collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WIP: My Rose Petal Place Prototype Custom Saga!  (Read 1324 times)

CrimsonEtClover

• Trade Count: (0)
WIP: My Rose Petal Place Prototype Custom Saga!
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »
Hello! So some of you are familiar with Rose Petal Place, and if she's one of your collections, you probably know that there were 6 (I think) unproduced dolls from the line. Only a few of each unproduced character have surfaced so far, and most of them are split between two collectors. It's my dream (there's a dream I have dreamed, from an early age...) to have these girls, but I know that will never happen. Not in a million years, even if I win the lotto!

Second best, make them myself!

I started with a Bubble Belles doll, because she has the same (similar at least) hair colour as Canturberry Bell, and of course, she's  pretty much a Rose Petal Doll.

This:  (the one in front, light pink hair. photo by BattyCollector<3)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/battycollector/5180901809/

To this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/venivididolli/4647174427/
(Veni Vidi Dolli's picture, I think from Ebay)

Here is my start: (you can see Venni Vidi Dolli's photo on my computer screen behind her)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I painted the fabric for the dress, and was trying to figure out the apron! (it was way too big)

Next:

Here is her current state. The bodice is too big, and I used vintage ribbon, so it's really no good for sewing... it shreds and is way too stiff! so now I'm on the hunt for better pink soft looking fabric before I can really go ahead with her.

So what do you guys think? Her hair is temporary with the toothpicks and all that - I plan to sew it into place, and of course her dress needs a lot of work! ....but I think she has some promise!

This is my first "custom" since I was probably around eight! And it's not even a true custom since I'm a bit scared to repaint her....

I do plan on doing all of the dolls, eventually... and recreating their boxes, too!

I just wanted to share with you guys... thanks for looking<3  :lovey:

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WIP: My Rose Petal Place Prototype Custom Saga!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »
She's looking great!!!  I've wanted to do this myself, and have even stock piled a few RPP dolls in sad shape for just that purpose, but haven't ever started.  I'm excited to see your progress!!!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »
That is so cool!  I always wanted Rose Petal Dolls after watching the video but I never got any.  Do you have pics of your Rose Petal collection?

CrimsonEtClover

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
Thanks, Mlpcrazy<3 You should make yours, too! I just have to ask: have you mulled over original RP characters, too? Based off different flowers?

Hey apanda, I have a few awesome treasures in my RPP collection (nothing too rare, just cool) but unfortunately I haven't had a camera in a while! (just my phone - ugh!) I'm excited to share pics, though, as soon as I can take some *good* ones!

Offline mlpcrazy

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »
Whenever i've started "daydreaming" about the characters I've always tried to rein myself in LOL!  I try to tell myself to worry about the custom 2nd wave and go from there, so no real plans for original characters...yet!  :)

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 09:06:05 PM »
she is looking great! making tiny doll dresses is not easy, im sure trying to replicate one is even harder!

alixia13

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 08:33:32 PM »
This came out great!!! I would love to try and make one look like Fuchsia Rose-Petal Place doll.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
Wow, that doll is lovely!  Very well done!  I know I had one RPP doll as a kid and I loved her!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
Wow great job! I love those 1988 RPP dolls- I had Violet for a while but let her go on ebay in a moment of weakness (one of those lets clean out everything unnecessary moments)

- Your custom is awesome!  Your paint job is fantastic- but wow- the detail and work!  Have you ever used the printable fabric?  I know some doll customizers that have had a lot of luck with that as a way of reproducing a fabric that is no longer in print (I think they create it on an art program and then print?)

Offline mlpcrazy

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 07:22:06 PM »
Wow great job! I love those 1988 RPP dolls- I had Violet for a while but let her go on ebay in a moment of weakness (one of those lets clean out everything unnecessary moments)

- Your custom is awesome!  Your paint job is fantastic- but wow- the detail and work!  Have you ever used the printable fabric?  I know some doll customizers that have had a lot of luck with that as a way of reproducing a fabric that is no longer in print (I think they create it on an art program and then print?)

Ooh do you have more info on that fabric stuff Galactica?  Have you ever used it?  I had thought iron transfer, but if there's fabric you can actually print on...hmmm...intrigued!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 09:35:09 AM »
I actually bought some from Michaels but haven't used it yet-

they sell it as stiff sheets of fabric just about everywhere (there is some on amazon- and at most big craft/fabric stores)

You can send it through a regular inkjet.  The friends I know who have done it have created the design in an art program and then printed-  it looks amazing!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal