collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can a buyer edit an invoice? Buyer didn't pay for shipping...  (Read 1023 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I sold am item and to make a long story short I printed out the paypal packing slip and realized that the shipping was $0.

Of course, on the auction it says $9.99. I'm thinking the buyer erased that and put in "0"?

Is that still possible? I haven't recently bought anything to check. Can I get some help here?

I refunded the payment the buyer made and told the buyer to pay for the FULL amount. I kind of feel like they are trying to pull a fast one on me...

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Can a buyer edit an invoice? Buyer didn't pay for shipping...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 03:31:09 AM »
Do you have it marked in your seller account, under site preferences to not allow buyers to edit totals?

Go to My Ebay > Account > Site Preferences > Payments from Buyers.  Make sure it says No next to Allow Buyers to Edit Payment Totals.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline daydreamwinn

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 05:28:59 AM »
This actually happened to me a few months ago.  I sold a boxed Barbie to a person in Russia, and somewhere along the line the shipping got changed to zero.  I contacted the person, and they were very understanding and wanted to pay the actual amount for shipping.  I also called ebay, got the typical runaround, but basically came to the conclusion that it was a glitch in their system that caused the shipping to set itself to 0.  Hopefully your buyer is as understanding as mine was.  :) 

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 05:32:51 AM »
I didn't realize this! You'd think the default would be for buyers NOT to be able to edit. Thanks for the heads up, changed mine!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »
ponylady - Actually it does say "no" next to allow buyers to edit payment totals. I don't ever remember editing it though? Weird...

daydreamwin - I guess it could just be a glitch. Weird though and annoying since the buyer hasn't responded. Ugghhh

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 03:29:42 PM »
I know how it happened and I don't think it matters whether you change the settings or not... let me explain

I live in NZ but use a uk address when I buy of ebay uk, my uk address is saved as my default setting on paypal so I can bid on all uk auctions. However when sellers offer international shipping I will always get my items sent to nz... this is where the problem starts.
When I change my address for the item to get sent to nz, postage costs then go to $0 and a request is sent to the seller to updated postage. In the mean time little boxes show up so I can insert postage cost however I can never insert any amount as sellers have there setting so buyers  cant edit prices (understandly so) and so I can actually pay for the item with postage at $0. Of course I never do this and wait for the seller to update postage but yeah it happens like this all the time.
Now when I want stuff sent to nz I message the seller my address and they just edit the postage price.. I dont change my address on paypal to my nz address : )

I hope this helps but I can say 100% your buyer knew they didnt pay postage so I wouldnt send it until they do

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 01:13:34 AM »
You know I'm sure I've seen this too when paying for something and thought that was a bit odd. I think it is when there are several shipment methods available so you have to put in the right amount. Obviously I've never changed tried to change the amount to zero so no idea if it would work.

Always looking for MLP erasers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 11:48:07 AM »
Thanks for your post. That could have been what happened. I have no idea if the buyer changed the addy or anything. I have to say, I just have a weird feeling that this was done on purpose.

Oh and I had to open a non-payment case. I even emailed the buyer but no response. I'm so pissed I have to pay the 50 cents on the paypal fees for an item that's worth very little.

Well make sure that the total the buyer paid is the actual total. I'm sure it can be easy to miss if you just ship the item. The ebay "paid for" button is all filled in and if you don't do look at your paypal invoice you can be screwed!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 12:24:48 PM »
It just happened to me again. I won an auction of ebay.com and because my address is UK is just had a blank field to enter my own shipping.

Always looking for MLP erasers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »
Crap, I thought I opened one but I didn't. I just tried to open a case but it wouuldn't let me since it shows I did a refund. Crap.

I did a cancel transaction. God, this is such a pain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal