collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Too Much At Once?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
Re: Too Much At Once?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »
The ONLY reason I think so is because I'm broke. XD

But otherwise not really... then again, I don't complete sets. And like the roller derby dolls - I don't like them at ALL. And having seen DDG Lagoona in person the other day - she's nothing spectacular. Definite pass.
Picking and choosing is the ONLY thing that keeps MH from ruling my house, haha...

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 02:50:33 PM »
This happened last year as well, though we literally didn't have any releases for about six months (December 2010 to June 2011 was completely dry) when Mattel opened the floodgates and decided to spring the bulk of everything on us at once from June-August and then slowly continued on through the end of the year. I had been hoping that they would have a better handle on distribution this year.
I wonder if maybe they feel they have to announce everything as soon as it's ready in order to get the jump on the stolen stuff that goes through Taobao? I know it's a problem for Hasbro with the MLPs. Their new releases are always getting leaked through Taobao before they can make an actual announcement themselves. They claim they are trying to do something about Taobao, but I don't know that they can really do anything other than pay the factory workers enough that they don't feel the need to steal stuff and sell it on the black market.

Repulsive333

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
The ONLY reason I think so is because I'm broke. XD

But otherwise not really... then again, I don't complete sets. And like the roller derby dolls - I don't like them at ALL. And having seen DDG Lagoona in person the other day - she's nothing spectacular. Definite pass.
Picking and choosing is the ONLY thing that keeps MH from ruling my house, haha...

I wish i could do that.. It makes me really sad that i have to complete certain things... Like my Ghoulia horde and Operetta Collection... Cause i totally agree. I do not like the roller maze girls AT ALL...
Maybe i will just pass... Kalavista maybe i should be more like you with this.... Definitely... ;)

<3

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 07:13:49 PM »

......But main problem with it is that all of these new dolls being released/announced aren't given enough time to sink in. It may be just me, but I don't feel nearly as excited about the Scaris dolls, even the new girls, as I did when Rochelle, Venus, and Robecca were revealed.

It just seems like a bad idea to me. All of these new reveals back-to-back (counting the last few months) takes attention away from current products on the shelf. Throw the re-releases into it too, and you have more split interests and burnt out customers.

It seems all the stuff we've seen yesterday wasn't meant to be seen.  The images and posts are gone.  Maybe Mattel agrees with you, Zeena.  I know I do.  I don't have time to bond with any of my girls because I'm always worried about the next thing!

Maybe these were meant to be saved for SDCC.  What can they possibly reveal there?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »
It seems all the stuff we've seen yesterday wasn't meant to be seen.  The images and posts are gone.  Maybe Mattel agrees with you, Zeena.  I know I do.  I don't have time to bond with any of my girls because I'm always worried about the next thing!

Maybe these were meant to be saved for SDCC.  What can they possibly reveal there?
Gone from where? They're still on the Monster High Parents Facebook page (as well as the official Monster High FB page, but those are all just the MH Parents' images that people have copied over).

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
I'm not on Facebook.  I check Monster High Parents Blog page frequently, and what was there yesterday is gone today.  Plus no word from any other pages I check all the time, who usually reblog new info.  Icicle said on the general thread (Page 53, Post 793) that her photos of Skelita and Jinafire on Flicker were taken down because of Mattel...... 
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 07:52:11 PM »
Yup, they were all taken down on Tumblr today. A bit late for Mattel to yank them... they've already spread everywhere...
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Argentum-Zeena

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 06:27:19 AM »
Ahh, I see. This makes much more sense now. Though their effort to remove the images will be in vain.

Rococo

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »
Monster High dolls have been rolling out at records speeds lately but as I am not a completist (thank heavens), I am just sitting back and enjoying looking at pictures of soon-to-be-released items and fawning over them.

What does annoy me are store-exclusive items for some of these doll releases. I'll probably never get a Howleen because of this *is salty*.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal