavily of advert over pin-up, and a poodle dahling? Really? Table is a bit cluttered; accessorize you, not the set.  The eye loves moving up and down your pose, bravo!

Dita: This really is spectacular. It’s so good that my only critique is rather minor – watch that the back of your dress remains flattering at all times. If it seems a bit big, you can always pin it back. Otherwise, you rule this shot. This really makes me get into the fantasy. I’m thinking. “Who is this ghoul? An actress? Who is she talking to? Her lover? Her hot friend?” It gets me involved, and that is EVERYTHING a pinup is about.

Cupid:

Janice: Hot, baby, but if you spread those legs any farther, I might get something in my eye…

Tyra: Hot hot hot! Your pose just screams SEXY and you've hit all the right notes...Except for your face. Instead of looking seductive, you come off a bit angry.

Nigel: We have been fooled and there are true models in here already! Or they are at least well versed in boudoir photography!  It seems fitting the embodiment of Cupid would be well at home here, don't let it be yore only trick love.

Dita: Unlike Janice, I don’t think you’re spreading your legs too far! Your face could use a little softness though, and I think an all-fur white background would have taken it to the next level. Yellow puts a damper on the lovely white, black, and pink look that you’re rocking here.

Draculina:

Janice: Girl, you got some booty. Just watch the way you’re holding your head. It’s a looks a bit weak to me.

Tyra: Your pose looks stunning and the outfit is GORGEOUS; definitely attracts attention in all the right places. My only problem here is that you let your head fall flat. You could've used your right hand to support your head a little bit to attract more attention to your face. You've got the idea of pin-up down, I just wish you would've given a little more.

Nigel: Ghoul, ghoul, ghoul ... you make the pin-up fans pin-down!  Your left arm seems a little lazy, get it active, use your lovely limbs.  A lovely ghoul has fallen, doesn't mean yore flat!

Dita: Another spectacular outfit. But I too would have to agree with the other judges about holding up your head a bit more, or doing something more with your right arm.

Frankie:

Janice: Honestly, I'm not a fan of what’s going on here. You were trying to pull a Marilyn Monroe, but the effect did not translate well. It sorta looks like you’re picking up your dress to go to the bathroom. *looks to Tyra and company, who cringe* Am I right?”

Tyra: As crude as Janice may be, I kind of understand what she means. I get the look you were going for, but I feel it could have been executed a little differently.

Nigel: I can see this shot causing a stir amongst the judges ... the playful scattering of glassies does tend to draw the eye away from the model, but her pose is electric and the vibe is enthralling!  Careful of your gaze deary, don't look too detached or you’ll lose us.  I get a pek of Marilyn Monroe here.

Dita: Another great dress. I think I’ll be raiding your wardrobes before I leave, ghouls! The ribbons on your stockings are fantastic, too. I applaud you for taking a risk and hiking up your skirt, but as the judges mentioned, what you’re doing with your dress is a bit distracting, and not in a sexy way.

Jordan:

Janice: Is this karate or a pinup? I’m confused.

Tyra: DAAAAMN GIRL. THIS is what I call pin-up! Sexy, classy and you make one delicious looking drink! Those arms and legs go on for miles, your face has the right amount of seduction, and you look like you're having good ol' time. However, you seem to have lost a bit your right hand in the photo and if it weren't for that apron we may have seen a little too much of the werewolf housewife. Your personality is smoldering hot and tons of fun - keep using that to your advantage.

Nigel: Excuse me while I sop my brow ... I can only offer a granit jaw on the flooh, if I must critique something, I must say your glass filler seems to merge with yore bum, lending an odd ... appearance.  It is clear you enjoy it, keep it up!

Dita: While you do look extraordinarily lovely, I think you take it a little too far with your limbs. You look more like a showgirl. I would have liked to see you touching yourself a big more – a hand on a hip, or leg, or head. Your face is the most beautiful part of this photo. I can’t stop looking at you. Great interaction with the camera.

Kalma:

Janice: You’ve got the idea of the pinup, honey, but your legs – it almost looks as if two calves are coming out of one thigh. Be mindful of your angles.

Tyra: You did great! You're definitely selling pin-up, but something about you looks distant. You look a bit uncomfortable, but since it's your first shoot it's to be expected; just don't let that get to you. All that aside, you look stunning. Keep up the good work, but also keep in mind how small your frame is and how easily it is for your limbs to get lost or look awkward in a photo.

Nigel: Bone Martini. Extra dry. Splashed, not shaken! You OWN that glass dahling!  Watch the background to avoid getting lost; already so little of you there, don't hide!  VIVA LA SKELETON!

Dita: Your hair and outfit are spectacular. I want that corset! Wherever did you get it? That being said, I agree with Janice about your legs, and you could have used your left arm, perhaps bending the arm and holding your head so that it actually makes itself into the photo.

Lilitha:

Janice: I love how unique this setting and the photography is. But I feel that your left arm is lost and covering up your beautiful lips doesn’t do you any favors either.

Tyra: You have so much potential. Your look is stunning, but you look way too casual in this photo. I don’t see a pinup girl. I see the girl next door. What happened?

Nigel: Love what yore going for dear, shy and demure.  Then again a model should never hide her face, even by her own hand, and your arm is mostly hidden to boot. You are here, you scream "I AM FABUOLOUS!" with just your pose ... now let us see you.

Dita: Your set was fabulous. It was almost a desert theme, yet your outfit and body language didn’t seem to match the scene. Your legs look beautiful, but your hands…I’m not sure what they’re doing. I don’t see a pinup girl from the waist up.

Meowlody:

Janice: I like the sailor vibe. It’s a great closeup, but classic pinups showcase the whole body. You’ve got killer legs. Where are they?

Tyra: Girl, where’d you get your weave? I need that! You’ve totally got the 1950s vibe going on here, but I would have liked to have seen your whole body. Also, your right hand is a little…limp. I would have liked to see a hand on your hip here. Something stronger.

Nigel: *shuffles papers* I will be the first to admit I am not a proponent of close ups ... but this cropping and wicked s-curve of your arms, and the playful spread paws of your hands has won me over. But does it invoke pin-up? Beauty is there, tame it and channel it wild cat.

Dita: Tyra raised some good points about the placement of your hands, and I really wish we could have seen more of your legs. Looking through your film, most of your full body shots were taken from an aerial point of view, so that your head looked bigger and your legs looked smaller. What you want is the opposite effect. 

Nanami:

Janice: You’ve got the pinup look, but what are you actually looking at? The clouds? You should be staring into the eyes of the viewer.

Tyra: You look cute, but that's sadly that's all I see. Cute. Adorable. Almost a little bit uncomfortable with showing skin. Nothing about this screams pin-up to me. Pop that booty, let down your hair, run your hands through it and work those big sea monster eyes like you've just seen the most fly guy lookin' your way and you're trying to reel him in. Let everyone see how seductive, yet classy you can really can be.

Nigel: Hawt, ghoul! I’m not much for ‘busting broncos', yet you've got a wicked ride in your eyes! True pin up, but the hat hides much of your far arm and is a heavy weight on the eyes, love, and the leg fin almost attacks the camera.  Geeneeus on the play of sea monster in a land locked role!

Dita: I think this is a classy pinup, and I don’t think you’re being too cute or shy. However, I do wish your eyes were looking more towards the camera. That would have taken this shot to the next level.

Operetta:

Janice: What the ****? You remind me of myself back when I was younger! I’m not crazy about the wrinkled background though. You have the most adorable sailor outfit…but where’s the water?

Tyra: Girl, I think you've nailed not only the pin-up theme, but you brought yourself all the way back to the 50s! The photo looks sexy, inviting yet oh-so sophisticated. Your hair works wonderfully with this week’s theme; I just wish you would've used those long, gorgeous legs a little bit more.

Nigel: I think they've got my telly and are just trying to induce a rockslide ... sepia is for later love, live in glorious color! But I can always appreciate a slate grey skin tone any day of the week! *rests his head in his hands*

Dita: This is so classy! I really do like it, but having your foot cut off in the photo is a definite no-no. And other than the background issues and the lack of color, as Janice and Nigel mentioned, I think you did a fabulous job.

Percie:

Janice: I DO NOT like the amount of special effects going on in this photo. LOVE the pose and outfit.

Tyra: MEEEOWW! You are working that body in all the right ways, girl! The only problem is your face looks a bit bored. I'm not sure if you were tired from being on the set too long, or just decided to try being a bit more relaxed, but don't let your energy get lost in a photo shoot. That rocker girl personality is one of your greatest assets and we need more of it! Maybe bring a little catnip with you next time to keep yourself focused and keep the energy going.

Nigel: I would love to play with this kitty, but I don't even think granit would stand up to her claws!  Spot on and only thing i would change is pure aesthetics, a touch less grainy on the illustration vibe.  You are flesh, you are blood, now RAWR!

Dita: You are channeling Bettie Page 150% here. You rock the pinup look. But the special effects are a major distraction. The ball of yarn was a nice touch, but what’s going on with the background and the super grainy fur…it detracts from a classic pinup. That aside, you definitely you know how to pose.

Rhonda:

Janice: I love that you’re giving me some leg. And you’ve got a real classy outfit going on. I’m not totally sure how I feel about the hand on your chin though. It doesn’t seem to add to the pinup vibe.

Tyra: This is the kind of pin-up that leaves more to the imagination and I love it. You look shy yet provocative; two things that really work, especially for this photo shoot. I think you could've turned your head a little bit to be more focused on the camera, but otherwise this is a job well done and your outfit is wonderful.

Nigel: One simply cannot go ill with green and blue!  I appreciate the old timey illustration effect, but I'd adore to see your ghoulish face in its fully defined glory, superb posing dynamics!  You are a wicked, wicked ghoul, be fierce and own it, make Dorothy quiver in fear!  So says Nigel! *sits up straight with arm and finger pointing up in the air*

Dita: My biggest concern here is that your lovely green skin is totally washed out. You’re blending into the background, and totally being outshined by your hair, dress, and shoes. I want to see more of your skin. It’s too gorgeous not to be seen in its full glory.

Rochelle:

Janice: Based on your entry photos, you have so much potential. I just don’t see it here. I want to see you do more.

Tyra: Your face has the right amount of sexy and sweet; and I think that actually works very well for you. I also see a little bit of mischief in that face of yours, which I'd like to see more of. I'm not quite sure about your choice of cover-up and you seem to have lost both of your hands and one of your legs, yet you still remained very classy. Just be sure to not forget that your limbs can make or break a photo.

Nigel: Now THAT'S a USA patriot I could get behind, though I'd much prefer a more loyal backdrop, but that's pure willful want.  Now to avoid anymore granit melting stares, I'd love to see your cute little feet and the tip top of your tiara; without your feet the pose is lacking.  The stone has it in my opinion.

Dita: You had a cute, patriotic idea in mind, but the missing feet and claws…it’s terribly distracting. I think you could have taken the camp to a whole new level. This could have totally worked if it had been a full body shot including your feet and claws, and if perhaps you were in military stance, legs fully spread, a hand on your hip, another hand in salute. Even partially wrapping yourself in the flag could have been lovely. I recall seeing a photo spread of Pamela Andersin doing that.

Good luck, everyone! Your did a fabulous job! May the best ghoul win!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:14:03 AM by America's Next Top Monster »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 1 - Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »
Hi Tuney,
This wasn't my final sumission, please can you read your PMs since I sent a different one before the time deadline ran out?
Thank you! Loving everyone's photos!
x

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:03:02 AM »
Great job everyone! Some awesome ghouls here! I'm amused that 2 of us did the martina glass thing, haha.

Lots of comments about facial expressions I notice... if only our dolls could actually move their faces ;)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »
Wow, such awesome shots! It was hard for me to pick, but in the end, I think my favorite here is Cupid. ;)

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 10:08:07 AM »
Hi Tuney,
This wasn't my final sumission, please can you read your PMs since I sent a different one before the time deadline ran out?
Thank you! Loving everyone's photos!
x

Done!

As for the martini glasses, were there actual 1950 pinups like that? It would have never occurred to me to have done that! It's an interesting look. Now I'm envisioning a hot pinup monster emerging from a cake for some reason! HAHA!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
Thank you so much Tuney :) :) xxx
My fave is Aria. Hands down, I definitely loved her shot, that was what I wanted to achieve: the sophistication but I've taken in the comments and will definitely think a lot harder about the next one!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »
Wow guys! Everyone's looks ammmmmmazzzing. Even if two get voted out, I still think everyone's was amazing. :D

And I agree, Aria is my favorite as well. Very 50's and very pinup. :D While I do see what the judges are saying about the dress, I still it works well all around. Makes me wish I had more furniture to work with. Thrift store time!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 10:13:08 AM »
the glasses are a little more known in burlesque than pinup, but there have been advertisements using the girl-in-a-glass motif since at least the 20s and on from there

And yeah, I wish I had furniture too! This challenge I had to squeeze in at the last moment because of school insanity (sleeping an average of 3 hours a night for the past week and a half) but hopefully I'll have more time in the future :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:14:58 AM by NoDivision »

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 10:14:50 AM »
Such lovely pictures!

I don't know what I was thinking, not getting the legs in that shot lol

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 10:16:45 AM »
OMG. Abbey, Aria, Cupid and Kalma totally KILLLLLED it (in a good way)!! I'm gonna have to give my vote to Operetta though. She was just made for this shoot. THEY ALL RULE THOUGH

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 10:19:43 AM »
Such amazing pictures! The fierce competition /sobs.

I didn't realize Operetta's foot was cut off until after, oops. At least it's not as bad as some of the other shots I took <________<;

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »
Wow, everyone did a great job! Good luck, contestants!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 10:27:36 AM »
P.S. Remember to advertise, guys! Get as many members as you can in here!

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 10:35:53 AM »
great shots everyone! all the monsters look so smexy ^_^

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 10:40:25 AM »
I hope you guys don't mind if I just leave comments! I have nooo idea about MH dolls but I think this contest is so funny so I came back to see the results... My favs, in my ignorant apprecation! :

Abbey - I love her background & the lace...I'm such a sucker for lace!

Lilitha - I actually really like her in this, but I can see where the judges are coming from, maybe if her hands were towards the back sort of casually on the rock or something, so she's leaning back some, it would have been even better.

Percie - NGL she's my #1 fav in this shot but the filters!! Agree with the judges! But if not for that she's #1 for me!!

Great Job models (& photographers >.>)!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal